The new White Tiger skins are AWESOME

The new White Tiger weapon skins are amazing.  Rarely do I look at a weapon set and see more than 1 or 2 I like.  The whole set is really beautifully done, highlighted by the Focus and Staff skins.

The White Tiger mount is also very well done, like the weapon skins, super crisp and detailed well.

Even the Tiger Hat skin for the achievement is incredibly well crafted.

10/10 to Art and Design team people who oversaw the creation of these.  I want them all and that has never happened before with this type of release.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1
24 minutes ago, Svarty.8019 said:

Amazing skin, not on Warclaw. Anybody surprised?

I was talking about this last night, as my friend wants the Striped Grimalkin mount for Warclaw, and we were like "It's year of the Tiger tomorrow, like, there has to be a Tiger mount and it has to be a Warclaw skin right?".

Edit:

I had thought there was a Dog skin for the Warclaw, looking like a Bulldog or something?  I looked through the Wiki and cannot find any skin that looks like it though.  Makes me wonder what I have seen people riding in WvW, something that looks a lot like the Hound of Balthazar.

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
Dogclaw?
  • Confused 1
25 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I had thought there was a Dog skin for the Warclaw, looking like a Bulldog or something?  I looked through the Wiki and cannot find any skin that looks like it though.  Makes me wonder what I have seen people riding in WvW, something that looks a lot like the Hound of Balthazar.

That is exactly what you have seen in WvW, the Hound of Balthazar Warclaw skin.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hound_of_Balthazar_Warclaw_Skin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
22 minutes ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

I was talking about this last night, as my friend wants the Striped Grimalkin mount for Warclaw, and we were like "It's year of the Tiger tomorrow, like, there has to be a Tiger mount and it has to be a Warclaw skin right?".

Edit:

You're correct about the Hound of Balthazar, for all the canine lovers out there who prefer to ride on a dog.  So why not for a cat instead of a jackal lol.  I also thought it would be for the warclaw but welcome new mount skins regardless.  

And yes the white tiger skin and sets are lovely 💜

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
5 minutes ago, TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

That is exactly what you have seen in WvW, the Hound of Balthazar Warclaw skin.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Hound_of_Balthazar_Warclaw_Skin

Thank you!  The Wiki hasn't been updated since this was added to link the skin into this page:

Warclaw - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

or this one

Gallery of Warclaw skins - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

• Confused 1

I agree that the mount skin is very well done indeed. That said, I feel it should have been a warclaw skin, but hey, more sold as a PvE skin I'd imagine. Lucky that the djinns are willing to shape the sands into creatures other than canines, eh?

The weapons, however ... I'm glad there are those who are appreciative of them and will make purchases in support of the game, but yikes do I find them ugly. Upon hearing the name I (yes, unrealistically) hoped to see more realistic Chinese weapons of ages past with tiger engravings, or small figurines worked into the designs. I knew better; maybe someday 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

These look actually extremely bad for me.  Those huge red orbs ruin the balance in both colors and shape.  If anything is at least mediocre, it's the dagger.  The tiger is meh.  Well each to his own.   Glad these things got them gems.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2
8 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

It does look like it was originally designed as a Warclaw skin, though, as it is super fat for a tiger. It doesn't fit the sleek Jackal at all.

Yeah i saw the tiger a few times now in game and his proportions are so ...  this tiger is a chunky boi when you look at it from the front. And not in a positive way, for me personally.

• Confused 3
2 hours ago, Fuchslein.8639 said:

Yeah i saw the tiger a few times now in game and his proportions are so ...  this tiger is a chunky boi when you look at it from the front. And not in a positive way, for me personally.

I’ve always like that the base jackal model has a bulk to it, at least the front half. It’s got a really solid rib cage and front legs that sell it as a powerful mount to me.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
3 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I’ve always like that the base jackal model has a bulk to it, at least the front half. It’s got a really solid rib cage and front legs that sell it as a powerful mount to me.

I didn't say it was "weak", I said it was "sleek", which is not the same thing.

The original Jackal skin does not look bulky at all compared to the Warclaw:
https://i.imgur.com/mm4qhlj.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
8 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Didn’t mean to imply you did. There’s just a bulkiness to the Jackal itself I’ve always considered a positive.

Okay, but what does it have to do with the new Tiger skin looking like it was originally designed for the Warclaw? Your response was completely unrelated to my comment you quoted then.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
typo
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
8 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Okay, but what does it have to do with the new Tiger skin looking like it was originally designed for the Warclaw? Your response was completely unrelated to my comment you quoted then.

I understood you feel the tiger skin looks too bulky for jackal. That made me go, "Huh," because I've always though base jackal looks bulky and like that it does.

Nothing deeper or more meaningful than that. Just conversational, not trying to win an argument or anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1
22 hours ago, Ashen.2907 said:

The weapon skins look awful, entirely too Fisher Price, to me. Like the mount though...too bad it is not available for the warclaw so I will not be purchasing it either.

The weapon skins with the little tiger figurine on them don't appeal to me, personally. Their hind legs are wrapping around the weapon as if they are doing the business. The weapons without them look pretty good! The pistol, mace, dagger, warhorn, and focus.

Their choice for not going with the Warclaw was pretty strange. We already have an armored tiger as a Warclaw skin right now. It's called the Savage Gladiator skin. It's an interesting choice to make two mount species have a tiger.

Edited by Quench.7091
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
On 1/25/2022 at 5:54 PM, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

Edit:

If you go to the mount section of your character sheet, you can go through all of the mount skins to see what you like.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1