15000 max Achivs from dailies! Why???

51 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I don't believe I have an opinion about the cap.  I'm rather apathetic.  I just do like the 400 Gems from Achievement Chest.  And, I don't think most players only do Dailies.  APs come from many sources; if there were no cap, Dailies would definitely shorten the time between AP Chests.

Right at present Im at the cap I dont get any worth while reward from dailies nor do I get any AP or counter change so I just skip them. Some days my daily gets completed through coincidence. Back when I was doing wvw daily I would usually end up w daily completed as a by product for instance. I do still get AP though because I play daily. I do like the gems too I just dont consider them significant reward. I dont consider any of the AP stuff post 30k to be good. Again, Im not an ap hunter and I dont really care about my AP total nor the chests at this point, but sure who doesn't like some gems or gold once in a while. That said, its very insignificant reward if I wanted rewards I could just camp a toon at the Flax camp and get more gold per minute vs. the ap chest for 5k gives after 500 dailies. So it just doesnt seem like the reward value means anything at all in any comparable sense to anything else time wise.

The only thing that does seem significant is the lack of a sense of progression from daily completion post cap. Im not talking about total AP progression Im talking for daily completion. I had a progression indicator for the first 8 or so years of playing then Poof it stops cause... cap. That imo is really arbitrary and could easily be removed and removal would only "harm" un-active and semi-active vets who want to hold onto a delusional concept that the AP means they are good at the game or are better and did more than others, which is just not what AP means in the first place.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

14 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Why not, when it's already a thing for other achievement/s?

"the technology is already there", so this really sounds like a weak excuse for why you're pushing for something you've claimed you're not pushing 😉 

dont ask me its not my choice which if any is done. You seem to really want to be able to assrt which I would prefer, however, either would be great.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

11 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

dont ask me its not my choice which if any is done. You seem to really want to be able to assrt which I would prefer, however, either would be great.

I know it's not your choice, but if you write things like "but I dont see Anet adding a special counter " and "Adding some counter would be nice but its not happening" then you surely have something to base it on. If not, then... that's exactly the point. The only thing you wrote as a justification for that opinion is "cause its dev time for some silly almost meaningless crap. ", but how is it a meaningful amount of dev time when it is already something that exists in the game with other achievements?

Hopefully the point of my previous post/question is clear now.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

I've honestly always wondered at the "if you don't get 10AP the dailies give you nothing" interpretation of the dailies. I've been at the 15k cap for years, but I still do the dailies most days. It's an easy 2g, some writs of experience for my alts, and beyond that it sends me to areas I don't go as often. By going there I get to hang out with other players, do some events, maybe stop and have a chat and joke around while waiting for a world boss to spawn. Quite often when it's a daily JP, I'll hop on over with a mesmer and sit and portal people and chat for a bit. I've met a number of my ingame friends that way. The dailies can be more than just the 10AP if you consider them from another viewpoint. 🙂

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I know it's not your choice, but if you write things like "but I dont see Anet adding a special counter " and "Adding some counter would be nice but its not happening" then you surely have something to base it on. If not, then... that's exactly the point. The only thing you wrote as a justification for that opinion is "cause its dev time for some silly almost meaningless crap. ", but how is it a meaningful amount of dev time when it is already something that exists in the game with other achievements?

Hopefully the point of my previous post/question is clear now.

Nice try, but its how our talks about in game changes always go. That is, dev time and what anet would realistically do is always the main crix of any potencial change. Same goes for balance as a topic. We always say what we woulc like and then people try to suggest things that might actually be doable because it does no good to suggest things without an actual implimentable suggestion. How much time Anet has and which solution sounds preferable is up to Anet. Also Who says we have a choice between the two? Anet is the only one with a choice option to do or not do in this situation. 

So no you really are just grasping at straws to find some way to put my post into a negative context. Nothing more.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

44 minutes ago, Alaia Skyhawk.5064 said:

I've honestly always wondered at the "if you don't get 10AP the dailies give you nothing" interpretation of the dailies. I've been at the 15k cap for years, but I still do the dailies most days. It's an easy 2g, some writs of experience for my alts, and beyond that it sends me to areas I don't go as often. By going there I get to hang out with other players, do some events, maybe stop and have a chat and joke around while waiting for a world boss to spawn. Quite often when it's a daily JP, I'll hop on over with a mesmer and sit and portal people and chat for a bit. I've met a number of my ingame friends that way. The dailies can be more than just the 10AP if you consider them from another viewpoint. 🙂

Yea I hear ya I just dont value the 2 gold a day and the main reason I used to look at and do the daily was out of habbit. After the 10 AP evaporated I found it less and less compelling and no I just dont even look at the list other then to check if its MC day. What I miss is seeing some incrimental change in my "score" so to speak.

