Let's be honest, other professions are the problem...

JTGuevara.9018

4 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

how isnt that relative? thats litterally the same thing.

THe Balance as of current. means what Meta builds can achieve is Overpowering the bosses..

So the Options TO prevent such is:

Drop what Meta builds can achieve to fit the boss

or Increase the Boss to Make what meta builds can achieve the Norm.

No it not ... because how trivial content is to complete is related to what is the most optimal way to complete that content, not how many ways are optimal. Difficulty to complete is independent of the number of ways to complete the content. It's just as difficult, whether it's one way or lots of ways. \

I mean, think about this ... if the meta doesn't allow you to complete content (the absurd case) ... then whether you have 1 meta or 100 meta comps ... doesn't change that. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

No it not ... because how trivial content is to complete is related to what is the most optimal way to complete that content, not how many ways are optimal. Difficulty to complete is independent of the number of ways to complete the content. It's just as difficult, whether it's one way or lots of ways. 

but its Not difficult One way as All ways.

Doing this game in a Meta teamcomp. is Doable in Sub 2minutes, however Doing the content with a Completely unoptimized team takes a great deal of Length longer.

This isnt the same Difficulty.

Im actively stating. Doing Fractal 100 CM, is easier to do with 2x Scourge 2x Firebrand 1x Renegade then it is to do with 1x Chronomancer 1x Weaver 1x Berserker 1x Dragonhunter and 1x Druid

Edited by Daddy.8125

3 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Im actively stating. Doing Fractal 100 CM, is easier to do with 2x Scourge 2x Firebrand 1x Renegade then it is to do with 1x Chronomancer 1x Weaver 1x Berserker 1x Dragonhunter and 1x Druid

And I'm actively saying ... that's not a problem because it's expected there will be a optimal combination of builds/classes that result in the 'best' way to do content. 

Whether that combination trivializes the content or not ... depends on the player. That's why we are getting more difficulty tiers in EoD for Strikes. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

Just now, Obtena.7952 said:

And I'm actively saying ... that's not a problem because it's expected there will be a optimal combination of builds/classes that result in the 'best' way to do content. 

Whether that combination trivializes the content or not ... depends on the player. That's why we are getting more difficulty tiers in EoD for Strikes. 

Optimal yes.

but the Gap is too Wide currently. meaning the Difficulty Loss is MORE extreme then other games.

Weather you play WoW Mythic raiding in a Optimal Team or a Sub optimal Team the content is EXTREMELY Hard. wehre in gw2s the Optimal Team its INSANELY Easy.

19 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Optimal yes.

but the Gap is too Wide currently. meaning the Difficulty Loss is MORE extreme then other games.

Maybe, but no matter what you change, in the current content some players are going to be alienated. There's no good solution here. You either adjust content/nerf meta so it's more difficult, or you balance more comps to meta making it easier for more people. 

I get your point here is to make the content less of a 'joke' to attract the outside players ... but that's at the expense of people who are ALREADY loyal customers to this game, who are exactly the people that continue to make this game exist. Not sure how you conclude that's a good idea ... but I don't think it is and I doubt Anet would either. 

The fact remains that moving forward, we have Difficult tiers in EoD strikes and until we can play them, there isn't any reason to predict the 'gap in performance' is still too wide and that Anet needs to do pre-emptive changes to appeal to player's ideas of how the game should work. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Maybe, but no matter what you change, in the current content some players are going to be alienated. There's no good solution here. You either adjust content/nerf meta so it's more difficult, or you balance more comps to meta making it easier for more people. 

I get your point here is to make the content less of a 'joke' to attract the outside players ... but that's at the expense of people who are ALREADY loyal customers to this game, who are exactly the people that continue to make this game exist. Not sure how you conclude that's a good idea ... but I don't think it is. 

my idea. would actually not harm the expense of current Players cause imho there are uninvasive ways to deal with the problem.

I.E Nerf boons Impact on the game. No other change, Nerf the direct source which is Causing the power creep.

6 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

my idea. would actually not harm the expense of current Players cause imho there are uninvasive ways to deal with the problem.

I.E Nerf boons Impact on the game. No other change, Nerf the direct source which is Causing the power creep.

So nerfing the impact of boons on the game is an 'un-invaasive' way to deal with the problem? It's not. I mean, sure, nerfing boons would make content effectively harder ... but that most DEFINITELY has an impact on current players, so not sure what you are thinking here when you say it won't.  

