Why Is The White Tiger Mount Skin NOT a Warclaw Skin?

There's a simple explanation for this in that more people have access to the jackal. Besides why would you want to use the warclaw in PVE?

edit: if you want a "cat" skin for warclaw there is the Tundra Grimalkin , Outrider skin, and Vigilant Saberclaw.

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, Andy.5981 said:

They will have crunched the numbers and worked out that Jackal Skins sell more than Warclaw Skins. Maximising profit, I'm all for it if it keeps the game afloat.

But that makes no sense - the jackal is a mount that is hardly used and most folks wont want to spend much on it, especially as they like picked up a decent skin from random mount contracts anyhow. Warclaws are used constantly by WVW players and they have hardly any ability to get decent, single skins due to the way the skins are released at the store. I am a lot more likely to buy a warclaw skin than i am a jackal skin....and as it stands, i am hardly able to do that anyway.

• Like 3
  • Confused 8

16 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

There's a simple explanation for this in that more people have access to the jackal. Besides why would you want to use the warclaw in PVE?

edit: if you want a "cat" skin for warclaw there is the Tundra Grimalkin , Outrider skin, and Vigilant Saberclaw.

There are also the Sand Lion warclaw skin, the Savage Gladiator Warclaw Skin, Striped Grimalkin Skin, Vigilant Sabreclaw Skin and the Guildrider Warclaw Skin. Quite a few cat skins there.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

When I saw the tiger skin, I thought, "Finally, we get an awesome looking warclaw skin with proper body proportions!"

Warclaw has hilariously goofy proportions for a feline; neck nearly as long as the body and hind legs that are much shorter than the forelegs. It's more like a hyena and I don’t like any of the current warclaw skins.

Then I saw the skin was for the jackal...

Edited by BlueJin.4127

53 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

The other point of view for this is why shouldn't WvW community get nice things too? When was the last time WvW players got anything nice, really? If anything, they could've made it available for both ...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, chronometria.3708 said:

Agreed - the warclaw is a giant cat and sees a lot more use than the jackal anyway.

That's not necessarily true for some players.  I almost never use the warclaw.  My jackal is my second most used mount after my skyscale.

34 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I use my jackal more than my raptor. Raptor only gets use for me when I know I’ll have big gaps to jump.

Exactly so.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

There's already a tiger warclaw skin.

That was my guess. The Striped Grimalkin makes a(nother) tiger skin for the warclaw redundant. I assume they weren't thinking about Lunar New Year back in the summer when that one was released (although I'm surprised they didn't save it for when EoD comes out either). But then it would have cost 1,600 gems instead of 1,200 (or 400 if you get lucky with a random licence).

I'm another one who mainly uses the jackal in PvE. I like that it's not as fast as the raptor, but still a bit faster than running, it's a good balance for me, and I like a lot of the skins and the animations. I like the warclaw too but I rarely use it outside of WvW.

I don't currently have any of the tiger skins, I was put off the warclaw one just because it doesn't have armour and the warclaw collection and it's lore is all about how the armour is an intrinsic part of the creature, so I wanted one with armour. But having seen other people using it in WvW I do like it. I like the jackal one as well and I can see I'm going to end up with 2 tiger mounts eventually.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Midnight.7526 said:

Seriously. Why make a cat skin for a dog mount? Especially when you have a cat mount in the game. I would buy it instantly if it were for the warclaw mount.

In fairness, they probably didn't know the Warclaw exists.

Hashtag CornerstoneMeme.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, BatelGeuce.3591 said:

The other point of view for this is why shouldn't WvW community get nice things too? When was the last time WvW players got anything nice, really? If anything, they could've made it available for both ...

As a mainly WvW player I find it hilarious that you find a mount skin more priority than gameplay and balance improvements , let alone the work on Alliances.

• Like 3