End of Dragons Delayed [Prediction]

I'm going to be blunt. There is no way this expansion is going to well anywhere near as well as the last two expansions have. The elite specs are underwhelming, apart from maybe one or two; the rest are probably D tier at best. The rest of the content being released is pretty uninspiring. Fishing... scenic mounts... rentable mounts. This doesn't seem worthy of an expansion, and I think people are catching onto this. It's best Anet delays this expansion by at least another 6 months, and put some real content in there.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 15

39 minutes ago, jul.7602 said:

There is no way this expansion is going to well anywhere near as well as the last two expansions have. The elite specs are underwhelming, apart from maybe one or two; the rest are probably D tier at best. The rest of the content being released is pretty uninspiring.

How exactly do you know this without having played the maps? Sure, featurewise it is not as large-scale groundbreaking as HoT and PoF, but there's already a lack of meaningful groundbreaking features to add tbh and any they do add would be just as controversial as fishing and skiffs and be focused on more niche purposes (i.e. player housing, new races, etc.). I could definitely see the new multiplayer mount implementation being used for a lot of content in the future, as it has already been for the tea set chair.

I feel like the focus and metric of success going forward for PvE will be really well done maps that are worth going back to in the long term (See HoT maps), while still having the vast environments of PoF to account for mounts. So far the EoD maps do seem to be focusing on this imo, as far as the previews go, but we'll see what kinds of content/events/metas they have on launch.

39 minutes ago, jul.7602 said:

It's best Anet delays this expansion by at least another 6 months, and put some real content in there.

That seems really unrealistic and a waste of resources/time. What groundbreaking feature could any mmo implement in 6 months of development time while adjusting the already pretty much developed expac?

Edited by Poormany.4507
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Did you play the full DLC ? It seems that people are making quick judgement based on the few thing the dev decided to give us. You say "real content" but what is real content ? 

While I dont mind the expansion being delayed, saying it needs another 6 month for "real content" when no one even know the full content EoD will bring, that's quite a bold statement. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, jul.7602 said:

I'm going to be blunt. There is no way this expansion is going to well anywhere near as well as the last two expansions have. The elite specs are underwhelming, apart from maybe one or two; the rest are probably D tier at best. The rest of the content being released is pretty uninspiring. Fishing... scenic mounts... rentable mounts. This doesn't seem worthy of an expansion, and I think people are catching onto this. It's best Anet delays this expansion by at least another 6 months, and put some real content in there.

The rest of the content……?  What??

Just completely writing off the story content, new zones, events/metas, gear/skins, etc. are you just taking for granted the actual core of what an expansion offers?

Like, if the expansion was just turtles and fishing, then sure, that might be a hard sell. But it isn’t, that is just part of ‘extras’ that go along with, the actual content. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

22 minutes ago, jul.7602 said:

If we don't hear anything about a release date next week. It's been delayed. That's a good thing guys. 

Even if it was, how does the guarantee they would add anything you personally consider "real content"? And you still haven't said what  constitutes "real content".

• Like 3

I can agree that the approach they've taken with the leadup to EoD doesn't inspire confidence in me and makes it seem like a delay could be expected, but they've said February so many times (and so recently) that even for them it'd be a really weird move to suddenly say 'haha.. ACTUALLY...' and then bump it to later in the year. They've disappointed me a few times over the years with questionable narrative/creative choices and even false advertising in the gem shop, but apparently I still have a shred of trust left that at minimum they'll be putting EoD out in the month they claim they will. Whether what they release will be polished or not is a separate matter.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer they delay it if the expansion needs it, I just don't think they'd repeatedly boldface lie about their release window, even without an exact date.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

18 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

It seems that people are making quick judgement based on the few thing the dev decided to give us.

It might be that people judge by the fact that in every live stream, including the one before the winter holidays, it was repeatedly stated that everything we were seeing was still "work in progress".

Hearing that about an expansion that is due to release only two months later could lead to conclusions such as, "They have not fully finished any of the maps yet, so there is no way that there be more to the expansion beyond what we already saw", or "This product will never be able to compete with previous expansions", and so on.

(I am not saying that this was my stance, I am merely speculating on possible motives for such comments.)