Im glad you still enjoy doing dailies and that you dont care about the cap. I have been at the cap a long time too, but my reaction and feelings about it are very different. I know others who miss seeing the change and also hav many friends who are happy to be done with dailies at the 15k cap.

We each have our own things we enjoy about playing and doing things like the daily. Personally, I miss seeing some sign of progression which is the point.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

46 minutes ago, Alaia Skyhawk.5064 said:

I've honestly always wondered at the "if you don't get 10AP the dailies give you nothing" interpretation of the dailies.

I'll try to explain it for you then, since it's honestly just another viewpoint.

AP are something that you can get from doing specific things in the game. Gold and social interaction are something that you can get almost everywhere in the game. This is why, when they awarded AP, I'd do dailies when the inspiration struck, and when they stopped awarding AP, I started going elsewhere for my gold and socialization in areas of the game I enjoy more.

It's entirely possible to do dailies and enjoy them even without any reward at all, and your stance is fine, it's just not the same as mine.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Nice try, but its how our talks about in game changes always go. That is, dev time and what anet would realistically do is always the main crix of any potencial change. Same goes for balance as a topic. We always say what we woulc like and then people try to suggest things that might actually be doable because it does no good to suggest things without an actual implimentable suggestion. How much time Anet has and which solution sounds preferable is up to Anet. Also Who says we have a choice between the two? Anet is the only one with a choice option to do or not do in this situation. 

So no you really are just grasping at straws to find some way to put my post into a negative context. Nothing more.

Yes, developing something takes dev time, but only when something actually needs to be developed. As I've already said here multiple times (including the post you've just quoted above), the achievement completion counter already exists in the game and so argument about "dev time needed to develop it" is a miss. It's already developed and ingame, just not enabled for this particular achievement.  The response you're recalling here applies to things that aren't in the game and need actual development time, which potentially competes with other stuff in need of development.

I really don't understand which part of this is unclear for you? Please make sure to read the whole post and point out exactly what I'm missing in what I've just wrote.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yes, developing something takes dev time, but only when something actually needs to be developed. As I've already said here multiple times (including the post you've just quoted above), the achievement completion counter already exists in the game and so argument about "dev time needed to develop it" is a miss. It's already developed and ingame, just not enabled for this particular achievement.  The response you're recalling here applies to things that aren't in the game and need actual development time, which potentially competes with other stuff in need of development.

I really don't understand which part of this is unclear for you? Please make sure to read the whole post and point out exactly what I'm missing in what I've just wrote.

Its up to Anet how much time if any they would devote to this topic. Its Anet's choice to decide what if anything would need to be coded and tested.

You are wrong to assume since the game as counters in achievements that it wouldnt take dev time to display a daily completion counter. The game has no counter at present that is visible or that pings after daily completion. In fact, even after you hit the 15k cap you STILL get the stupid message that you gained 10 AP even though you dont. I actually find it bothersome every time I see it because it reminds me that NO I dont get the 10 ap and no I cant see a counter of the total either.

Just spit balling I would guess its less than one line of code to remove the 15k cap. I would guess adding a counter would mean adding a box some place new in the Hero panel (maybe achievement tab) and create a counter loop in code that would populate a text field with a number. I have no idea how much dev time or how comlicated slipping in a new counter would be. I feel pretty confident that removing a cap would be a simple edit and require little to no testing. 

As I said before you seem to look to create argument and disagreement and I have no idea why, but it seems a common theme in your posts.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Confused 2

I think the advantage of a daily counter would be it avoids the cap or no cap for AP debate while still giving the player a way to see a measurable progressive change each time they bother to do the daily once the cap is reached. That is it seems to avoid controversy I just dont know how practical it is and the game needs so many other things Im not sure I want to suggest they divert dev. time to adding that. I would leave it up to Anet to decide what that entails.

• Confused 1

35 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Its up to Anet how much time if any they would devote to this topic. Its Anet's choice to decide what if anything would need to be coded and tested.

You are wrong to assume since the game as counters in achievements that it wouldnt take dev time to display a daily completion counter. The game has no counter at present that is visible or that pings after daily completion. In fact, even after you hit the 15k cap you STILL get the stupid message that you gained 10 AP even though you dont. I actually find it bothersome every time I see it because it reminds me that NO I dont get the 10 ap and no I cant see a counter of the total either.

lol, please read with understanding. Sure, while this particular "daily" achievements doesn't have it, other achievement -like AoE- DOES have it. It IS already a thing in the game. It already exists. It doesn't need to be developed from the ground up, it just needs to be enabled for another achievement. I don't know what you're even talking about right now, but you sure didn't respond to anything I wrote above. 🤷‍♂️ 

""Random"" reddit screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/ztsHxAJ.jpeg

The achievement counter is already a thing in this game. The argumentation you're trying to use here "because some people talk about dev time in other cases" is flawed and irrelevant in this case. Why? For the Xth time: since this is already a thing in this game.

