Jump to content
  • Sign Up

why are the highest mmr players playing together and not agaisnt each other


Recommended Posts

Can't blame them. 

 

Being a Top GW2 PvP player is like being the world's tallest midget. 

 

You might be considered tall in GW2's community because you're top 10 but you're an absolute speck of dust in the greater scheme of MMOs which results in people just not caring and wanting to milk as many rewards as they can while they can.

 

 

  • Like 6
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Because it's a regime of players and their cliques who have a secret handshake to queue dodge each other always and never go against each other. I'm sure they also know all about each other's alts & bots that they use and obviously assist each other in win trading as well as riding threatening players down the leaderboards throwing on those alts & bots, whom they do not want climbing rating.

These players do this to secure their positions as the only relevant streamers in GW2 pvp. They don't want anyone else creating streaming competition. They also sell the rankings titles gizmos for money to players who are willing to pay for it. Plenty of evidence has been recently exposed about this. This is no conspiracy, this is a fact. IE: I was always a plat 2 player until I became a twitch affiliate and began streaming GW2 more often. Mysteriously within a 24 hour time frame of becoming an affiliate and redoing my stream settings to make sure it all looked better, I became a player who now plays between about 1390 and 1450 only. Me and my MAT team can take 4th, 5th and 6th in the MAT when we chose to participate, but somehow myself and the 4 other people who I do this with, are now always stuck in ranked down near gold 2. Because it makes sense that a gold 2 - gold 3 team would take 4th in an MAT and only ever lose to the top 3 teams who are the kinds of guys who will turn on a plethora of hacks to make sure they win. And then hilariously enough many of the players who are ranked as plat 2+ who form teams, our gold 2 - gold 3 team will easily beat and it happens every MAT, because that make sense right. Literally everything that you could possible mention and discuss about the GW2 Ranked Mode, is wrong and entirely corrupt.

What I can't figure out though, which I see happen often, is how they manage to stack 4 or 5 p3+ on the same team vs. teams of gold 3 / bottom plat 1s. Whatever is going on there is not typical synching for a win trade. At this point I've seen it happen too often for it to just be "luck". That isn't even how the algorithm is supposed to work. Whatever is going on nowadays, it's gone 3 or 4 steps past typical win trading & throwing. Somehow they've devised a much stronger method of controlling the leaderboards, allowing or exempting certain players from the top 100.

I cover this stuff, the patterns I see on my stream pretty regularly. Click the link in my signature.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gobcrack.9320 said:

You might be considered tall in GW2's community because you're top 10 but you're an absolute speck of dust in the greater scheme of MMOs which results in people just not caring and wanting to milk as many rewards as they can while they can.

Bruh. I don't think there is any MMO out there that comes even close to GW2 combat system.

The explanation is more easy than that: they are greedy.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Bruh. I don't think there is any MMO out there that comes even close to GW2 combat system.

 

Not sure how you're gonna 🧢 like that so blatantly

 

A mid-tier low end WoW streamer gets more viewers than the entire GW2 game put together, there's zero tournaments, no ANet support, the people playing it don't even support it and would rather abuse it.

 

Who cares if a game combat is smooth when the player base is dead? 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Gobcrack.9320 said:

 

Not sure how you're gonna 🧢 like that so blatantly

 

A mid-tier low end WoW streamer gets more viewers than the entire GW2 game put together, there's zero tournaments, no ANet support, the people playing it don't even support it and would rather abuse it.

 

Who cares if a game combat is smooth when the player base is dead? 

Pretty sure you are both right, the combat system is significantly better than almost every mmo, and no one pays attention to gw2 competitive modes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Gobcrack.9320 said:

 

Not sure how you're gonna 🧢 like that so blatantly

 

A mid-tier low end WoW streamer gets more viewers than the entire GW2 game put together, there's zero tournaments, no ANet support, the people playing it don't even support it and would rather abuse it.

 

Who cares if a game combat is smooth when the player base is dead? 

Maybe support from anet would help, idk

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Bruh. I don't think there is any MMO out there that comes even close to GW2 combat system.

