Is soulbeast gonna get the nerf?

captrowdy.9561

7 minutes ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Lmao 1 skill…. It’s 3-4 skills to do that, sic em, QZ, owp and rapidfire. If you die to that then you failed to dodge the 1 skill loaded with half the utility bar the soulbeast had, if you dodged, that soulbeast had blown his kit for nothing. So yeah, l2dodge.

Stuff's been nerfed for less - looking at deadeye, among others. I love soulbeast, but I'll go ahead and say it's a dumb thing and a dumb build to enable. Also,

if you dodged, that soulbeast had blown his kit for nothing.

This is bull, and you and me both know it.

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054

12 minutes ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

Lmao 1 skill…. It’s 3-4 skills to do that, sic em, QZ, owp and rapidfire. If you die to that then you failed to dodge the 1 skill loaded with half the utility bar the soulbeast had, if you dodged, that soulbeast had blown his kit for nothing. So yeah, l2dodge.

And Deadeye needs to blow Assassin's Signet, all his initiative, and land a stealth attack at full malice to deal that sort of damage.
What's your point?

10 hours ago, Player.2475 said:

I hope they get a nerf.
Being able to kill someone with 20k hp with 1 skill from "1500" (actually more like 1800+) range with shots that track even stealthing and rolling targets, or instantly down someone with the GS's 2 if they get too close, on top of having access to enough stealth, blocks, engage, disengage, cc and stability that would make even a thief struggle to get away or chase after a SB that wasn't just pressing random buttons?
I'm sure you can see why so many people in WvW are running Soulbeast... Though, I guess the same can be said for the Dragonhunter.

The average skill level of wvw players is incredibly low, nothing short of deleting a class would help them, the same people who constantly die to a sb sic em in a straight 1vs1...can at 100% be killed by a naked staff ele. A nerf to sb wouldn't stop you from respawn every 10s.....the build is a noob filter

Edited by Arheundel.6451

11 hours ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

Stuff's been nerfed for less - looking at deadeye, among others. I love soulbeast, but I'll go ahead and say it's a dumb thing and a dumb build to enable. Also,

This is bull, and you and me both know it.

The fact is that if a pew pew “1 shot soulbeast” fails at what it is built for then it’s not in a good position to continue the fight.  You can risk a melee encounter, but it’s not suitable, especially with 3+ skills on cooldown so attempting a retreat is better imo. If I want to fight in melee, I build for it.

11 hours ago, Player.2475 said:

And Deadeye needs to blow Assassin's Signet, all his initiative, and land a stealth attack at full malice to deal that sort of damage.
What's your point?

My point is, You are allowing rf to track you in stealth thinking you are safe, instead you should be dodging and avoiding quite a lot of damage. Pew pew soulbeast is only good at killing bad players or players not paying attention to what’s going on, which are you?

55 minutes ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

My point is, You are allowing rf to track you in stealth thinking you are safe, instead you should be dodging and avoiding quite a lot of damage. Pew pew soulbeast is only good at killing bad players or players not paying attention to what’s going on, which are you?

This is about balancing a class and what it has to offer, not how you could avoid getting killed by someone if you had access to infinite dodges, damage mitigation, knockdowns, stealth detection and stability.
Soulbeast mains can cope. Most of you aren't good. You're just getting carried by your overpowered class. And if it wasn't powerful, it clearly wouldn't get played by as many people as it does, or do you think that that many people intentionally choose really terrible, underpowered builds?

Edited by Player.2475
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

This is such a great argument, which is exactly why stealth one-shot mesmer didn't get nerfed either, right? Right?

It's why thief was allowed to retain their massive +1 damage, right? Right?

Edited by NorthernRedStar.3054
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Player.2475 said:

This is about balancing a class and what it has to offer, not how you could avoid getting killed by someone if you had access to infinite dodges, damage mitigation, knockdowns, stealth detection and stability.
Soulbeast mains can cope. Most of you aren't good. You're just getting carried by your overpowered class. And if it wasn't powerful, it clearly wouldn't get played by as many people as it does, or do you think that that many people intentionally choose really terrible, underpowered builds?

Overpowered class? And this is why anet shouldn’t be balance for bad players.