35 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Just spit balling I would guess its less than one line of code to remove the 15k cap. I would guess adding a counter would mean adding a box some place new in the Hero panel (maybe achievement tab) and create a counter loop in code that would populate a text field with a number. I have no idea how much dev time or how comlicated slipping in a new counter would be. I feel pretty confident that removing a cap would be a simple edit and require little to no testing.

Then stop "assuming" and instead try understanding what you're quoting. Hopefully the image above will help breaking that weird comprehension barrier. What "extra box in hero panel" are you even talking about, noting like that is needed, as I keep repeating and you keep ignoring, we already have "the technology" available in the game 🤔 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Sobx.1758 said:

lol, please read with understanding. Sure, while this particular "daily" achievements doesn't have it, other achievements -like AoE- DOES have it. It IS already a thing in the game. It already exists. It doesn't need to be developed from the ground up, it just needs to be enabled for another achievement. I don't know what you're even talking about right now. 🤷‍♂️

that would be cool, but I think you may be over simplifying your concept of what would be technically required for us to gain an in game counter which shows the total dailies (not total AP from dailies). Currently, the only place I know of any daily related counter being visible is when you hover the cursor over your total AP number to see the box which shows how much AP was from daily and monthly. That value stops after you hit the 15k cap and is an Achivement point value. that would be easy to turn back on. However, you arent talking about that.

That is, you suggest they can just use some counter. What location would you place that counter? Im I missing a window in the hero panel in which we already have this? We have tables that populate a box for each sub task that resets daily, we have achievement point counters and places those are displayed. What area in the UI would you place this counter and how does that not take extra dev time??

Seriously, you seem to have half  a plan and are calling it a solution. I say you are in error.

• Confused 2

15 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

that would be cool, but I think you may be over simplifying your concept of what would be technically required for us to gain an in game counter which shows the total dailies (not total AP from dailies). Currently, the only place I know of any daily related counter being visible is when you hover the cursor over your total AP number to see the box which shows how much AP was from daily and monthly. That value stops after you hit the 15k cap and is an Achivement point value. that would be easy to turn back on. However, you arent talking about that.

That is, you suggest they can just use some counter. What location would you place that counter? Im I missing a window in the hero panel in which we already have this? We have tables that populate a box for each sub task that resets daily, we have achievement point counters and places those are displayed. What area in the UI would you place this counter and how does that not take extra dev time??

Re-read the post above, since I've added way more that might help you understand what you're trying to respond to, yet you seem to be consistently missing the point. Now with picture included, so you can stop pretending there's some significant "dev time" or even "new boxes in hero panel" needed here. 🤷‍♂️

"Where would it be placed"? And where is it placed for AoE? Well, then there, except it would be within the "Daily Completionist" window. It really isn't that complicated.

At least that answers the question "what exactly can't you understand about what I keep writing?" -apparently, you didn't understand the very core of the counter that already exists in the game for another achievement. So much for "having half a plan", when it's an actual full solution with clear ingame example presenting the exact thing I'm talking about here.

btw. just noticed that the screenshot I've linked is so old, that the counter has already been moved few lines higher, but the point and availability of that solution stays the same. Open your ingame achievement panel and search for "agent", click on the AoE achievement and you'll see the counter right above the "Objectives: xxx/200" line.

15 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Seriously, you seem to have half  a plan and are calling it a solution. I say you are in error.

You can try saying that, but the facts seem to be on my side.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Re-read the post above, since I've added way more that might help you understand what you're trying to respond to, yet you seem to be consistently missing the point. Now with picture included, so you can stop pretending there's some significant "dev time" or even "new boxes in hero panel" needed here. 🤷‍♂️

"Where would it be placed"? And where is it placed for AoE? Well, then there, except it would be within the "Daily Completionist" window. It really isn't that complicated.

At least that answers the question "what exactly can't you understand about what I keep writing?" -apparently, you didn't understand the very core of the counter that already exists in the game for another achievement. So much for "having half a plan", when it's an actual full solution with clear ingame example presenting the exact thing I'm talking about here.

btw. just noticed that the screenshot I've linked is so old, that the counter has already been moved few lines higher, but the point and availability of that solution stays the same. Open your ingame achievement panel and search for "agent", click on the AoE achievement and you'll see the counter right above the "Objectives: xxx/200" line.