Yet the combat system is meaningless, if even the smallest hints of balance are missing and sPvP is bleeding players faster than Blizzard is losing the faith of their customers.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Would you choose to party up with another player who you know for a fact is significantly worse than you are, and will potentially result in you losing games you know you should be winning?

No?

Well, there's the answer.

The exact same reason why a gold-3 doesn't want to queue with a silver-3. It's not some organised conspiracy, it's just the exact same social factors that affect every tier of players.

Edited by Ragnar.4257
  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

These players do this to secure their positions as the only relevant streamers in GW2 pvp. They don't want anyone else creating streaming competition.

Those shady top gw2 streamers are raking in the cash at the expense of the community. They are making literal dollars off of this grand scheme!

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ragnar.4257 said:

Would you choose to party up with another player who you know for a fact is significantly worse than you are, and will potentially result in you losing games you know you should be winning?

No?

Well, there's the answer.

The exact same reason why a gold-3 doesn't want to queue with a silver-3. It's not some organised conspiracy, it's just the exact same social factors that affect every tier of players.

not the point, the point is how abusive duo q is right now, while there's no harm 2 gold players q up together as you go up the ladder this becomes very abusable.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

The mmr does not consider the average or only the top player's rating in a duo. It builds matches with teams of 5, and balances games by EACH mmr rating. The team is the average that will be a match. The only time rating matters is when points are awarded, where the player's MMR is considered against the opposing team.

 

There are a few on these forums that say otherwise, but this is another reason why you see more of them doing this. Basically duo q probably needs to go away again after 1600, so the majority can still queue with a friend. Also top players should have longer wait times, and not have the game punish the lower rated players who are trying to learn or simply earn their gear.

 

I'd wager the quality of the game would go up if they removed duo and forced players to play within 150 of their own rating max. Game quality would go up, even if at the cost of increasing total wait times. Why have a fast queue just to get btfo'd 500-12? I'd rather wait, and outside of the ones who want to keep this degenerate advantage, I think I'm not alone.

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, lightstalker.1498 said:

The mmr does not consider the average or only the top player's rating in a duo. It builds matches with teams of 5, and balances games by EACH mmr rating. The team is the average that will be a match. The only time rating matters is when points are awarded, where the player's MMR is considered against the opposing team.

 

There are a few on these forums that say otherwise, but this is another reason why you see more of them doing this. Basically duo q probably needs to go away again after 1600, so the majority can still queue with a friend. Also top players should have longer wait times, and not have the game punish the lower rated players who are trying to learn or simply earn their gear.

 

I'd wager the quality of the game would go up if they removed duo and forced players to play within 150 of their own rating max. Game quality would go up, even if at the cost of increasing total wait times. Why have a fast queue just to get btfo'd 500-12? I'd rather wait, and outside of the ones who want to keep this degenerate advantage, I think I'm not alone.

This

 

I just had a game with arken and his duo, i know Arken sits 1600+ usually, the other team had a berserker that at best was gold 1, -1250 surely, judjing by the skill level

 

i could have played a build for the first time and we would still win that game

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/24/2022 at 2:51 PM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Because it's a regime of players and their cliques who have a secret handshake to queue dodge each other always and never go against each other. I'm sure they also know all about each other's alts & bots that they use and obviously assist each other in win trading as well as riding threatening players down the leaderboards throwing on those alts & bots, whom they do not want climbing rating.

These players do this to secure their positions as the only relevant streamers in GW2 pvp. They don't want anyone else creating streaming competition. They also sell the rankings titles gizmos for money to players who are willing to pay for it. Plenty of evidence has been recently exposed about this. This is no conspiracy, this is a fact. IE: I was always a plat 2 player until I became a twitch affiliate and began streaming GW2 more often. Mysteriously within a 24 hour time frame of becoming an affiliate and redoing my stream settings to make sure it all looked better, I became a player who now plays between about 1390 and 1450 only. Me and my MAT team can take 4th, 5th and 6th in the MAT when we chose to participate, but somehow myself and the 4 other people who I do this with, are now always stuck in ranked down near gold 2. Because it makes sense that a gold 2 - gold 3 team would take 4th in an MAT and only ever lose to the top 3 teams who are the kinds of guys who will turn on a plethora of hacks to make sure they win. And then hilariously enough many of the players who are ranked as plat 2+ who form teams, our gold 2 - gold 3 team will easily beat and it happens every MAT, because that make sense right. Literally everything that you could possible mention and discuss about the GW2 Ranked Mode, is wrong and entirely corrupt.