The only reason pew pew soulbeast gets played is because it has a low skill floor and can deal significant damage from range when the target fails to do anything at all. Yes, I can 100-0 someone off a warclaw without them ever seeing me, but that’s shame on them for being on a warclaw lol yes, I can 100-0 someone with a single loaded sic em, owp, qz, rf, but only if they failed to reflect, block, dodge, go invulnerable, stealth before I can sic em them or hide behind that tiny piece of grass that blocks my arrows. Failing doing any of that, means you aren’t that good of a player and pew pew soulbeast will wreak you no matter what along with just about any ranger build. 

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

This is such a great argument, which is exactly why stealth one-shot mesmer didn't get nerfed either, right? Right?

It's why thief was allowed to retain their massive +1 damage, right? Right?

If you enter a pvp area and get rolled while not doing anything to avoid/counter it, then that’s on the player for being bad, it doesn’t matter what the classes involve are. 

And the different between soulbeast and Mesmer 1 shot is soulbeast is visible when it does it so it’s much more easily counterable, Mesmer on the other hand is a bit trickier as it starts from stealth similar to how stealthing mauling worldly impact soulbeast had its short lived career. Lol

Edited by Abyssisis.3971

19 hours ago, Player.2475 said:

moar whiners with the bs about "i got pewpewd in WvW, nerf all ragers." 

Look you don't need even to dodge, just put on some toughness and problem solved. Some passive protection proc like Durability plus some toughness and that pewpew will not reach even half of your healthbar even by blowing it's full skillbar.  Ranger has too many weaknesses  lack of boon rip is one of them. 

It is your fault for going around with a full glass thief. Just L2P and that includes to be able to pick the right stats for the role you want to play.  It is already expected all the PoF classes to get the hammer at some point to make spot for EoD ones, some more than others like Firebrand or Necro. 

I personally don't think ranger in any of it's elites needs any nerfs, reworks yes to change current effects for something different at the same performance but more fun to play against. Personally i don't think Anet will do any significant nerf because the class is in it's last legs at the moment. With that I mean there is only 2 real build choices for PvP/WvW. If Anet nerfs any of the core utilities used to sustain those without giving any other options the class will be deleted from those game modes. 

Although that may be your objective by constantly whining here I personally don't think it is realistic or aligned with what  Anet would want for a portion of their playerbase to think about them.

In fact Shortbow used to and should have longer range than other classes with 1200 which I hope the class get back at some point together with the mobile spirits and proper pet leash . So just learn to deal with it. Range and companions are part of the class. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, anduriell.6280 said:

moar whiners with the bs about "i got pewpewd in WvW, nerf all ragers." 

Look you don't need even to dodge, just put on some toughness and problem solved. Some passive protection proc like Durability plus some toughness and that pewpew will not reach even half of your healthbar even by blowing it's full skillbar.  Ranger has too many weaknesses  lack of boon rip is one of them. 

It is your fault for going around with a full glass thief. Just L2P and that includes to be able to pick the right stats for the role you want to play.  It is already expected all the PoF classes to get the hammer at some point to make spot for EoD ones, some more than others like Firebrand or Necro. 

I personally don't think ranger in any of it's elites needs any nerfs, reworks yes to change current effects for something different at the same performance but more fun to play against. Personally i don't think Anet will do any significant nerf because the class is in it's last legs at the moment. With that I mean there is only 2 real build choices for PvP/WvW. If Anet nerfs any of the core utilities used to sustain those without giving any other options the class will be deleted from those game modes. 

Although that may be your objective by constantly whining here I personally don't think it is realistic or aligned with what  Anet would want for a portion of their playerbase to think about them.

In fact Shortbow used to and should have longer range than other classes with 1200 which I hope the class get back at some point together with the mobile spirits and proper pet leash . So just learn to deal with it. Range and companions are part of the class. 

Other classes have been nerfed for far less, like mesmers and thieves.
All your defensive coping about "My overpowered class isn't strong, you're just bad" doesn't even apply here, because I kill far more soulbeasts than I die to, mainly because they don't expect you to actually attack them but because they rely on you running away and getting sniped by their broken longbow range.
Why did permastealthing thieves get nerfed? You could just throw a Target Painter on them and prevent them from stealthing! Skill issue, not a game balance issue! 
That's exactly what SB mains sound like here.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 2/6/2022 at 1:33 PM, Player.2475 said:

Please ....jump on this "OP" sb build....I will fight you on core war...no core ele, d/d , no celestial or healing bunker...full power d/d core ele...no reflect.

