Jump to content
  • Sign Up

15000 max Achivs from dailies! Why???


Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Right, sure. I was never specifically asking for the ap cap to be removed, per say. I was agreeing with the OP that we lose an indicator that used to give me incentive to do those things and now without that incentive I usually dont bother. Then I also said that I think its a probably unfair and maybe not good that its just removed and the game might be better off with some kind of incentive either ap cap removed or something else once cap is hit. I see no good argument against this idea.

 

However, this topic is always sensitive because the game has allot of old season 1 vets that want to hold onto AP "advantage?" they have compared to others and they dont wana have to be as active to maintain that lead. I can see how that would be desireable, but it also has some obvious flaws and seems like a bit of a false counter argument.

Then do some permanent ap if you want to see your number tick up.

This is only really a problem when you done litteraly everything the game have to offer mate.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why active veteran players are deprived !? Many login just for the sake of these 10 AP Arena does not need the activity of the players? Arena doesn't need veterans? Arena too lazy to add

If you "login just for the sake of these 10 AP", then it doesn't seem there's a whole lot of activity from you now, does it? Or am I misunderstanding what you've just said here?

Sounds like someone just reached the cap. 

11 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Then do some permanent ap if you want to see your number tick up.

This is only really a problem when you done litteraly everything the game have to offer mate.

However, I do that and the point was related to an indicator for the daily task list. Not achiements in general. Also Im NOT an AP hunter. I do ap I think looks fun or that gives me a title or reward I want. However, I DO like to see progression indicators which is my main point and desire is to discuss the fact that the cap removes an incentive that I had the first 7-8 years and now miss having and I can see no way to even see how many times I have done the daily now cause the daily monthly counters stop at 15k total. So I know I did over 1500 dailies for over 3k gold, but thats all I know.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

However, I do that and the point was related to an indicator for the daily task list. Not achiements in general. Also Im NOT an AP hunter. I do ap I think looks fun or that gives me a title or reward I want. However, I DO like to see progression indicators which is my main point and desire is to discuss the fact that the cap removes an incentive that I had the first 7-8 years and now miss having and I can see no way to even see how many times I have done the daily now cause the daily monthly counters stop at 15k total. So I know I did over 1500 dailies for over 3k gold, but thats all I know.

Then just do /age and see your days played tic up each day it is the same thing.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Then just do /age and see your days played tic up each day it is the same thing.

almost its an indicator of how many days I logged in since release and how many hours logged in but that's a similar indicator, but it lacks the actual key information about dailies. plenty of ways one could devise like api tracking but its not an in game progressive indicator of dailies.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

TBH its obvious that SOBX and Cuks are worried about feeling the AP they have for non-repeatable tasks is deminished by daily ap. I think of ap as a personal progressive number more than anything. Its not an indicator of much else. The most capable player could have 100 ap and a very incapable player could be near 50k ap. It just doesnt mean much competitively.

I never said AP is any indication of skill or player capability or comepetitivness. That is something you made up. I said it is indication of experience in different aspects of the game. Someone with over 40k AP has probably seen and done it all. 

But I guess to some it's more interesting if the AP number would mean how many dailies they did in their lifetime. To me that seems a very boring stat. But hey if that is what you want why not ask Anet to just add the number directly - number of dailies completed. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

That is something you made up. I said it is indication of experience in different aspects of the game. Someone with over 40k AP has probably seen and done it all. 

Probably, yes. Doesn't mean they were good at it (or that they were doing some stuff more than once, in case of non-repeatable achievements)

14 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

To me that seems a very boring stat.

Well, that's what it already is. No change there.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Probably, yes. Doesn't mean they were good at it (or that they were doing some stuff more than once, in case of non-repeatable achievements)

Noone in this thread said it is indication of skill. I think this is a general consensous and dont know why it is brought up.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

Noone in this thread said it is indication of skill. I think this is a general consensous and dont know why it is brought up.

Because "experience" without anything coming from it is meaningless. And AP tells us absolutely nothing about that second part.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Because "experience" without anything coming from it is meaningless. And AP tells us absolutely nothing about that second part.

Make whatever meaning you want or dont, this has nothing with the previous quotes or my posts. 

I just wrote what the stat represents for me and how daily dillutes it. I dont look for deeper meaning or have any particular fondness of APs. 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

And i am pointing out that this stat never had that meaning you see in it in the first place.

You point out nothing. You write vague posts that have nothing with quotes. What meaning? Its a number, it represents smth. Its not random. Quantify it better, fine. 

