Here's why EoD is not a great one compared to its predecessors

There comes a point where you either enjoy a game because the game is what you enjoy, and you're excited to see the story and new end-game content and/or PvP implications from new profession goodies--or not. It's not like EoD can re-bring out gliding or mounts--those two features have already been done. So the fact that they're even adding the features they are and not just expanding on an already excellent game is already more than a lot of games get.

I'm looking forward to EoD a lot because of the new playable story, content, and potential rewards. This, along with new features, albeit simpler, look like an adequate expansion to the map of things we already have that will also be used in this new expansion.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Chaarliee.2307 said:

And don't get me started on the new warrior specialization.  Like how does that spec relates to the lore of the class ? Were they on drugs when they come up with that ?

The lore of the class? What lore? You mean the lore thats literaly just "they are warriors"?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

I can say what would have been up there with gliding and mounts for me - rework of underwater combat. Complete and utter one, with heavy use of masteries to spice it up.

Underwater combat is, by far, the worst and most disfunctional part of the game. So many skills just straight up don't work. Weapons are garbage. You can straight up delete it and nobody would complain (too much anyway). You could redo literally anything, up to and including class homogenization - and it won't get worse.

Going against a deep sea dragon was a perfect opportunity to rehash that part of the game, affecting the whole package like gliding and mounts already did. Masteries for underwater skills. Submersibles. Combat transforms. Anything goes. We actually have had experiments on that idea in the past, with combat gliding in S3, or legion waystations. Yet we only get an underwater turtle -_-

Edited by Wintermute.5408
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

On 2/4/2022 at 6:28 AM, Doggie.3184 said:

No swimsuits for skiffs and fishing makes the features both incomplete and barely existent.

Mine as well remove them from the list.

Or just give us swimsuits. Yay!

Edited by Mil.3562
And welcome my little confused ones, so cute :)
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/22/2022 at 2:16 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok, so that's why I think people complaining about the expansion/s "because PoF added mounts and it was huge!" for the most part just have unrealistic expectations. Whenever asked "what they'd even expect to have here" there's pretty much no answer. Here, I have to admit that I don't think I understand what you mean by "leave banner notes"? The only thing that comes to my mind after reading it is the equivalent of "minecraft signs" where you just set a marker and can write something on it, but it surely can't be it? 😉 

I have given many ideas for features for the expansion before they revealed the stuff in EoD. I assume you want me to list some of them. So I will.      

*Player Housing

*Sea to Land Weapons

*Greataxe or some other new weapon type.

*New WvW Maps

*New SPvP mode

*Boats with Naval Combat and Treasure Hunting

*New playable Races

*New Crafting Professions

*Airships

*New World vs World mobile Siege weapons

Just off the top of my head. Now take one or two of them and that provides more than what the feature list provides now to shake up the game. Fishing and Skiffs should have been features for Ice Blood Saga like Living Story. Not an expansion selling feature, since it going to be meaningless to the vast majority of players. Same with Siege Turtle.  It should have been a WvW mount/siege. 

• Confused 6

16 minutes ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

*Airships

Not going to happen as that would totally invalidate skyscales and griffons, and would make getting across maps way too easy given that PoF sized maps are the max they can make maps.

*New playable Races

Not going to happen due to the sheer amount of VA work, as well as remodeling tons of armors in the game, that would take.

Doesn't really make sense with how the crafting professions we already have covering everything we need to do in the game.

*Player Housing

This would just be the Guild Hall decoration system on a much smaller/more limited scale, to account for player houses being much smaller then guild halls, and not a real new feature.

*Sea to Land Weapons

Not going to happen due to the whole new suite of models, skills, and powers, needed to make a new weapon valid this late in the game.

*New WvW Maps

*New SPvP mode

*New World vs World mobile Siege weapons

Game modes 90% of the playerbase doesn't care about and are things that amount to side updates during a LW season, not an expansion level feature.

Doesn't make sense due to map size and we have no reason to be that far out in the deep ocean shooting at.... uhhh..... who again? Anyways.

Just off the top of my head. Now take one or two of them and that provides more than what the feature list provides now to shake up the game. Fishing and Skiffs should have been features for Ice Blood Saga like Living Story. Not an expansion selling feature, since it going to be meaningless to the vast majority of players. Same with Siege Turtle.  It should have been a WvW mount/siege. 

I'd rather have things that work, aka what we got, then fantasies that don't make sense. That is a better feature list then what you provided. I can safely say I would get more out of skiffs, siege turtles, and fishing, then pretty much anything you listed.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

On 2/7/2022 at 2:45 AM, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I have given many ideas for features for the expansion before they revealed the stuff in EoD. I assume you want me to list some of them. So I will.      

I think you missed:

a) a bit of the context of that response, where the point OP had was trying to compare eod features to past espansions' features, mainly -as is already pretty much a tradition- basing their expectations on the mounts. Mounts, which indeed had a great impact on the game, but also mounts that are hard to reasonably match in any future expansion.

b) part where most of those were already commented on -either in this thread or one of the others.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/107253-heres-why-eod-is-not-a-great-one-compared-to-its-predecessors/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-1554680

*Player Housing

Claiming that "fishing is bad and unimpactful", but then pretending that "housing is good and impactful!" doesn't make much sense.

*Sea to Land Weapons

Sea to land weapons? Why? Are you seriously telling me that you can't think of -many- current land weapons that could easly use reworks/updates? Why would you introduce new when there's still space for fixing/improving what we already have?

Same as above.

*New WvW Maps

*New SPvP mode

Ok.

"Treasure hunting"?

Boats? We're getting them.

Naval Combat? How do you exactly imagine naval combat in this game? (actually curious, not a rhetorical question) And before "naval combat" (if anyone even wants to think about it), we certainly first need actual working boats, which -again- we're getting in eod.

....ah and lets not forget that apparently "multiplayer mounts with active combat skills = bad", but for some reason "boats with combat skills = good"?

*New playable Races

Same response as about the player housing. How is this impactful? Not even talking about being anywhere "nearly as impactful as mounts", but they're just not changing anything about gameplay at all.

Like which ones? And... tbh, why? How is this anything new mechanically? How is this somehow gamechanging? It just isn't.

*Airships

Griffons+Skyscales

...and we don't need more easy ways to avoid actually playing the game.

Just off the top of my head. Now take one or two of them and that provides more than what the feature list provides now to shake up the game.

Completely disagree, based on what I said above. Implement new race with housing and pretty much nothing changed about the game and its gameplay. Why are you pretending it would? I don't know, maybe it's just to complain for the sake of complaining.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2