Why Is The White Tiger Mount Skin NOT a Warclaw Skin?

If it was a WvW mount, the PvE only would complain.  If it's the jackal mount, which is more used by the majority, people still complain.  I agree it seems a logical fit style wise to be a warclaw, but from a monetary perspective it makes sense as a jackal.

Also, why not?  There are variations in most of the mounts....birds instead of raptors, bouncing badgers,  a sea turtle that glides above water, and a hound of Balthazar for WvW.  So why not a cat skin for a dog mount, it's nothing new.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, chronometria.3708 said:

lot of WvW players end up using their default skins.

Well if you give me a Warclaw skin I like, I'll definitely use it.

Outside of WvW, people rarely use the warclaw. Maybe once in a while I use it in PVE for that big 10 target damage but most of the time other mount perform better in PVE.  

• Like 3

11 hours ago, chronometria.3708 said:

But that makes no sense - the jackal is a mount that is hardly used and most folks wont want to spend much on it, especially as they like picked up a decent skin from random mount contracts anyhow. Warclaws are used constantly by WVW players and they have hardly any ability to get decent, single skins due to the way the skins are released at the store. I am a lot more likely to buy a warclaw skin than i am a jackal skin....and as it stands, i am hardly able to do that anyway.

30% of the population are predominatly WvWers. 60% of the population are predominantly PvE players (according to Mike O'Brien).

Jackals are a popular mount. They're great at bypassing enemies when running and they're faster than a raptor on uneven terrain. I used my jackal quite frequently on the ground. 

Yep, I'd rather it be a jackal skin. I have enough skins for my Warclaw for the small amount of time I WvW (by percentage anyway).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I was looking for the right topic so I don’t have to create one just for saying thanks to Anet.

I am happy this is for the jackal (as pve player) I always liked the movement of the tigers in wow and also the ram (but I didn’t buy the lunar cow) and this new tiger skin comes close to the movement. so i hoped for a nice tiger mount skin for the jackal. I know there is a warclaw but I think it’s useless outside wvw. It’s slow.  There are some nice lion or tiger skins for it. But it was not worth for me to buy it for 1200 gems. I tried with random licenses. But didn’t obtained one. Before i didn’t like the jackal that much. But now with the tiger skin I think it replace the raptor. 

and as you said. Why make a cat skin for a dog. 
It’s just a skin for a beast with 4 legs. There must be a standard/basic model where you can add other skins to. Imagine if they had no basic model and just had a headless thing with 4 legs. Like the working table when painting a door.  If they made the tiger for the raptor it was another thing. Because it has 2 legs. Only problem I can think of is the sound of it. I have a dog skin for the bunny. It’s weird that a stephard dog. Or what’s called. Makes bunny sounds. 

and again. It’s nice to have tiger skins for more game modes or models instead of put them all on 1 model.  Enough said. 

now the only thing I would like is the have a dreadnought skyscale skin. Or something like that. A full plated or armored skyscale. And no. Not the robot we got last. And maybe a skeleton like dreadnought skyscale. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Katsugankz.7156 said:

Ok...but the warclaw already has a tiger skin. It's even cheaper than this one by 400 gems.

9 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

it already has a tiger skin?

You mean the Warclaw has a skin with stripes on it. Stripes do not a tiger make. This cat has stripes - Is it a tiger too?

Here is a side by side so you can see the differences between the two skins.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

20 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Alright, and can you see why that is still considerably different from the skin that was just released for the Jackal? I'm cool with the Jackal having it, it'd just be nice if the Warclaw could have it too, and I don't think cat with stripes or cat with gladiator helmet are the same thing.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Sure it's different, so what?  It should be different from previously released skins.  But does warclaw really need 3 variants of a tiger skin when apparently people don't buy warclaw skins?  No, it doesn't need another tiger variant skin.  That's probably why Anet put this version on the Jackal.  Apparently few people seems to know that warclaw skins even exist.  

Putting the white tiger skin on both the warclaw and jackal would remove the uniqueness of the skin.  Best to leave it on one type of mount.

It just looks like some people are complaining that Anet made a really cool skin.  It seems that sometimes, no matter what they do Anet can't win.

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Sure it's different, so what?  It should be different from previously released skins.  But does warclaw really need 3 variants of a tiger skin when apparently people don't buy warclaw skins?  No, it doesn't need another tiger variant skin.  That's probably why Anet put this version on the Jackal.  Apparently few people seems to know that warclaw skins even exist.  

Putting the white tiger skin on both the warclaw and jackal would remove the uniqueness of the skin.  Best to leave it on one type of mount.

It just looks like some people are complaining that Anet made a really cool skin.  It seems that sometimes, no matter what they do Anet can't win.  Because internet gotta whine about everything.  Really, can't you just say "hey Anet, that's a cool skin" without complaining?

Edited by DarcShriek.5829
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Putting the white tiger skin on both the warclaw and jackal would remove the uniqueness of the skin.

I mean, do you have any data to support the claim that 'people don't buy Warclaw skins' or 'don't know that Warclaw skins even exist'? I buy them when I see one I like (same as with any other mount skin), and if I were a person who favored both Warclaw and Jackal, I'd buy the same skin twice to have it available on my mount of choice. Given that there are plenty of skins available for mounts that are virtually identical with only slight differences in markings (Skyscale is a good example of this), I'm not sure why the concept is controversial.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

Just now, AgentMoore.9453 said:

I mean, do you have any data to support the claim that 'people don't buy Warclaw skins' or 'don't know that Warclaw skins even exist'? I buy them when I see one I like (same as with any other mount skin), and if I were a person who favored both Warclaw and Jackal, I'd buy the same skin twice to have it available on my mount of choice. Given that there are plenty of skins available for mounts that are virtually identical with only slight differences in markings (Skyscale is a good example of this), I'm not sure why the concept is controversial.

Those are 400 gem skins, this is a 2000 gem skin, it's supposed to be better. Your complaining is not a good look.  Your defense of your complaining is even worse.

Yes I have data.  People like you don't know what skins are available for the warclaw.  That's data that people don't buy warclaw skins.  Did you miss that?

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

People like you don't know what skins are available for the warclaw. 

'People like me' are well aware of what skins are available and you can view the entire gallery of them here. When I responded to you and Katsu, the skin being linked was the Striped Grimalkin and I addressed the differences. When you clarified that you meant the Savage Gladiator, I addressed the differences there as well. It doesn't meant I was unaware of available options, only that I was responding directly to what had been posted when it had been posted.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the White Tiger skin is not available for Warclaw - that is the point I was making.

You can disagree with me without making inaccurate assumptions.

• Confused 3

Just now, MineMeMy.7854 said:

but who will use  jackal  in PVE, lol a useless mount

Assume this is more of a troll, but a lot of players do indeed use them.  There are many areas where they are preferable to avoid enemies or in less open spaces.  Also they are great fun for races.  If you're not switching up mounts for their many uses, you're missing out.  Love my warclaw skins, love my jackal skins.  Also, this is good festival fun, especially for anyone doing a theme.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Midnight.7526 said:

Seriously. Why make a cat skin for a dog mount? Especially when you have a cat mount in the game. I would buy it instantly if it were for the warclaw mount.

Because it won't make as much money if it was

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2