Warrior is fine in pvp just needs bug fixes.

Poelala.2830

Axe throw as well as blade trail, rush, bull’s charge, and the overall feature that makes most skills nullified based on just jumping are the only problems with warrior. Core axe/axe tactics war is a really good team fighter and that survive well enough to side node. It’s nowhere near as tragic as Mesmer, or elementalist. EDIT: What is stopping anet from having axe throw be as consistent as ranger's axe 3? or rush be... less clunky? Or so on/so forth. There are other skills that are similar to the ones that don't work on warrior whose code can simply be copy-pasted I assume.

Edited by Poelala.2830
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

I would dare say that the warrior's issue in sPvP is a little bit more complicated than your claim that "the profession have buged gap closers".

- Strike damage: apart from axe, most of the weapon skills need to be less telegraphed (mace, GS and even hammer are way to slow to really have an impact in the gamemode).

- Condition damage: It would be nice to have more variety there. Sword is still one of the most awkward weapon to use and LB is... meh. No idea why there is a trait that apply conditions on hard CC when none of the weapons that use hard CC apply damaging conditions.

- Non damaging conditions: The main issue here would be a lack of variety (a common theme for the warrior when it come to conditions...).

- Offense: There are melee skills that root the character and that's an issue since the game release. Objectively, allowing warriors to move while performing those skills would help tremendously in improving the warrior's wiability in sPvP.

- Defensively: While avoidance and self heal are at a reasonable level, the warrior lack a bit in the area of invulnerability/block. Likewise, the 300s ICD traits direly need to be updated (If they want to keep the 300s CD effect, I'm fine with it, but put an additional effect on the traits that would make them worth using).

- Support: Probably at an "OK" level. The support provided is not exciting by any mean nor is it overwhelming but it isn't bad either.

- Some utilities need love, for example, nobody use frenzy and berserker stance have seriously lost it's appeal. I have yet to see anyone use "Fear me!" and I've played since release of the game.

- ... etc.

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Poelala.2830 said:

It’s nowhere near as tragic as Mesmer, or elementalist.

What do you mean? core mesmer is good and underrated, but eclipsed by mirage, it's not tragic, i see some bias on this post. And no, axe offhand warrior is not a good sidenoder (but a teamfighter unless constant might corruption, then you're totally out, weakness is too strong), unless you're against lower skilled players.

Edited by Zizekent.2398
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

I would dare say that the warrior's issue in sPvP is a little bit more complicated than your claim that "the profession have buged gap closers".

- Strike damage: apart from axe, most of the weapon skills need to be less telegraphed (mace, GS and even hammer are way to slow to really have an impact in the gamemode).

- Condition damage: It would be nice to have more variety there. Sword is still one of the most awkward weapon to use and LB is... meh. No idea why there is a trait that apply conditions on hard CC when none of the weapons that use hard CC apply damaging conditions.

- Non damaging conditions: The main issue here would be a lack of variety (a common theme for the warrior when it come to conditions...).

- Offense: There are melee skills that root the character and that's an issue since the game release. Objectively, allowing warriors to move while performing those skills would help tremendously in improving the warrior's wiability in sPvP.

- Defensively: While avoidance and self heal are at a reasonable level, the warrior lack a bit in the area of invulnerability/block. Likewise, the 300s ICD traits direly need to be updated (If they want to keep the 300s CD effect, I'm fine with it, but put an additional effect on the traits that would make them worth using).

- Support: Probably at an "OK" level. The support provided is not exciting by any mean nor is it overwhelming but it isn't bad either.

- Some utilities need love, for example, nobody use frenzy and berserker stance have seriously lost it's appeal. I have yet to see anyone use "Fear me!" and I've played since release of the game.

- ... etc.

Not sure how you boil down my entire statement to bugged gap closers when rush is literally the only gap closer I mentioned, but to respond to the rest of your statements:

Strike damage: mace and hammer are incredibly telegraphed according to you, but mace 3 is 1/4 second cast time and is comparable to dagger 3 in its fast interrupt capability. The only thing on mace that has a long activation time is the core burst skill which can stun for a considerable amount of time. I would love for every skill in the game that can stun for 3 seconds to be well-telegraphed. For hammer, the only skills that have an uncommonly long cast time is hammer 5 and 2; one of which is a long knockdown and the other, well... cant really argue there. That skill sucks.