Let me show you...how to properly use a mirror, so that next time you think twice before calling anybody  bad.

And of course, it goes without saying: you will play the same one shot build..you claim can duel people with ease...no ranged sb...you will play a full zerk one shot build exactly like the same one, players like you get killed on a daily basis.

• Like 1

Sigh... Rapid fire isn't hard to dodge. And no I'm not a ranger main it's just not hard to dodge. 

I've never understood why people are so fast to band wagon nerf SB "proffessions have been nerfed for less". BS. Where's the firebrand and scourge nerfs? They've run rampant and extremely broken for years now. What about nade scrappers?

Have you considered. WvWvW and SPVP are linked? So any nerfs to your PvP builds carry over to WvWvW Also.

It's pretty obvious why the damage  of stealth thief wouldn't remain extremely high. As In a Spvp enviroment thief is already ridiculously overpowered in the role it plays meta wise if you gave it all the damage it'd be ridiculous. 

Even if there is a problem They are not gonna litterally sink rangers completely on a Spvp enviroment for the sake of aiding 1v1 balancing in a game mode based on large scale fights which rangers suck in. 

Thief is nerfed because its OP in spvp and tbh the nerfs didn't stop it being good at what it was good at in WvWvW. 

Mesmers were nerfed because of spvp. It's quite quick to see by the petitions and more that we know why it was nerfed. Because season 9 mirage was insanely good 

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Sigh... Rapid fire isn't hard to dodge. And no I'm not a ranger main it's just not hard to dodge. 

All these silly arguments keep repeating "Rapid Fire... Rapid Fire..." like a broken record. It's rather obvious you hardly play soulbeast if you think this is all there is to the spec.

I.e. deadeye is balanced by the fact that if you get on their skin, they're kittened. They have little realistic options left, largely thanks to the massive initiative nerfs to half the rifle skills. Now, ranger? Blocks, stealth, seconds of evade frames, quickness and superb mobility. Not to mention they have plenty more CC than most ranged DPS classes - or hybrid ones, for that matter.

13 minutes ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

All these silly arguments keep repeating "Rapid Fire... Rapid Fire..." like a broken record. It's rather obvious you hardly play soulbeast if you think this is all there is to the spec.

I.e. deadeye is balanced by the fact that if you get on their skin, they're kittened. They have little realistic options left, largely thanks to the massive initiative nerfs to half the rifle skills. Now, ranger? Blocks, stealth, seconds of evade frames, quickness and superb mobility. Not to mention they have plenty more CC than most ranged DPS classes - or hybrid ones, for that matter.

my response was at the people screeching at Rapid fire.

however u seem to have missed the second point i made

WvWvW and SPVP are Linked Balance wise, Ranger is already mediocre at best in a SPVP Enviroment. and u want to Introduce Nerfs to Ranger thats going to Smash it into the floor in SPVP Further at the sake of 1v1 Elements in WvWvW.. Something that 1) The games not balanced around and 2) has Nothing to do with the intended design of the Mode which is large scale PvP.

while u compare it to other proffessions such as Mirage.. which was Nerfed in SPVP Due to Season 9s Mirage Surge because it was overpowered as All hell in both modes.

Rangers should not be nerfed because of 1v1ing In WvWvW. this games not balanced based on 1v1 Enviroments at all because none of its content is built upon 1v1ing.

Edited by Daddy.8125

Just now, Daddy.8125 said:

and u want to Introduce Nerfs to Ranger thats going to Smash it into the floor in SPVP Further at the sake of 1v1 Elements

A strawman. 

I never said I wanted to *smash it into the ground*.

2 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Ranger is already mediocre at best in a SPVP Enviroment

Hardly the only class - or spec - to do so.

3 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

1) The games not balanced around and 2) has Nothing to do with the intended design of the Mode which is large scale PvP.

By similar logic you don't fix bugs or glitches that affect the way you play.

• Confused 1

16 minutes ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

A strawman. 