LOL no actually that just helps make my point. You are ignoring the fact that no such daily counter exsists in game. That is AoE counter which has no cap and keeps counting how many times it was completed after the ap cap is reached. I see no such counter for dailies nor do I see a place to display such a counter. Therefore, as I keep saying I would think some dev would have to design and code one which as a non dev I can try to assume would be simple, but I would be talking out my kitten to assert I know how much work it would be. I have done enough programming to know that adding a simple counter to an exsisting UI isnt necessarily a simple task.

Specifically, you keep trying to imply I am trying to be deceptive and only want the AP cap removed. I keep factually saying that isnt the case and that Anet would have to decide what, if anything, was done; how to code it and how much work it would be. With that in mind, I keep repeating two possible solutions while saying, Im not going to assume one is easier, nor say which they should do.

So far, each time you respond telling me I only want one and the other is just as easy to have done. Well maybe it is and maybe it isnt. I would say Neither you nor I knows enough about the code to say that. Hence, I make no claim to know that and leave it open. You are the only one trying to assert you know things you cannot know and suggesting people do things based on your claims.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

What fact? You showed an image of a counter for Agent of Entropy. Show me a counter of daily completion within the interface post 15k ap cap and I will say you are correct. Otherwise, you are not presenting any actual fact with respect to your claims.

Or even a counter of how many dailies pre-cap that stops and could just incriment again. Cause its not in the UI and would have to get added which is exactly my point about dev time. TYVM!

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Confused 1

53 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

LOL no actually that just helps make my point. You are ignoring the fact that no such daily counter exsists in game.

I never said it's a "daily counter", it was always about just implementing already existing achievement counter into the daily one. How is this in any way "proving your point" when you were JUST contemplating hard "where that counter would even be shown" in your previous post (would it be a box? would it be in hero panel?! Nope, it would be exactly where the achievement completion counter is for the relevant achievement, this is really not a rocket science to enable/mirror something that's already available in the game)? 😆

46 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

What fact? You showed an image of a counter for Agent of Entropy. Show me a counter of daily completion within the interface post 15k ap cap and I will say you are correct.

...for real, can you understand what you read? Go re-read my previous posts since you're just pretending I wrote something I didn't.

53 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Therefore, as I keep saying I would think some dev would have to design and code one which as a non dev I can try to assume would be simple, but I would be talking out my kitten to assert I know how much work it would be. I have done enough programming to know that adding a simple counter to an exsisting UI isnt necessarily a simple task.

The code "counting up completed achievements despite them giving no more rewards" is already in the game and we know that, because we can see it. It doesn't take time to "develop that code", since that code already exists and all it needs is to be applied/enabled in another achievement. This is what I keep saying this whole time, but suddenly you're pretending I'm somehow saying that "the counter showing specifically dailies is already in the game"? Where?  Stop making up random stuff after you still didn't even understand "where that counter would be" 2 posts ago. 🤦‍♂️ 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

So far, each time you respond telling me I only want one and the other is just as easy to have done. Well maybe it is and maybe it isnt. I would say Neither you nor I knows enough about the code to say that. Hence, I make no claim to know that and leave it open. You are the only one trying to assert you know things you cannot know and suggesting people do things based on your claims.

...stop lying (or having extremely short memory?), you didn't "leave it open", you've specifically repeatedly said "but I dont see Anet adding a special counter " and "Adding some counter would be nice but its not happening". Just go back to the last 2-3 posts of the previous page or even beginning of this page, where this is exaclty where I asked you why you'd say that. "It won't happen" is hardly "leaving it open", lol. And neither is pretendign this would take significant dev time, while it wouldn't, since, as I've also repeatedly wrote "the technoilogy is already there" and we can clearly see it implemented in another achievement. 🤦‍♂️

And now you're pretending I wrote something I didn't. For real, if you struggle to remember what you're responding to, don't hesitate to re-read it. This way I'll be able to repeat myself less and maaaaybe this "discussion" will start moving somewhere.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

...stop lying (or having extremely short memory?), you didn't "leave it open", you've specifically repeatedly said "but I dont see Anet adding a special counter " and "Adding some counter would be nice but its not happening". Just go back to the last 2-3 posts of the previous page or even beginning of this page, where this is exaclty where I asked you why you'd say that. "It won't happen" is hardly "leaving it open", lol. And neither is pretendign this would take significant dev time, while it wouldn't, since, as I've also repeatedly wrote "the technoilogy is already there" and we can clearly see it implemented in another achievement. 🤦‍♂️

And now you're pretending I wrote something I didn't. For real, if you struggle to remember what you're responding to, don't hesitate to re-read it. This way I'll be able to repeat myself less and maaaaybe this "discussion" will start moving somewhere.

