Hammer Proficiency should provide a passive HP and Armor boost while using Hammer

Ausar.9542

8 hours ago, Jski.6180 said:

I want to see barrier on dmg when using a hammer.

Imho this is the best fix.

Give hammer more natural barrier and it'd likely get enough sustain. Hammer loses alot of evades compared to sword so it'd likely balance itself out providing they don't go over the top. 

I always liked barrier as a sustain tool in all honesty. 

I'm just curious to what the final result will be as I doubt it's getting left at 55k DPS, but it gets knocked down to 35k it will be outclassed by firebrand. 

Unless ofcourse they intend to deal with firebrand... But not many nerfs will fix it outside removing quickness from it outright as its major power is providing aegis, stab and quickness in one build. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2022 at 5:19 AM, Infusion.7149 said:

Full elemental empowerment stacks already puts you at 1200 toughness with no base toughness gear.

🙂 I'm not sure if you understand how elemental empowerment works;p It's touch ONLY stats from armor/weapon/accessories so if you don't have chosen stats in armor you will not get any buffs to that stats. For example: if you have berserker armor you will get bonus % only to berserker stats, not to vitality etc. 

Edited by Milosz.5938
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Milosz.5938 said:

🙂 I'm not sure if you understand how elemental empowerment works;p It's touch ONLY stats from armor/weapon/accessories so if you don't have chosen stats in armor you will not get any buffs to that stats. For example: if you have berserker armor you will get bonus % only to berserker stats, not to vitality etc. 

Pretty sure it increases based on base stats (i.e. 1000 toughness baseline) similar to every other trait, in fact you can watch any benchmark video where the elemental empowerment stacks drop off and the toughness in the equipment panel drops off. It's also set up that way on GW2Skills, see http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PGQAIGNB-zRIYRUwDA-e
For example soulbeast has 1150 toughness in PVE while merged with beast mastery and if you run Armored Attack on warriors , Blast Shield on Engineer, or Virtues traitline on guardian it converts base stats.

A flat damage reduction would make combat math more imbalanced than it is now unless the damage reduction is from hammer orbs, whereas vitality would be on par with firebrands under quickness or daredevils running a staff. Even master's fortitude on weaver is a health increase.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Pretty sure it increases based on base stats (i.e. 1000 toughness baseline)

Hmm... Developer himself said that it will not work like that - that's 1st thing.

2nd, me personally, also made in both betas tests as Catalyst (I'm main elementalist) - and true it didn't change my base stats (when I was full power it didn't change vitality, for example). 

Gw2Skills is very nice page but I wouldn't be soo trust there when it's about pre-lunch classes.

3 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

Then play Scrapper.

That is what anet has effectively made most ele players do even before catalyses. The same ish effect can be used for different classes every thing must be new is partly why we are in the mess we are in now.

Ideally you would have to use the hammer to get the barrier effect so your out right wepon locked and rolled locked for the most part to get the barrier effect. Scaraper gets barrier on dmg even if it dose not use a hammer and you can play scraper as support or dps and still get use out of its barrier on dmg. Catalyses would be still worst hehe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Milosz.5938 said:

Hmm... Developer himself said that it will not work like that - that's 1st thing.

2nd, me personally, also made in both betas tests as Catalyst (I'm main elementalist) - and true it didn't change my base stats (when I was full power it didn't change vitality, for example). 

Gw2Skills is very nice page but I wouldn't be soo trust there when it's about pre-lunch classes.

So once again.... Someone in full zerk/assassin's benchmarking had 1040+ toughness (not armor) in either beta. So it's quite clear it converts base stats and not just equipment.

If the developers stated that it will not affect aggro I would like to see that quote. Anyone using any form of toughness is going to have potential issues running their build in group content since it amplifies up to 20%.

• Like 1