Edited by Cuks.8241
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

You point out nothing. You write vague posts that have nothing with quotes. What meaning? Its a number, it represents smth. Its not random. Quantify it better, fine. 

what I can say for sure is AP demonstrates progress in the game in various forms. That progress is not related directly to skill of any particular sort, I would say AP is very similar to XP in many ways. That is, both XP and AP incrument from many types of in game activity. Both can incriment from simple things like waypoints, poi, vista, donation to droobert, JPs, story completion, meta collections, etc. those things all give XP and AP at various times. Some is repeatable (more than once) some is hard caped as single payout. That is when you visit a vista again on the same toon you do not gain more AP or XP. Both to some extent can relate to skill but again neither means a player is skilled at any value/level. So then why do they exsist? Why do we as players look at them and care? I would argue the main reason is they are both ways we can track our progression in the game. That progression can be from doing one time collections, doing pvp or just visiting poi, vista & wp.

 

So my point is the one thing AP is for sure an indicator of is progression over time. XP stops meaning anything once points needed are spend. At this point I have many thousands of extra HPs in various forms and doubt I will ever actually need another one as long as I play even after training them on every toon I have when EoD comes out in a few weeks. (That is, Im pretty sure I have about 20k unspent Testimonies of Heroics)

 

The 15k cap stops what I consider the better more practical post 80 progression indicator with respect to doing the daily. It just seems really arbitrary and kinda dumb that once you do 1500 dailies it stops counting and giving any sign of progression. Yes other things have caps on AP. However, dailies are unique in many ways and dailies didn't always have that cap.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Incrimental change IS progress.

 

I wouldnt even care if it was given some other progressive indicator once you hit the ap cap. Just some sense of how many times I did the daily would be cool. That counter just stops. Why do you care? what are you affraid of?

We have that with Agent of Entropy.  How fulfilling is that for progress?

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
typo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

We have that with Agent of Entropy.  How fulfilling is for progress?

Well it doesnt make me salvage more, but for dailies at least a counter would be something. It is kinda interesting to see AoE pop up a box once in a while and is a legit reminder of progression. That is, it always makes me think about how many thousands of game items I have salvaged over the years. In a similar sense seeing either a slight change in AP or some daily counter would remind me that I have done allot of dailies and that number would change over time to continue to give a sense of change and progression which can become pretty scares later in the game as I would guess you are aware.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also I dont think Agent of entropy ever compelled anyone to spend more time playing the game, especially on a daily basis. The dailies on the other hand do seem to compelling, or did back when I got a little daily reward in the form of 10 ap of progression added to the total # each day. Some days doing the daily doesn't add much interest other days a player may find themself doing fractals or running around wvw or doing a JP that they didnt original plan to do, which in turn can lead to being compelled to do other in game activities or some times not. Point is dailies are not really the same as salvaging items even if some dailies can be about as easy (daily vista comes to mind).

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

It was stated that as long as there was a counter on the activity, it would be enough.  I guess that's not so. 

 

Regardless, the Devs have stated there are only so many Achievement Points allotted to each release.  If the cap was removed from Dailies, there would be even less (or none) allotted to new content.  We would be back to the threads lamenting few APs for everything else.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AgentMoore.9453 said:

- I definitely feel demotivated to do them (dailies) now that AP are no longer available; I very seldom go for a whole set of them like I used to

I mean, you can keep doing them for the easy two gold or the WvW/PvP reward-track potions you get for doing the WvW/PvP ones.

Or you could do seasons dailies! Or daily Fractals! Or weekly raid/strike stuff! Or just rotate through the more lucrative world events as your "chorewheel" activity!

The world is your oyster. You have *completed* the daily achievement hunt and now you are free. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ASP.8093 said:

I mean, you can keep doing them for the easy two gold or the WvW/PvP reward-track potions you get for doing the WvW/PvP ones.

Or you could do seasons dailies! Or daily Fractals! Or weekly raid/strike stuff! Or just rotate through the more lucrative world events as your "chorewheel" activity!

The world is your oyster. You have *completed* the daily achievement hunt and now you are free. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean sure that's true. I just dont bother with the daily tasks because they have nothing I want reward wise. I do have about 1k of each wvw and pvp potions on my main account and more on alt accounts. I still do raids, fractals, some wvw but I basically play ALLOT less than I used to. The OP wasnt about what I like to do tho. The thread was about why do we have this 15k daily cap and who benefits from it. I still see allot of people dancing around the topic of people who don't want to have to be on the daily treadmill but still want to maintain a "lead" in the ap leader boards which I find kinda funny and like they have a very weak argument. So I have been having fun with the topic.

