Let's be honest, other professions are the problem...

JTGuevara.9018

37 minutes ago, MithranArkanere.8957 said:

This is not true.

Warrior skills may be mostly physical in the nature of the results but they do use magic in their own way.  Berserker's greater use of the explosive force of fire and the blunt force of earth magic, and spellbreaker's greater use of the dispelling nature of shadow magic are much more obvious, but even core warrior imbues his actions with magic, just not with flashy spells. 

When a warrior goes "Rampage" they are using a physical skill, but the skill isn't merely physical just because the skill type is "Physical", when a warrior uses rampage, they are clearly growing in size and emitting particles, showing they are clearly using some sort of Strength magic.

Can I use this Strength magic to do more damage in WvW. I keep trying to cast Fist, but I've yet to see a mushroom cloud.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MithranArkanere.8957 said:

Warrior skills may be mostly physical in the nature of the results but they do use magic in their own way.  Berserker's greater use of the explosive force of fire and the blunt force of earth magic, and spellbreaker's greater use of the dispelling nature of shadow magic are much more obvious, but even core warrior imbues his actions with magic, just not with flashy spells. 

You start saying "that's not true" and then proceed to say exactly what I just said, lol... it was like that until they started making it "magical" with berserker's fire (which wasn't that much magical in the beginning provided they gave it a torch) and after that with spell breaker, but initially it was like that. No magic for warriors. Even rampage which was the weirdest on that regard was still physically oriented.

On 2/4/2022 at 2:05 AM, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

@Daddy.8125 @Lan Deathrider.5910

Go to the top right menu button, click account, and at the bottom of the list will be a tab called "ignored users". Select that and then type in the person(s) you'd like to ignore.

Discovered this a few months back and it's changed my life 😂

Oh wow, thanks for this!

So many useless people who just goad me into getting angry at their stupidity are going to get ignored!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/5/2022 at 5:29 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Can I use this Strength magic to do more damage in WvW. I keep trying to cast Fist, but I've yet to see a mushroom cloud.

Not all magic is spells.  A warrior can drop a banner that produces an effect that is clearly magical, as a raise in morale cannot increase someone's strength.  Same with shouts and warhorn skills imbued with magic healing and curing conditions from allies.

On 2/5/2022 at 7:56 PM, Mesket.5728 said:

You start saying "that's not true" and then proceed to say exactly what I just said, lol... it was like that until they started making it "magical" with berserker's fire (which wasn't that much magical in the beginning provided they gave it a torch) and after that with spell breaker, but initially it was like that. No magic for warriors. Even rampage which was the weirdest on that regard was still physically oriented.

No. You said they do not use magic in any way: "physical non-magical characters, [...] lacking access to any magical buff". 

That is not true. The fact is that they do use magic in their own way. This has even been described before by devs as such. 

Not all magic is spells. Core warriors use magic in an innate way to make their attacks more powerful. A self-strengthening skill that uses the body's magical energy directly without any form of spell or casting may not be as flashy as a fireball, but it's still magic. 

The most caster-like a warrior can get is spellbreaker. Core warrior and berserker may not be as obvious as a warrior dropping spell-like meditations like Winds of Disenchantment, but they do have magic uses in their own way. 

When a berserker explodes in fire, they are not doing that with their muscles alone like freaking Flex Mentallo. They are channeling the magic all Tyrians naturally gather within their bodies and turning it into fire and earth magic to release an explosion of hurt around themselves when they go berserk. An elementalist doing something similar would concentrate and focus and release a spell, but a berserker does it wit their guts alone. But even if it's done with just their guts, it's still using magic, and it would still be impossible if you somehow drained all the magic in their body. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, MithranArkanere.8957 said:

Not all magic is spells.  A warrior can drop a banner that produces an effect that is clearly magical, as a raise in morale cannot increase someone's strength.  Same with shouts and warhorn skills imbued with magic healing and curing conditions from allies.

Man did you not get the joke...

Seriously...

• Haha 5

On 1/30/2022 at 8:52 PM, Daddy.8125 said:

Tbh all the percentages in this game are strongly showing atleast some problems 😂 I mean there's multiple proffessions which seem to be trash in alot of content currently. 

I wouldn't say it's a bias against warrior, it's just simply currently we have 4 proffessions which dominant all content in this game and the other 5 are left to gather dust and rot to the side. 

And regardless to the extent of such a accusation towards a company it's very hard to beleive otherwise when the company have intentionally ensured these proffessions over perform for 4 years while doing nothing to aid the 5 which have continously been kept below them

Why is it fine for some proffessions elites to get more risk or "ensure its fun" factor to others? 

