15000 max Achivs from dailies! Why???

3 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

There are only two pages in this thread and you couldn't find them? I'll reiterate.

These were the reasons I gave for wanting the cap lifted:
- AP are a personal measurement of progress, and it doesn't matter how many other people have

Sure, they are, but not so much if you get infinitely grindable APs for repeating same few basic tasks, right? I don't see how replaying the same dailies for 9 years is "progress" which needs to be shown by majority of acquired achievement points -it really seems like you're trying to sugarcoat your true intentions and hope nobody will question it. So it's not even an actual, realistic reason, more like an effort at keeping the appearances.

- I also never felt the pressure to do dailies; I'd do them if I had the time or inclination since the AP was nice

"I didn't/wouldn't feel the pressure to do dailies" is a reason for lifting a cap now? How? (...more about "truthfulness" of this point below btw)

- I definitely feel demotivated to do them (dailies) now that AP are no longer available; I very seldom go for a whole set of them like I used to

Ok, so just don't do them if 2 gold isn't a worthwile reward for you, when you can complete it in 5 minutes. Do whatever you want instead. Again, how's that an actual reason for lifting the cap? (while at the same time you pretend these APs wouldn't pressure you into anything, except you're not interested in doing the dailies without the AP like you repeatedly keep bringing it up?)

- AP for dailies encourages me to do dailies which encourages me to go do content I normally don't do which helps to populate maps and events that may need a boost

"It encourages you to do dailies you normally don't do", but at the same time you've just wrote that it doesn't pressure you into doing dailies. These 2 seem like a direct contradiction.

And of course "it would encourage you", since this is an EXTREMELY easy way to farm up achievement points for rewards. This is the point. This is why when you pretend that the reasoning for lifting the cap is the fact that "AP measures progress", it's clear that this is a false argument that has nothing to do with reality of what dailies are. And this is also what you've avoided responding to entirely, while still repeating the same pretended reasoning in this post for some reason.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

22 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

That seems like a flimsy reason. Is that the best you can think of? I would respond to that reason saying that only event completionist (4 events same map) "might" be impacted like this while other events such as Daily world boss, daily jp, daily dungeon, daily fractal all directly benefit and would be easier for new players with higher populations of players in lfg, doing portals, tagging up, etc. Even the daily 4 event completion since its for any 4 events (all over the map) it seems like having plenty of people taking part would benefit new players far more frequently than it would hurt them.

Well, the base reason "I can think of" (without even giving it much thought btw) is the fact that expectation of receiving unlimited ACHIEVEMENT POINTS for the same repeated set of dailies, while claiming "it's a way to measure progress" is simply nonsense. Yup, that's about it.

tl;dr: stop pretending it's anything other than just an attempt to get easy rewards for fast and easy task. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Sure, they are, but not so much if you get infinitely grindable APs for repeating same few basic tasks, right? I don't see how replaying the same dailies for 9 years is "progress" which needs to be shown by majority of acquired achievement points -it really seems like you're trying to sugarcoat your true intentions and hope nobody will question it. So it's not even an actual, realistic reason, more like an effort at keeping the appearances.

"I didn't/wouldn't feel the pressure to do dailies" is a reason for lifting a cap now? How? (...more about "truthfulness" of this point below btw)

Ok, so just don't do them if 2 gold isn't a worthwile reward for you, when you can complete it in 5 minutes. Do whatever you want instead. Again, how's that an actual reason for lifting the cap? (while at the same time you pretend these APs wouldn't pressure you into anything, except you're not interested in doing the dailies without the AP like you repeatedly keep bringing it up?)

"It encourages you to do dailies you normally don't do", but at the same time you've just wrote that it doesn't pressure you into doing dailies. These 2 seem like a direct contradiction.

And of course "it would encourage you", since this is an EXTREMELY easy way to farm up achievement points for rewards. This is the point. This is why when you pretend that the reasoning for lifting the cap is the fact that "AP measures progress", it's clear that this is a false argument that has nothing to do with reality of what dailies are. And this is also what you've avoided responding to entirely, while still repeating the same pretended reasoning in this post for some reason.

incentive != presure

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

22 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's an oft-posted lament about 'Vets' using Mounts or just easily taking down mobs in those Dailies.  🤷‍♂️

sure I hear ya on things like that, but thats kinda what I meant w my response. I mean some people who are new are just confused and will get upset at anything that seems to complicate things for them, but I think overall having people who can do the right things when events have actual requirements and people who can taxi others through JPs etc are obvious benefit dispite the fact that some will always complain if an event closes before they had a chance to get participation credit. 