 

I think the game could use more things to get players so socialize and interact in game. I think dailies have always been one of the more effective, fun and simple ways people end up on the same maps doing simple things and often socializing a little while they do. I think other things like Guild system could also use a revamp to help with that aspect but that all goes off topic. I mention it tho because it is part of why I bothered to post.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

The 15k cap stops what I consider the better more practical post 80 progression indicator with respect to doing the daily. It just seems really arbitrary and kinda dumb that once you do 1500 dailies it stops counting and giving any sign of progression. Yes other things have caps on AP. However, dailies are unique in many ways and dailies didn't always have that cap.

 

5 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Also I dont think Agent of entropy ever compelled anyone to spend more time playing the game, especially on a daily basis. The dailies on the other hand do seem to compelling, or did back when I got a little daily reward in the form of 10 ap of progression added to the total # each day. Some days doing the daily doesn't add much interest other days a player may find themself doing fractals or running around wvw or doing a JP that they didnt original plan to do, which in turn can lead to being compelled to do other in game activities or some times not. Point is dailies are not really the same as salvaging items even if some dailies can be about as easy (daily vista comes to mind).

So much for "I was never specifically asking for the ap cap to be removed, per say", when this is exactly what you keep doing 🤷‍♂️ 

Repeating the same easy 5 minute dailies over 9 years for easy AP/reward acquisition is not progress. It's as ""good"" as log-in rewards -and we already have those. Start marking the days you log into the game in your callendar and that's as good as the "progress measurment" you're asking for here.

 

 

2 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

I think the game could use more things to get players so socialize and interact in game

If socializing is/was the goal here, then you have yet another reason (other than 2 gold) to continue doing the dailies. If you won't do them "because no AP gain" then maybe it isn't really about socializing after all, but instead it's yet another sugar coated justification that's supposed to sound nice and nothing more than that.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

 What meaning? Its a number, it represents smth. Its not random.

Sure it's not random. It is a number, it represents a value. Nothing more.

You however want to attach somesting more specific (experience) to that value. Which... doesn't really work all that well. Two people with the exact same AP value can have wildly different game experience. In fact, someone with lower AP value can have more game experience than someone with more AP.

All the meaning you attach to AP exists only in your own head.

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ASP.8093 said:

The world is your oyster.

I appreciate the sentiment, but Moradorin put it best.

8 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

The OP wasnt about what I like to do tho. The thread was about why do we have this 15k daily cap and who benefits from it.

I know there's other stuff I can do to collect AP, and I've stated multiple times that I do it - it's just not what this thread is about. Wanting spaghetti for dinner doesn't mean I forgot about all the other kinds of food that exist, it just means I'm in the mood for spaghetti (that they stopped serving after the 1,500th day).

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

Sure it's not random. It is a number, it represents a value. Nothing more.

You however want to attach somesting more specific (experience) to that value. Which... doesn't really work all that well. Two people with the exact same AP value can have wildly different game experience. In fact, someone with lower AP value can have more game experience than someone with more AP.

All the meaning you attach to AP exists only in your own head.

Someone with 40k ap had to play all game modes quite a lot. 

Someone with 30k ap has played different modes often. 

And that is all the meaning I attached to it. You even agreed. Yes its far from perfect you need to also play in specific manner to gain them but thats how it is with these. The gains are not very well balanced either. 

And yes someone with 10k ap could have played just dailies and never stepped out of pvp or wvw for example. And that is why I say these dilute the overall value and skew it and why I dont like repeatable grindy achievs in general and preffer one time feats. They also promote grindy play style which I dont like in games and why I like gw2. 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

I think the game could use more things to get players so socialize and interact in game. I think dailies have always been one of the more effective, fun and simple ways people end up on the same maps doing simple things and often socializing a little while they do.

That's certainly a valid opinion.  I disagree.  I would prefer that Anet not implement content that forces socialization (or even heavily encourages it).  Some of the players I see "socializing" while waiting on a world boss, for example, are people I wouldn't want to socialize with based on the conversations that are sometimes had.

No, thank you.

  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

I just stumbled upon this blog post from 2014 where ArenaNet explains the reason for the daily revamp:

 

Quote

As part of this change, we removed achievement points from the individual dailies. In the past, if you wanted to max out your achievement points, you’d have to do all ten daily achievements in a day and run all over the world. Instead, we’ve created a new meta-achievement for completing any combination of three daily achievements from any category. Completing this meta-achievement will award you a flat 10 achievement points that count toward your daily achievement point cap. So now players concentrating on achievement points only need to ensure they finish three daily achievements. Players will earn rewards other than achievement points if they complete additional achievements; you can do more achievements if you’re excited about the additional rewards, but you don’t have to feel pressured to do all of them every day to reach your achievement point max.

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...