I'm also pretty sure that even if the meta shifts doing this ... people will still favour playing what is best ... in fact, even MORESO if the change is significant, maybe even to the point of not being able to play how you want anymore ... but you have this figured out. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

5 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

So nerfing the impact of boons on the game is an 'un-invaasive' way to deal with the problem? It's not. I mean, sure, nerfing boons would make content effectively harder ... but that most DEFINITELY has an impact on current players, so not sure what you are thinking here when you say it won't.  

Passively Increasing the damage of ur Attacks does not affect ur gameplay. it just doesnt. it doesnt impact ur rtotation. it doesnt change the way you play. just uppfront saying "you do 20% More dmg because of might" Doesnt in anyway shape the way you play your proffession or build.

Boon application is now AFK Pulsing largely or just pressing a button CD so it isnt gamebreaking revolution either.

something Like

Dropping Might stacks to 10, Nerf Fury to 10% Crit increase, Reduce Protection to 10% Increase and reducing the % of Attack Speed increase by Quickness.. Would not change the way you play. or make them non-meta choices.. they'd just close the gap between sub optimal and Optimal builds down.

If u ask me at times these boons actually cause negative impacts.

As a Example, Weaver. if it doesnt have 100% Alacrity. it cannot Self-Weave properly.. which lopsides the burst rotation....

also. if u are correct in saying "the majority dont run optimal builds". this wont affect them?...

Raiders. PvPers and Fractal runners. are the Minority by default, this Would be a Opportunity to improve proffessions at ground level at the sake of damaging Optimal Comps Slightly. this would benefit the majority. as your new Elites can stop taking damage Chunks due to providing boons or "Roles" to a "optimal comp" your never gonna play anyway.

Edited by Daddy.8125

3 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

Passively Increasing the damage of ur Attacks does not affect ur gameplay. it just doesnt. it doesnt impact ur rtotation. it doesnt change the way you play. just uppfront saying "you do 20% More dmg because of might" Doesnt in anyway shape the way you play your proffession or build.

Boon application is now AFK Pulsing largely or just pressing a button CD so it isnt gamebreaking revolution either.

something Like

Dropping Might stacks to 10, Nerf Fury to 10% Crit increase, Reduce Protection to 10% Increase and reducing the % of Attack Speed increase by Quickness.. Would not change the way you play. or make them non-meta choices.. they'd just close the gap between sub optimal and Optimal builds down.

If u ask me at times these boons actually cause negative impacts.

As a Example, Weaver. if it doesnt have 100% Alacrity. it cannot Self-Weave properly.. which lopsides the burst rotation....

Hey, you don't think nerfing boon uptime will impact how people play except that's just one of the reasons meta shifts ... but sure, I'm wrong 🙄 

BUt you know, it raises an interesting question ... if it doesn't change how people will play, then it doesn't seem like a valid reason to change it. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

Hey, you don't think nerfing boon uptime will impact how people play except that's just one of the reasons meta shifts ... but sure, I'm wrong 🙄

I didnt say nerf Uptime.

Keep boons 100% Uptime. Nerf how much DPS the boons provide.

So you don't believe the DPS boons provide impact how people play the game? Again ... why make that change if it doesn't?

what im saying is:

Providing boons are a Raid DPS Increase, they'll always be used in a Optimal run. this wont change you will still play the same set up for the most Efficent kill

However, boons Do not need to litterally Double the DPS of every player in the raid to be Optimal, even if Optimal Comps did 10k DPS More then Sub optimal builds. it wont change how optimal Comps are made, it'll simply mean the power creep is less drastic.

what im saying is:

Providing boons are a Raid DPS Increase, they'll always be used in a Optimal run. this wont change you will still play the same set up for the most Efficent kill

However, boons Do not need to litterally Double the DPS of every player in the raid to be Optimal, even if Optimal Comps did 10k DPS More then Sub optimal builds. it wont change how optimal Comps are made, it'll simply mean the power creep is less drastic.

So lets say you nerf boons so they don't get as much DPS. Again, you ARE talking about changes that have impacts to players because nerfing some teams DPS will mean the difference between success and failure. 

Again, no matter what your changes you are proposing, in the CURRENT content, you DO affect players and how they play. It's wishful thinking to believe you aren't. If your changes aren't affecting how people play ... they are worthless changes in the first place. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

So lets say you nerf boons so they don't get as much DPS. Again, you ARE talking about changes that have impacts to players because nerfing some teams DPS will mean the difference between success and failure. 

Again, no matter what your changes are in the CURRENT content, you DO affect players and how they play. 

but it wont be gameplay changing. which means it wont affect the majority of players. as Most players Do not raid, Do SPVP or run fractals. So rarely even know the meaning of the boons to begin with and as it wont change the way we play our characters. Will only affect the very top % of Players who Play in organised Speed runs.