• Confused 2

11 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I don't see how replaying the same dailies for 9 years is "progress

Then you also wouldn't see how participating in the same festivals year after year can feel like progress either. Doing stuff and getting AP for it feels like progress to me, regardless of the stuff in question. You don't have to share my opinions, but I'll gladly explain them since they seem to baffle you.

13 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

just don't do them if 2 gold isn't a worthwile reward for you

I don't, and that's why I want the cap lifted; to make dailies worthwhile to me again.

14 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's not, actually. When I was still getting daily AP, I never felt pressure to make sure I logged in every day to tag my points, but if I happened to be online anyway and saw dailies available, I might choose to knock those out instead of idling somewhere to chat or sticking to my usual preferred content. It was a nice option to have and it was worthwhile so long as it gave AP, but it never felt like a burden, which is a common thing brought up by those who want the cap to stay.

17 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

it really seems like you're trying to sugarcoat your true intentions and hope nobody will question it.

You say cryptic things like this to people often (self included), and I gotta say it's getting a little weird. Would you mind answering my question about the benefits of the AP cap or are you just here to say stuff like this with no explanation? Try to stay on topic.

21 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

It's an oft-posted lament about 'Vets' using Mounts or just easily taking down mobs in those Dailies.

Is that specific to dailies, or just overleveled characters in core zones full-stop? Sounds less like a systems issue and more like a matter of manners. Vets being in core areas isn't a problem so much as what they choose to do while they're there. We're seeing these laments even with the cap in place, so I'm not too sure removing it would impact the issue very much one way or another.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

incentive != pressure

How's that? 😉

Seriously though I understand what Moore meant and I sorta end up feeling the same way about dailies. That is, the first thing I used to do when I logged in before I hit the 10 ap cap was to look at the daily list decide which I wanted to do then I would either do them right away or just catch the ones I would end up completing during my normal play time (like when its all wvw and thats what I already plan to do). One way or another I would almost always make a point of doing my dailies. Any like JP, wvw caps, world boss I would see if others I know also wana do them (social interaction) I never felt presure to do dailies other than when I was so new to the game and broke that I cared about the 2g and loot. Now I dont care about the 2g or loot. I hardly care about 10 ap, but the ap at least is a progressive value that I the player can see change over time that shows me I have logged in and done SOMETHING other than sit. It doesnt matter how much you say it matters as an accomplishment. What matters is post lvl 80 its one of the ways players can see progress. Its important in games in general to feel a sense of progression. Its really simple and not confusing in the least.

At this point since I dont care much about 2g a day but I value MCs is I check dailies for MC daily when its MC daily I do that. Otherwise I pretty much never do dailies. Ohh also if I need a gift from a specific dungeon for a legendary or what have you I may do dungeons, but I have so many currency I usually dont need to bother.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

13 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Then you also wouldn't see how participating in the same festivals year after year can feel like progress either. Doing stuff and getting AP for it feels like progress to me, regardless of the stuff in question. You don't have to share my opinions, but I'll gladly explain them since they seem to baffle you.

It's not unlimited, that's kind of the point, so not sure what you think you're proving here? This is really not an equivalent of repeating same 5 minute tasks and gaining unlimited APs while pretending you need those AP "to measure progress", huh. This is so dishonest that it hurts you repeatedly think anyone can treat that as an actual reason here.

I don't, and that's why I want the cap lifted; to make dailies worthwhile to me again.

Good, then keep not doing them and keep doing whatever you want. There's enough people still doing dailies whether the top 0.x% joins them or not. I don't see how that's problematic at all and you still didn't explain that.

It's not, actually. When I was still getting daily AP, I never felt pressure to make sure I logged in every day to tag my points, but if I happened to be online anyway and saw dailies available, I might choose to knock those out instead of idling somewhere to chat or sticking to my usual preferred content. It was a nice option to have and it was worthwhile so long as it gave AP, but it never felt like a burden, which is a common thing brought up by those who want the cap to stay.