I was and am just being realistic. I dont realistically see either happening tho tbh. So I dont really understand you getting so into this specific point in the first place, nor why you continue on with it. I only respond because you directly address me.

• Confused 1

I was and am just being realistic. I dont realistically see either happening tho tbh. So I dont really understand you getting so into this specific point in the first place, nor why you continue on with it. I only respond because you directly address me.

But you just tried pretending you were leaving it open, but you clearly didn't. That's literally why I've asked what I asked at the start of this page. Now you drop "leaving it open" and go back to saying "this is realistic". Pick a lane, becausewhat you're doing right now is the equivalent of "yes, but no...  but actually yes!" depending what would support your previously taken stance.

"they wouldn't add it"

-why not? You surely have something you base it on and the code counting up completed achievements AFTER completing its rewards to is already in the game (AoE)

"well, I left it open and you didn't!"

-but you didn't leave it open, you said it's not happening?

..."ok, I was just being realistic"

I mean... at this point you're just denying your previous posts and then go back to them again for the sake of pretending you're not wrong here even if you understand you are, w/e 🤦‍♂️ 

You assume too much and make an error in doing so.

I assume what exactly?

Edited by Sobx.1758
leving -> leaving
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But you just tried pretending you were leving it open, but you clearly didn't. That's literally why I've asked what I asked at the start of this point. Now you drop "leaving it open" and go back to saying "this is realistic". Pick a lane, becausewhat you're doing right now is the equivalent of "yes, but no...  but actually yes!" depending what would support your previously taken stance.

"they wouldn't add it"

-why not? You surely have something you base it on and the code counting up completed achievements AFTER completing its rewards to is already in the game (AoE)

"well, I left it open and you didn't!"

-but you didn't leave it open, you said it's not happening?

..."ok, I was just being realistic"

I mean... at this point you're just denying your previous posts and then go back to them again for the sake of pretending you're not wrong here even if you understand you are, w/e 🤦‍♂️ 

I assume what exactly?

You assume that I want one but not the other. Those quotes dont change that fact.  The fact that I think dev time would be a real consideration and like with balance changes I consider what Anet might actually be willing or able to do to me is just a part of this topic. It doesnt change what I keep repeating. Which is either would give me what I feel Im missing since reaching the 15k cap. That is an in game indicator that gives me a value so I can see that doing another daily had some impact and I can count how many times I logged in and did a daily of the days I played. Its pretty kitten basic. Its simple as kitten to understand. You're assumption is wrong and your quotes only demonstrate how long you keep denying me the right to say what I want. That is you keep trying to assert what I want with no regard for what I keep saying. Hence, the nicest way I can put is is that you assume to much and are in error.

• Confused 1

As it stands dailies don't do that. They don't show me how many I have done or any sign of progress other than the chests and 2g each day and the daily task boxes filling each day, but nothing day-to-day that progresses. Some dont care. For me the lack of that indicator caused me to eventually stop bothering with dailies after I hit 15k. You are only at 24k AP so you may have a hard time understanding my point of view. That is, you I assume still get your daily 10 ap so your perspective may make it hard for you to see things from my side.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

You assume that I want one but not the other. Those quotes dont change that fact.  The fact that I think dev time would be a real consideration and like with balance changes I consider what Anet might actually be willing or able to do to me is just a part of this topic. It doesnt change what I keep repeating. Which is either would give me what I feel Im missing since reaching the 15k cap. That is an in game indicator that gives me a value so I can see that doing another daily had some impact and I can count how many times I logged in and did a daily of the days I played. Its pretty kitten basic. Its simple as kitten to understand. You're assumption is wrong and your quotes only demonstrate how long you keep denying me the right to say what I want. That is you keep trying to assert what I want with no regard for what I keep saying. Hence, the nicest way I can put is is that you assume to much and are in error.

So using already existing option in the game (and, again, we know it's an already existing option since we can see it on another achievement) is significant dev time, but unlocking the ap cap somehow isn't, because... um... because you leave it open and pretend we don't know anything, while at the same time you say one is easier than the other? Isn't this EXACTLY what you're doing for the past few posts. Really, it's like you're lost in your own past words and don't know which way to go anymore.

5 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

As it stands dailies don't do that

Nobody ever said they do, I don't know what you're even responding to right now. As I said above: if you don't remember what you were responding to, then don't hesitate to re-read the past posts.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 2