7 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

but it wont be gameplay changing. which means it wont affect the majority of players. as Most players Do not raid, Do SPVP or run fractals. So rarely even know the meaning of the boons to begin with and as it wont change the way we play our characters. Will only affect the very top % of Players who Play in organised Speed runs.

So, your proposal is simply to nerf boons to make it harder for the very top players ... because somehow you have all this information about how 'not-top players' don't use/benefit from boons or even play the instanced content we are talking about ... no, I don't see it. 

If anything, the top players are LESS affected by boon nerfs than the not-top players ... because top players don't need those boons to succeed and not-top players do. But yeah ... no impact ... sure. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

7 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

So, your proposal is simply to nerf boons to make it harder for the very top players ... because somehow you have all this information about how 'not-top players' don't use/benefit from boons or even play the instanced content we are talking about ... no, I don't see it. 

If anything, the top players are LESS affected by boon nerfs than the not-top players ... because top players don't need those boons to succeed and not-top players do. But yeah ... no impact ... sure. 

No.

I propse Reducing the One of the major points that caused Power Creep to Reduce the gap between Optimal builds and sub optimal builds as a Other option to rebalancing The content directly around the Power creep to neutralise the problem at the cost of making meta more enforced then as of current.

U either

Remove Power Creep.

Or Catch content uptoo where Power creep is.

If you want Optimal builds to not Crush content.

Edited by Daddy.8125

Just now, Daddy.8125 said:

No.

I propse Reducing the One of the major points that caused Power Creep to Reduce the gap between Optimal builds and sub optimal builds as a Other option to rebalancing The content directly around the Power creep to neutralise the problem at the cost of making meta more enforced then as of current.

So did I miss it or what are you actually proposing get changed? I don't know what 'the One of the major points that caused Power Creep' actually is. 

So did I miss it or what are you actually proposing get changed? I don't know what 'the One of the major points that caused Power Creep' actually is. 

Boons.

Boons Double a Players DPS, thats a Massive Power creep considering this games Moved to this From Once upon a time 100% Uptime not even existing. and the game not having boons such as Alacrity in it.

Boons.

Boons Double a Players DPS, thats a Massive Power creep considering this games Moved to this From Once upon a time 100% Uptime not even existing. and the game not having boons such as Alacrity in it.

Right, so again, you don't think nerfing boons will impact players, except the ones you predict will be affected ... and I shouldn't need to remind anyone that 'wide gap' in performance was an issue LONG before power creep from boons/uptime either, so you aren't really fixing any problem here. 

Meta will always exist. That 'gap' has always been there. Nerfing boons does nothing to change either of those things. Again, the silver bullets and crystal balls here. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

11 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Right, so again, you don't think nerfing boons will impact players, except the ones you predict will be affected ... and I shouldn't need to remind anyone that 'wide gap' in performance was an issue LONG before power creep from boons/uptime either, so you aren't really fixing any problem here. 

Just because a gap exists Dont mean make it worse. you just like to paint this game as if nothing could possibly be done to improve this situation yet it could. and every MMORPG Proves it can

go find another MMORPG on the current market Which has its bleeding Edge difficulty content Downed in under 2minutes by optimal builds. It dont exist. no other MMORPG has this issue. and the problem is Solely Only happening in this game. Yet you refuse to maybe the company kittened up.

Just because it will "Affect players" Dont mean that effect couldnt be Positive.

Raid scene is dead

Fractal Scene is Dead.

In ONE YEAR only 18000 Runs of Fractals 90 -100 have been run. theres less then 2000 People actively SPVPING. and Raidings Even smaller. no it wont impact anyone because to "impact someone". there would need a Soul bothering with this game above Open world content anymore.

Edited by Daddy.8125

15 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

, sorry about your thread getting hijacked.

and yeah sorry OP.

Just grates on me Everytime a Negative Post gets up. we have the same person continously blaming the players for everything and Screeching that We're a Minority in opinons yet in every post across Every subforum continously has the Entire thread stacked against them.

Imma stop replying at this point.

1 minute ago, Daddy.8125 said:

and yeah sorry OP.

Just grates on me Everytime a Negative Post gets up. we have the same person continously blaming the players for everything and Screeching that We're a Minority in opinons yet in every post across Every subforum continously has the Entire thread stacked against them.

Imma stop replying at this point.

You know there is an option to ignore posts by other users right?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You know there is an option to ignore posts by other users right?

What offically not see them? ior just scroll past em.

Sadly however.. its posters as such why warriors wont get fixed and why GW2 wont get better.. for aslong as a Company beleive their audience will accept Amaetuer half assed content they'll keep pushing out the minimum

• Like 1