"I'm not pressured by it, but the moment I stopped getting AP from dailies, I stopped doing them because I'm not even interested in doing them in the slightest... except, if they lifted the cap, so I'd be getting AP for them, I'd start doing dailies again! But no, not pressured by them at all"

Right. 😉

You say cryptic things like this to people often (self included), and I gotta say it's getting a little weird. Would you mind answering my question about the benefits of the AP cap or are you just here to say stuff like this with no explanation? Try to stay on topic.

I don't see what's "cryptic" about what I wrote. And I already answered why uncapped dailies make no sense. Repeatedly, ESPECIALY when someone wants to pretend "it's just to measure progress". You're literally responding to these posts where I keep writing it. Pretty sure I'm consistently right on topic too, I'm discussing capped AP dailies in every part of my point, not sure what you'r eaiming at with that "try to stay on topic", but ok.

And you dodged this 2nd time in a row:

No, trying to reduce it into "but festivals give AP too" isn't a direct response to this nor is it changing anything about you pretending that having unlimited ap for extremely fast and easy daily tasks is "measuring progress".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

That is, the first thing I used to do when I logged in before I hit the 10 ap cap was to look at the daily list decide which I wanted to do then I would either do them right away or just catch the ones I would end up completing during my normal play time (like when its all wvw and thats what I already plan to do).

Yeah, because it's a fast and easy way to rewards, but stop pretending it's progress, since the dishonesty of that ""reasoning"" is way too transparent to fool anyone 🤷‍♂️ 

@AgentMoore.9453 no problem, I'll quote what I wrote about it right after you stop repeatedly dodging above, I think it'll be fair enough? 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

9 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

It's not unlimited, that's kind of the point, so not sure what you think you're proving here? This is really not an equivalent of repeating same 5 minute tasks and gaining unlimited APs while pretending you need those AP "to measure progress", huh. This is so dishonest that it hurts you repeatedly think anyone can treat that as an actual reason here.

Good, then keep not doing them and keep doing whatever you want. There's enough people still doing dailies whether the top 0.x% joins them or not. I don't see how that's problematic at all and you still didn't explain that.

"I'm not pressured by it, but the moment I stopped getting AP from dailies, I stopped doing them because I'm not even interested in doing them in the slightest... except, if they lifted the cap, so I'd be getting AP for them, I'd start doing dailies again! But no, not pressured by them at all"

Right. 😉

I don't see what's "cryptic" about what I wrote. And I already answered why uncapped dailies make no sense. Repeatedly, ESPECIALY when someone wants to pretend "it's just to measure progress". You're literally responding to these posts where I keep writing it. Pretty sure I'm consistently right on topic too, I'm discussing capped AP dailies in every part of my point, not sure what you'r eaiming at with that "try to stay on topic", but ok.

And you dodged this 2nd time in a row:

So player perception from my point of view on visible progress. Things I look at and care about in the sense that they give me a feeling of progression like ap. Character level, character will all elites, character in full legendary gear, character with all 32 slot bags, all dyes available in game, collecting entire black lion skin sets for BL tickets to buy more skins. I think I have maybe 30 complete Black Lion Skin sets at this point. Pvp rank WvW rank to the point I gain no benefit from more levels (other than another pip maybe), Titles.

I like seeing progress in all of those things, but they all have limits. AP is the one thing with limits I can think of that still gives me an actual feeling of progression. That is, I have done allot in the game and Im feeling kinda short on things that give me some sense of progression how ever minor. In fact, so much so that I raid and do fractals on other accounts because my main account has all the things from those modes I wanted.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

So player perception from my point of view on visible progress. Things I look at and care about in the sense that they give me a feeling of progression like ap. Character level, character will all elites, character in full legendary gear, character with all 32 slot bags, all dyes available in game, collecting entire black lion skin sets for BL tickets to buy more skins. I think I have maybe 30 complete Black Lion Skin sets at this point. Pvp rank WvW rank to the point I gain no benefit from more levels (other than another pip maybe), Titles.

I like seeing progress in all of those things, but they all have limits. AP is the one thing with limits I can think of that still gives me an actual feeling of progression. I have done allot in the game and Im feeling kinda short on things that give me some sense of progression how ever minor. In fact, so much so that I raid and do fractals on other accounts because my main account has all the things from those modes I wanted.