I never said I wanted to *smash it into the ground*.

it is Not a Strawman.

If u consider Ranger Overpowered in WvWvW. and its weak in SPVP as of current. It means Nerfing it in WvWvW will make it weaker in SPVP. u cannot Nerf Ranger in WvWvW without punching it in the face in SPVP. aknowledging that means u have to be Ok with that side effect for the Change to happen.

Hardly the only class - or spec - to do so.

No it isnt. however its to be aknowledged.

By similar logic you don't fix bugs or glitches that affect the way you play.

Untrue

you asking for WvWvW to have 1v1 balancing, would be the same as me Asking for Killing players to be balanced with Capping Points because i wanna engage with SPVP Alike a Death Match.

Leaving bugs and glitchs in the game based on a Single players way of play would leave it in the game for multiple modes and Interactions that the game was designed to played in, if they left a Glitch in SPVP which got you stuck in walls Randomly (Which it does have) Regardless if u SPVP its interfering with games being played in the designed fashion. so no. that logic has nothing to do with hwat i stated.

try more realistic comparisons.

We're talking engaging with content in a way the games not designed for... comparing it to bugs and glitchs is apples and oranges realistically.. while my example is the EXACT same, Im asking to engage in content in a way it wasnt designed for alike.

and Just like Conquest will never be balanced to allow a Deathmatch meta. WvWvws never gonna be balanced based on a 1v1. every game makes this choice just like WoWs balanced based on 3v3 Arena even tho it has Battlegrounds, 2v2s and 5v5s.

Edited by Daddy.8125
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

And deadeyes don’t have access to those same things you listed? Blocks, check, evades, check, quickness check, superb mobility check,  plenty of CC check, stealth check check check 🙄

• Like 2

1 minute ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

What am I even reading.

“I.e. deadeye is balanced by the fact that if you get on their skin, they're kittened. They have little realistic options left, largely thanks to the massive initiative nerfs to half the rifle skills. Now, ranger? Blocks, stealth, seconds of evade frames, quickness and superb mobility. Not to mention they have plenty more CC than most ranged DPS classes - or hybrid ones, for that matter.”

I was replying to the bs you posted earlier. Deadeyes have access to those same benefits without touching ever needing to use rifle.

I suspect you are here wanting soulbeasts nerfed as they can essentially shut you down from range if you aren’t paying attention to being revealed, yet when left to your own devices.. you are playing a 1 shot stealth build trolling other classes without them ever being able to fight back due to your stealth abuse? 11k hp glass target complaining about dying…. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Abyssisis.3971 said:

“I.e. deadeye is balanced by the fact that if you get on their skin, they're kittened. They have little realistic options left, largely thanks to the massive initiative nerfs to half the rifle skills. Now, ranger? Blocks, stealth, seconds of evade frames, quickness and superb mobility. Not to mention they have plenty more CC than most ranged DPS classes - or hybrid ones, for that matter.”

I was replying to the bs you posted earlier. Deadeyes have access to those same benefits without touching ever needing to use rifle.

I suspect you are here wanting soulbeasts nerfed as they can essentially shut you down from range if you aren’t paying attention to being revealed, yet when left to your own devices.. you are playing a 1 shot stealth build trolling other classes without them ever being able to fight back due to your stealth abuse? 11k hp glass target complaining about dying…. 

People upvoting blatant lies, kekw.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2

10 hours ago, NorthernRedStar.3054 said:

People upvoting blatant lies, kekw.

And here we have another Thief asking for bs nerfs for ranger. You getting facerolled by pewpews is a L2P issue and seems to be a you problem. Just use  durability runes and some toughness Jissus,  and the pewpew won't even scratch your HP bar even while blowing the full skill bar. 

What you are asking which it is "no damage on pewpew on the pewpew class" is not feasible, ranger is not a melee class. 

Just learn to deal with it and get better. Ranger core mechanics is ranged projectile weapons and the companion. It has acquired quite a lot of weaknesses over the years due to constant nerfing because of the non-stop whining in the forums and reddit, so much in fact that at this point the whining is sometimes comical.  

Soulbeast does not need nerfs or buffs on single target damage in PvP or WvW. Ranger in general needs buffs on better cleave, utility skills and traits which is what mains have been asking for. 

• Thanks 2