What I can't figure out though, which I see happen often, is how they manage to stack 4 or 5 p3+ on the same team vs. teams of gold 3 / bottom plat 1s. Whatever is going on there is not typical synching for a win trade. At this point I've seen it happen too often for it to just be "luck". That isn't even how the algorithm is supposed to work. Whatever is going on nowadays, it's gone 3 or 4 steps past typical win trading & throwing. Somehow they've devised a much stronger method of controlling the leaderboards, allowing or exempting certain players from the top 100.

I cover this stuff, the patterns I see on my stream pretty regularly. Click the link in my signature.

We agree on certain matters like duo q abuses and stuff, but this whole stream thing seems to be off, that Bowborne dude is doing well on his stream, he doesn't seem to hang out with any top players/streamers.

 

Againt i totally agree on leaderboards things, sometimes i stumble on guys with baron of arena title and even the title above from top 50 or 25, after killing them with certain ease i ask myself how they got those titles.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, lightstalker.1498 said:

The mmr does not consider the average or only the top player's rating in a duo. It builds matches with teams of 5, and balances games by EACH mmr rating. The team is the average that will be a match. The only time rating matters is when points are awarded, where the player's MMR is considered against the opposing team.

 

There are a few on these forums that say otherwise, but this is another reason why you see more of them doing this. Basically duo q probably needs to go away again after 1600, so the majority can still queue with a friend. Also top players should have longer wait times, and not have the game punish the lower rated players who are trying to learn or simply earn their gear.

 

I'd wager the quality of the game would go up if they removed duo and forced players to play within 150 of their own rating max. Game quality would go up, even if at the cost of increasing total wait times. Why have a fast queue just to get btfo'd 500-12? I'd rather wait, and outside of the ones who want to keep this degenerate advantage, I think I'm not alone.

I've discussed this many times in other threads but its in a much worse state than players think. Lately I've taken a habit of asking players their division at the start of games. I'm usually around Gold 3, and the people answering have said everything from Bronze to Platinum, all in the same games.

 

Sure, they could be lying or smurfs, but it happens way too often and I never see most of them again, because I'm pretty sure that is their real rank and getting destroyed constantly breaks their will to continue to play ranked.

 

The player base has become too small and the devs kept having to make it more and more flexbile to lower queue times to the point where I'm pretty sure you can get games with +1k difference at off-hours, especially during festivals. Removing Duo Q would partially solve the problem, but until there's more than a dozen players waiting to queue at any time, the matchmaking will never work properly, because the sample size is just too small.

 

Yesterday I had a game with an 8min(!) queue time and still ended up with a Silver 1  in it. Since the average game duration is 9min, this means there was only one game's worth of players queued.

 

This also has another effect: During peak times like around reset, win/loss rates are around 50/50 even for the best players, but at extreme off-hours its not uncommon to get either winning or losing streaks of 10-20 games or more, depending on which side you're on, which is incredibly frustrating.

 

I don't enjoy 500-5 games, I like them more around the 500-400 range. But I digress.

Edited by Hannelore.8153
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Genesis.5169 said:

Only in gw2 will the community get mad at people teaming up in a team game..If you think it's autowin you can do it too.

In overwatch a 6 man team based game. The top 500 can NOT make a team greater then 2. The best of the best like the top 10 in this game should be competing against each other not helping each other climb and stay top 10 season after season.

 

Only in gw2 are the problems of pvp not addressed and corrected by the development team, hense it's undying down fall for many many years.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...