Yes, you like numbers going up, except the weight of each of the things you've listed above works to an extent and is based strictly on the way they're acquired. Seeing AP as some kind of "visible progress" makes sense if it's actually progress. Repeatedly completing same fast and easy daily tasks for unlimited AP is far from "progress" and is a false -or at the very least not well thought out- reasoning. Dailies are closer to log in rewards than actual achievements or "progression".

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Feeling pressure to gain AP I would say is what motivates AP hunters to do collections or buy ap (droobert). I would say dailies are short tasks, that have a hard daily limit to how much progress they can provide but give a potencial daily incriment of change that once you hit the 15k cap evaporates with nothing to replace it. I think it would be nice to have it back or to have some replacement that fullfills the same sense of progression.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, you like numbers going up, except the weight of each of the things you've listed above works to an extend and is based strictly on the way they're acquired. Seeing AP as some kind of "visible progress" makes sense if it's actually progress. Repeatedly completing same fast and easy daily tasks for unlimited AP is far from "progress" and is a false -or at the very least not well thought out- reasoning. Dailies are closer to loging rewards than actual achievements or "progression".

Incrimental change IS progress. WFT do you think traditional game''s that just give a score are offering as a sense of progression? Especially old games in which the game 4-5 levels repeats but your score continues to progress. I just think you are sounding a little confused or intentionally refusing to admit the fact that its normal for games to offer this and its strange that ap has that cap.

I wouldnt even care if it was given some other progressive indicator once you hit the ap cap. Just some sense of how many times I did the daily would be cool. That counter just stops. Why do you care? what are you affraid of?

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Feeling pressure to gain AP I would say is what motivates AP hunters to do collections or buy ap (droobert). I would say dailies are short tasks, that have a hard daily limit to how much progress they can provide but give a potencial daily incriment of change that once you hit the 15k cap evaporates with nothing to replace it. I think it would be nice to have it back or to have some replacement that fullfills the same sense of progression.

So it's pressure unless you want to pretend it's not for the sake of having extremely easy unlimited source of AP. Yup, that's exactly what it looked like and exactly what I meant above. Thanks.

4 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Incrimental change IS progress. WFT do you think traditional game''s that just give a score are offering as a sense of progression? Especially old games in which the game 4-5 levels repeats but your score continues to progress. I just think you are sounding a little confused or intentionally refusing to admit the fact that its normal for games to offer this and its strange that ap has that cap.

Ok, so I'm talking about actually "making progress" (completing broader/new/more content, not repeating the same one for 15 years and pretending "it's progress, because I got AP for it") and you're talking about "progress as increasing any number by any means". If that's what you're striving for, then you can "measure your progress" by endlessly farming gold in any way you want, including your wallet. You're welcome .

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 minutes ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

Then you also wouldn't see how participating in the same festivals year after year can feel like progress either. Doing stuff and getting AP for it feels like progress to me, regardless of the stuff in question.

Well im of the oposite opinion. That these repeatable achievs actually diminish account progress. Imo achievs should be awarded for mostly one time feats. Be it skillfull feat, general progress and exploration and maybe some grindy for repeatable tasks, but not unlimited grind. And dailies are the most basic grind. High AP number should indicate you experienced various aspects of the game and very high number should mean you achieved the hardest task in different types of content.

Also 10 AP is just dispportonate to many other achievs and 15k is just a huge chunk of overall possible. And comparisson to any other repeatable achievment is in order. It is in its basic a repeatable achievement called "Daily" that has 3 subtasks. That is no different to any other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Well im of the oposite opinion. That these repeatable achievs actually diminish account progress. Imo achievs should be awarded for mostly one time feats. Be it skillfull feat, general progress and exploration and maybe some grindy for repeatable tasks, but not unlimited grind. And dailies are the most basic grind. High AP number should indicate you experienced various aspects of the game and very high number should mean you achieved the hardest task in different types of content.

Also 10 AP is just dispportonate to many other achievs and 15k is just a huge chunk of overall possible. And comparisson to any other repeatable achievment is in order. It is in its basic a repeatable achievement called "Daily" that has 3 subtasks. That is no different to any other.

Ok but you seem to want AP to mean somthing other than what it is cauase what you describe isnt what AP means and it never will be cause its not like you discribe reguardless of the ap cap. Therefore, you point is moot.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

8 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Well im of the oposite opinion. That these repeatable achievs actually diminish account progress. Imo achievs should be awarded for mostly one time feats.