Anet seem fine to release speccs for sheer "thematic existence" for some then others. There are some proffessions which have just continously been given elites which are sheet upgrades and power creeps where others just have never reached the same standard. 

True, you are correct. There is basically a two-tiered system where 4 professions over-performing the rest, however there is bias! Warriors are generally looked as the "easy" class to play (hah! yeah right!). People with so-called "meta" classes get so offended when a warrior outplays them, in which I think it is because warrior is handicapped that they have trouble accepting this reality.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JTGuevara.9018 said:

True, you are correct. There is basically a two-tiered system where 4 professions over-performing the rest, however there is bias! Warriors are generally looked as the "easy" class to play (hah! yeah right!). People with so-called "meta" classes get so offended when a warrior outplays them, in which I think it is because warrior is handicapped that they have trouble accepting this reality.

Aaaah yes

-The typical thief that jumps on your downed body after ganking you from nowhere with an unblockable insta rupt.
-The core ranger that puts interrogation marks while they're on a better spot than warrior.
-The salty core necro that whispers you
Etc. xD

Tho Warrior was or is always the "easiest to play class. How ever we said play not Master right? Its good against Bad players since most of them cant time dodges or time defensive skills good and get hard smashed by not doing this. Result in "I dont fail your broken" what isnt true as we all know but yea most peoples think like that cause they think they are good when they are able to standing on point dont dodge anything and still kill peoples (imagine obviosly build carry). 

Also warrior was ever a stat check class cause of its simple skill Design. Hopefully anet will somehow do something about it.

Edited by Pati.2438

Bring back hammer train, delete conditions out of this game, and we can have GW2 like it was in the begin a super fun game.

Now the gameplay is kite , hide, kite, hide, kite hide, jesus f christ.... and give invisibility on warriors since you gave pretty much all classes might as well give warriors too.

Thief's not even the masters of stealth anymore.

Warriors not the bruisers anymore.

Gw2 developers are giving all weapons to all classes, and making the game very weird, instead of the fun it once was.

The classes are losing originality.

At this point everyone should play the same class and build, because there's no point in not playing the best now.

And don't be surprised when you play PVP conquest, and its the same people over and over, and then you look at the leaderboard in a game that is played by thousands of players the leaderboard has 233 players! the entire leaderboard LOL.

GW2 only cares about PVE and skins at this point, is what gives them the money , pvp in this game only exists because it was there from the begin, but its already forgotten.

And giving warriors a pistol, proves that point.

Edited by Sinester.3572
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Sinester.3572 said:

Bring back hammer train, delete conditions out of this game, and we can have GW2 like it was in the begin a super fun game.

Now the gameplay is kite , hide, kite, hide, kite hide, jesus f christ.... and give invisibility on warriors since you gave pretty much all classes might as well give warriors too.

Thief's not even the masters of stealth anymore.

Warriors not the bruisers anymore.

Gw2 developers are giving all weapons to all classes, and making the game very weird, instead of the fun it once was.

The classes are losing originality.

At this point everyone should play the same class and build, because there's no point in not playing the best now.

And don't be surprised when you play PVP conquest, and its the same people over and over, and then you look at the leaderboard in a game that is played by thousands of players the leaderboard has 233 players! the entire leaderboard LOL.

GW2 only cares about PVE and skins at this point, is what gives them the money , pvp in this game only exists because it was there from the begin, but its already forgotten.

And giving warriors a pistol, proves that point.

Melee Pistol OH 

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, artharon.9276 said:

man I am on my revenant vacation. have you ever killed a guy using back of your fingers bacuse your fingers were dirty?

We are warriors here, we can’t even kill things with all 10 fingers sparkling clean and facing the right way against an afk ambient. 

4 hours ago, oscuro.9720 said:

We are warriors here, we can’t even kill things with all 10 fingers sparkling clean and facing the right way against an afk ambient. 

baby cut carrots and some healthy snacks, pick a working gw2 class, chill. Man they said warrior is the easiest class to play, they said don't play engi it's a hard class to play... how come I find my engineer even easier than warrior? little button here big bomb there turn thingy on and off whooa they are dead already.   

15 hours ago, artharon.9276 said:

baby cut carrots and some healthy snacks, pick a working gw2 class, chill. Man they said warrior is the easiest class to play, they said don't play engi it's a hard class to play... how come I find my engineer even easier than warrior? little button here big bomb there turn thingy on and off whooa they are dead already.   

Oh god, I love baby carrots. Dip them in some peanut butter