Condition damage: "more variety there" while warrior essentially has every condition in the game. Skull grinder by itself can easily apply 6-7 condition on skill use alone. Not sure what you're talking about with sword because sword/sword beserker has burn, cripple, torment and bleed without traiting for any additives like tactics immob on cripple and arms vuln on burst. Can't argue with you that longbow sucks for condition damage, but it is a considerable duelist on core warrior. The part of saying no weapons that use hard CC are condition focused is quite hilarious when you remember my comment on skull grinder.

Non-damaging conditions: warrior has a trait that gives 7% increased damage when for is movement impaired and warrior has tons of applications of cripple and immob from both tactics AND spellbreaker. The only non-damaging condition warrior does not have a lot of is blind which is great because that would put warrior over the edge considerably. 

Offense: The only melee skill I can think of that roots a character in place is hundred blades... and correct me if I am wrong doesn't warrior have a plethora of sources of hard CC and immob to ensure these skills hit?

Defensively: Not even going to dignify most of this with a comment.. warrior has insane survivability. Insane.

Support: Most classes have a majority of dead on arrival skills/traits/utility skills at this point this is the norm for gw2. When is the last time you've seen a staff ele? Or an ele use earth (that wasn't tempest)? Or a non-arcane ele that wasn't a tempest? Or an ele that uses utility skills other than the 5 usable utility skills? So on and so forth. If you want a class that has a huge variety of good skills to choose from engineer is right there. It isn't fair but it's how the game is designed.

The class is fine. Other classes are massively overtuned. If you aren't seeing some success with warrior try learning how to fit into the meta better.

• Confused 7

Bro I'm so sad I didn't screen this...

Me meme-ing gunflame, Axe/Shield second set. Full signet of fero stacks, and obviously stacked signet buffs...

In WvW some 'Queen of the Arena" flexing her extremely capable Core necro death magic gameplay on Trailblazer with 30 carapace stacks. In shroud. How much did I expect my axe throw to hit? Well atleast a 4 digit number non crit with all the buffs I had on Scholar Rune and Zerker stats....

What a fool I was. 300 dmg. 300 DAMAGE!!!!1111

You may not believe me, but fr do the calcs... That's more tanking than any warrior can hope to muster without a stance activated, on full Minstrel with Defense slotted and Prot/Reso up...

Whatever. I'm bored. Now EoD Necros will be able to rup away from us. Imagine Harb with Spectral and Worm kek./

I just confirmed the maths. Buff warrior please.

Edit: Just reinforces one of my two frequent criticisms of the Feb2020 patch. That WvW shouldn't be balanced like PvP. You can walk around with +4k defense in WvW, you can't in PvP, so reducing damage levels in WvW to the same numbers in PvP just drives a bunker meta in WvW that only player numbers can bust.

Edited by Lan Deathrider.5910
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Peacekid.1463 said:

cut it warriors are FINE....but other class are NOT beyond a reasonable doubt.....the other class are NOT and WILL not BE BALANCE bcoz if they do Warriors will facefarm them

"We, the developers, wanted to make something new. Something... unique. We wanted to make a profession no one would complain about. We had a major success - warrior has been in a great spot ..."

• Sad 1

In my games this season warrior does seem great at sidenodes, especially when no one is sidenoding these days, everyone is a roamer, there are no condi builds for some reason even though core necro  is meta and it enables them so no mirages , weavers, trapper rangers or even burn guards weird and nothing has changed. Those plat to legend warrior mains seem quite OP considering that they are stuck in gold level matches with people that can't rotate for kitten , i only hope warrior doesn't get another nerf since its beating up with a stick the roamer monkeys. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, Vancho.8750 said:

In my games this season warrior does seem great at sidenodes, especially when no one is sidenoding these days, everyone is a roamer, there are no condi builds for some reason even though core necro  is meta and it enables them so no mirages , weavers, trapper rangers or even burn guards weird and nothing has changed. Those plat to legend warrior mains seem quite OP considering that they are stuck in gold level matches with people that can't rotate for kitten , i only hope warrior doesn't get another nerf since its beating up with a stick the roamer monkeys. 

I'm glad that's been your experience. I haven't seen warrior do anything in any of my matches. They are usually not very good and certainly almost never carry their team. The games I've been in have been dominated by the same ol' necros/guards/thief/ranger/Holo/rev stuff, with a healthy sprinkling of scrapper, mirage, and weaver.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1