Yup, agreed. If there's any point to make about the daily AP cap, it's for it to take a smaller % of the overal AP number, not to make it unlimited 🤷‍♂️ 

6 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Ok but you seem to want AP to mean somthing other than what it is cauase what you describe isnt what AP means and it never will be cause its not like you discribe reguardless of the ap cap. Therefore, you point is moot.

Ok and you seem to want daily AP to be something it's not, since it's capped and you want it uncapped, so by the same argument you've just used: what you want here is moot? Or is it -for some reason- not the same? (and what he describes is MUCH closer to reality than what you want, since all of the AP sources are capped and suddenly you want one of them uncapped btw)

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

It also used to let me see how many times I have done the daily, once the ap cap stops I cant even count how many times I do "the dailies" its indicators evaporate. Even if it wasnt the AP some kind of way to look and be able to see that I have done the daily 1501 times would be cool, but it stops hard at 1500 dailies.

• Confused 2

1 minute ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Well im of the oposite opinion. That these repeatable achievs actually diminish account progress. Imo achievs should be awarded for mostly one time feats. Be it skillfull feat, general progress and exploration and maybe some grindy for repeatable tasks, but not unlimited grind.

I can understand this mindset, tbh. People have different views of what should qualify as an achievement, how many points it should give (if any), and what the rewards should be for getting them - in the case of dailies, ArenaNet already made that determination; all that's up for discussion now is the cap.

There are definitely those who feel more accomplished about their AP if they got all of it through doing challenging end-game, but there are also those with OCD (Obsessive Completion Disorder) who enjoy doing all the things just because they're there, regardless of difficulty, and the 'worth' of their AP count comes from seeing it tick up rather than tracking where the AP came from. Both of those approaches are fine, and tie into my 'I don't care how many other people have or how they got them' stance.

The idea that achievements aren't really achievements because they don't meet some kind of self-imposed criteria strikes me as silly (and I don't say this to imply that you are, just responding to the concept). It's like those people who call themselves 'true' gamers versus people playing a game for entertainment like one is a superior species. Someone walks by with a gen1 legendary; did they buy it or did they craft it? Did they walk through fire to make it themselves or did they grind out/buy gold to get it directly? We have no way of knowing and we shouldn't care either; that's the way I feel about AP.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

It also used to let me see how many times I have done the daily, once the ap cap stops I cant even count how many times I do "the dailies" its indicators evaporate. Even if it wasnt the AP some kind of way to look and be able to see that I have done the daily 1501 times would be cool, but it stops hard at 1500 dailies.

Ok, then ask ANet to introduce a counter on Daily Completionist. It's already a thing on some of the other achievements that still don't provide unlimited AP. And then I'll even support you on that particular idea, since that actually makes more sense than uncapping the APs 😉 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

TBH its obvious that SOBX and Cuks are worried about feeling the AP they have for non-repeatable tasks is deminished by daily ap. I think of ap as a personal progressive number more than anything. Its not an indicator of much else. The most capable player could have 100 ap and a very incapable player could be near 50k ap. It just doesnt mean much competitively.

As others mentioned early in the game (season1) people could earn ap that cant be obtained now so its a poor compeditive indicator. It is however, one of the only ways the game has other than item collection that shows progress past lvl 80 and the cap was added later to protect less active players. So I really think your argument is weak.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

I think of ap as a personal progressive number more than anything. Its not an indicator of much else.

Again: Ok, then ask ANet to introduce a counter on Daily Completionist. It's already a thing on some of the other achievements that still don't provide unlimited AP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Ok, then ask ANet to introduce a counter on Daily Completionist. It's already a thing on some of the other achievements that still don't provide unlimited AP. And then I'll even support you on that particular idea, since that actually makes more sense than uncapping the APs 😉 

Right, sure. I was never specifically asking for the ap cap to be removed, per say. I was agreeing with the OP that we lose an indicator that used to give me incentive to do those things and now without that incentive I usually dont bother. Then I also said that I think its a probably unfair and maybe not good that its just removed and the game might be better off with some kind of incentive either ap cap removed or something else once cap is hit. I see no good argument against this idea.

However, this topic is always sensitive because the game has allot of old season 1 vets that want to hold onto AP "advantage?" they have compared to others and they dont wana have to be as active to maintain that lead. I can see how that would be desireable, but it also has some obvious flaws and seems like a bit of a false counter argument.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2