Why can't i remove the lvl 80 boost from a shared inventory slot? [merged]

3 minutes ago, Farohna.6247 said:

It's been discussed many times here in the forums.  It's still annoying, it will probably always be annoying.  I dislike having a slot taken up with it as well, at least let it be something I could move to the bank.  Unlikely to change though.  

I hear you.  Yes it would be  nice to move the booster to your bank, but no one is forcing you to use it.

• Like 3
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

I hear you.  Yes it would be  nice to move the booster to your bank, but no one is forcing you to use it.

Never said they did...I simply don't like that they take up a shared inventory slot.  I used mine to get the last couple of levels on a character to get rid of it lol.  And as I said, unlikely they'll change it at this point in the game, especially since they sell additional shared slots.

• Like 3

I think I used most of my lvl 80 boosters on keyfarmers lol

One way to get rid of it tbh,.
Tomes of Knowledge come in such abundance too that a 80 booster really isn't that valuable to player who play a lot.
I think i'm sitting on several stacks of them atm because I haven't keyfarmed in a long time.
Not to mention those instant level 20-30-40-50 etc boosters that I also have tons of and haven't been using.

Edited by Teratus.2859
  • Like 2

Please change the LvL 80 Boost Item that you get in your shared inventory slot when you upgrade to EoD.  You cannot remove the boost from the shared slot unless you use it.  As a veteran player, I don't have any new characters I want to use.  They are all lvl 80.  Since I bought the Standard version, I didn't get a character slot with the pre-purchase bonuses.  That means for buying the Standard version I am punished.  The only way to use the shared inventory slot I have to delete a character or buy a new slot.  This is not okay.  It is false advertising as I can't use two of the items that I purchased without hurting my already established account.

If you simply make the item account bound and allow people to put it in their banks for later use, this would not be a problem.

I know I could empty out a characters inventory, delete the character and then remake them but 1) that's a pain in the #*$#%#* and 2) that's assuming I have room in my bank, on other characters, and that those characters don't have character bound items on them.

Just better design would have prevented this.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Why can't i remove the lvl 80 boost from a shared inventory slot? [merged]
On 1/25/2022 at 12:18 PM, Veprovina.4876 said:

I preordered EoD, got the shared inventory slot, but i also got a lvl 80 boost in it that i have no characters to use on...

Why is it mandatory to have this in the shared slot? Why can't i move it to my bank and use later, while using the shared slot for something else?

What happens if i use it on a lvl 80 character, does something different happen? Do i get something out of it?

Or do i now need to go buy a character slot, make a character that i'll probably never play, just so i can spend the boost and use a shared inventory slot?

just use the boost, you can't regret it, the gear is bad and the 80 level are not worth anything if you play regularly 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Yeah. Annoying. But I just use them on my level 80 main - since I always level up manually anyways. (And I have 9 chars - 1 of each profession. And not doing "key running" and not creating any new chars unless they bring new professions or a new race lol. :D)

Also deleted the level 20 scrolls from birthday gifts I think. (Before I even knew about key running and stuff like that.) I still have some of the better scrolls (level 40 or 60 or so) in the bank stored.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 2/2/2022 at 4:31 PM, DD39C89C-1C46-4F28-BDB7-49 said:

Ye, could be better. Currently you can just waste it on your main character, just to collect few items from it. No point to keep it too long as you will for sure collect a lot of Tomes of Knowledge, so you can later level character with them anyway.

That's ridiculous advice. Do you understand the dollar value of a boost in the gem shop compared to buying full exotic cele armour?

It's completely nonsensical to waste a boost to get the gear. I can buy full cele gear for far less than 2k gems.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Watt.6420 said:

That's ridiculous advice. Do you understand the dollar value of a boost in the gem shop compared to buying full exotic cele armour?

It's completely nonsensical to waste a boost to get the gear. I can buy full cele gear for far less than 2k gems.

No veteran would buy that in the gem store (you get a free one with shared inv slot per expansion packet bought)
With birthday scrolls and tomes of knowledge you only have to click a few hundred times more to be 80 and get rid of the lvlup rewards, and you get them faster than you can buy char slots 🎂

The main reason is to free the shared inv slot, which is quite expensive in the gem shop as well 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, Watt.6420 said:

As already explained, it's not to get some gear (that's just a side effect), wasting the boost on your main character is to free a shared inventory slot.

If you have other characters which you want to level-up, then of course use the boost on them.

• Like 2

I think it was intended for new players mostly. When I was a new player, I only had one character, and didn't consider a shared slot valuable. There were no characters to use the shared slot, just one character. Then I made a second and third character, used a booster for them, the slots freed up and pleased me. I was glad to get such a handy slot! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'm not sure it's intended for new players mostly.  As the in-game description states, 'For advanced players'.

This is just a warning to new player, that they are eaten by all the expansion mobs before breakfast if they use it before they learned to play 😉

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I'm not sure it's intended for new players mostly.  As the in-game description states, 'For advanced players'.

I think that's just Anet's way of saying not to use it right away. It's a weird situation because the boost is obviously included in the expansions as marketing, so potential new players who don't know how this game works won't worry that they'll be stuck playing alone for hours trying to catch up to everyone else, but then even Anet are saying not to use it right away.

But there's still a big gap between players who are ready to use the level 80 boost (generally someone who has levelled 1 character and now wants a second) and a veteran player who has enough tomes of knowledge and birthday scrolls (and levelled characters) that they don't need the boost and the shared inventory slot is more useful.

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

When, exactly, does a player stop being a 'new' player.  Is it a time thing, or an experience thing?  When is a player considered 'advanced'? 

As usual there are individual differences, but while you are lvling your 1st char to 80 you are beginner,

Then you are something in between and when you know your builds and their synergies, CC, combos, dodging, active defense, pet management and able to survive expansion open world, the whole story and T2+ fractals you are advanced.

When you know several classes with several builds most maps and open world, have most masteries and know several out of T3+ fractals, strikes, raids, WvW or pvp you are a veteran in my view.

Edited by Dayra.7405
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1