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

In a more serious response, any delay would mean polishing, not more content. You don’t just take six months and suddenly add a whole load of content. It needs planning, resource management and rescheduling of the next content and then you risk crunch times.

I have no objections to delays because I have a busy couple of months coming up, but let’s be realistic, if it’s being delayed, we’d prob know by now and the lifted embargo on magazine previews aren’t sharing your sentiments

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It might be that people judge by the fact that in every live stream, including the one before the winter holidays, it was repeatedly stated that everything we were seeing was still "work in progress".

Let's imagine 2 scenario :

-First one, Anet doesnt show anything saying " ___is still work in progress we'll let you know once ___ is finished". So they keep working on their stuff but no leaks, no information, nothing. People will get mad at Anet saying they're not working or not let us player know that something is being done. 

-The second one, Anet show us some of the final product. The entire expansion may not be finished but they are showing us something that actually is. So players take a look and they're like "that sucks, I dont like that change ___". But that complain is useless, this is the final product the dev will not just go back and changes it because : 1) the people who like the final product will complain that "they're being scammed" 2) it would mean the product is not finished and I can already see some people saying Anet lied to them.

Putting "WIP" means what it means. The final product may change, for the better or worse. Just look at the elite spec. 

1 hour ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Hearing that about an expansion that is due to release only two months later could lead to conclusions such as, "They have not fully finished any of the maps yet, so there is no way that there be more to the expansion beyond what we already saw", or "This product will never be able to compete with previous expansions", and so on.

Well maybe it is true, maybe some maps are not finished, however we barely had a look at 1-2 part of 1 map. We havent seen the entire expansion. We dont know the content of the 3 remaining maps (I think there's 4 new maps), we dont know any new map mecanic they will or may introduce, we dont know the map currency (if there's any), the new ressources, the new mobs, pretty much nothing.  Yes everything they are showing are not finished, but without repeating myself on what I said above, IF everything that has been shown is finished, and they release more info saying " __ is also finished, ___ is also finished....." then you will have that player asking "if everything is finished, why are you not releasing the expansion already ?".

Long story short, you cannot make everyone happy, there will always be that one guy who will complain about something. If you're not interested in the expansion it is fine, but complaining it will not bring enough when no one even tried the full expansion is bit exagerated. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/23/2022 at 2:20 PM, jul.7602 said:

I see a lot of fanboys can't take to see a realistic post. If we don't hear anything about a release date next week. It's been delayed. That's a good thing guys. 

You were just a day off. Now we have the announcement that they'll let us know launch day next Tuesday.

And given the livestream schedule, it's most likely going to be (spoiler!?) February 25th.

• Like 4

On 1/23/2022 at 2:20 PM, jul.7602 said:

I see a lot of fanboys can't take to see a realistic post. If we don't hear anything about a release date next week. It's been delayed. That's a good thing guys. 

I think you're just upset that the majority of response to this post doesn't support it being realistic. "Fanboys" as you put it, have nothing to do with the reaction you are getting. I see a naysayer can't take realistc responses. <----That is what you did instead of improving your argument. The launch date being delayed is a prediction none of us have enough information to back up or debunk.

• Thanks 5

On 1/22/2022 at 6:55 PM, jul.7602 said:

So sick of hearing all this blah blah elite specs blah blah underwelming. Blah blah. You know what? Elite specs are not meant to one up the last elite specs. They are different ways to play existing professions, but are not meant to be OP over previous. They each will get their own niche, etc. people need to play them live and in time they will be tweaked to become better (or more balanced). I don’t have an opinion whether they are good or not because I just tasted several of them, for what 20-30 min at most, and then I had to get back to realtime gameplay.  Not enough time to evaulate and become an expert on it. What is it you all were expecting? 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I and others at least did voice our expectations: cool Asian themed Elite Specs, not this faceless garbage.

And your expectations are the only ones that matter? Thankfully not. 
I wouldn’t want Asian themed Elite Specs. There are plenty of Asian games you can play if you want to play a Samurai or Ninja. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

8 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

And your expectations are the only ones that matter? Thankfully not.

I never said that. I merely reacted to the accusation that supposedly everyone was complaining without stating their reasons, which is simply inaccurate. Many people spent a lot of time over the past months to explain their reasons in length (and not just in regard of the Elite Specs).

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Confused 5