The Definitive version of Asura Race :P

Them ears??? , guessing this Asuran has no need for any flying mount, just flap those ears for take off. EoD incoming: Flying Asura. 

... but the face is kinda creepy, like some Elfin, disturbing, child doll, not keen on that. 

My biggest downfall in 2012 was choosing an Asuran Elementalist, played a few weeks without knowing anyone or being in a guild, kept dying constantly, blamed it on picking an Asuran, I was just too fugly for anyone to invite me into their guild!  That wrong choice caused me to quit, came back 4 years later: Made 18 human characters, relegated my original Asuran for his only worth: JP's.

@AusarViled.7106

Edited by Gregg.3970
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Yikes.
Also looks similar to so many "cutesy diminished race" designs.
I'd rather not. I mean, sure the silly rodents are super ugly, but at least it's our own unique flavor of ugly. (Silvary main here speaking, no hard feelings, not everybody can be as fabulous as us plantpeople ;))

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I think it looks a little creepy, it hits the 'uncanny valley' of just human enough to look weirdly inhuman.

Also I like that the asura don't just look like tiny humans and have their own identity, I think it makes them more interesting. I'm not as much of a fan of games where all the races are humans with 1 attribute exaggerated.

• Like 8

On 1/28/2022 at 9:43 PM, AusarViled.7106 said:

The Picture Link

Let me know, do not get to mad at me pls, i hate the asura base game faces. This is better

Looks like a doll face.

Its terrible imo.

Cant imagine that anyone could take a commander serious that looks like...this...
Imagine someone kills balthazar and then looks at u, with this face.
Please....no

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/29/2022 at 11:45 AM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I don't know what you're on about.  I'm cute as a button!

Unless I haven't had my coffee...

Oh my lord, the asura are coming to ff14. Hold on to your lalafells since we coming in to eat them, forcibly turn them into mechs, and use them to go on a mindless rampage. Nothing will stop us hahahaa 

Edited by AusarViled.7106

I really like how Asura look and I don't think they need fixing. I like how you can make them look tough, grumpy, cute, or even slightly insane. Also love their creepy little triangle teeth.

Wouldn't mind the giant ears though, just spin really fast and turn into an Asuracopter.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/28/2022 at 9:43 PM, AusarViled.7106 said:

The Picture Link

Let me know, do not get to mad at me pls, i hate the asura base game faces. This is better

On the other hand i do actually like the fact, that GW2 decided to go the creepy route, instead of making them another case of "small, cute, and definitely-not-oversexualized-kids" style some players seem to like for some reason.

Although i actually consider lalafells to be way more creepy than asuras ever can be. And the fact that the potatoes apparently were intended to be cute only increases the creepiness factor by a lot. It's just a different kind of creepiness than in Asuras.

Edited by Astralporing.1957
  • Like 2

Even with the face of a Lalafell I still wouldn't be playing any Asura. Even if Asura were cute (which I don't think they are in the slightest; they're ugly abominations and besides, I would never play a supremacist race), you wouldn't find any among my characters. Cute is not what I want my characters to look like. I don't even think about that when I'm creating a character.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Dave.6819 said:

Asuras not cute? What? I actually want to create a new character cuz i made a mistake in creating a charr guardian. Asuras are cutest. Picture below.

My asura..

Looks like a baby Viera to me. I'll say this much: at least yours isn't fugly af. But the bunny ears give me much more of a Viera vibe than an Asura vibe.

57 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

I'm still having a hard time reconciling the idea that while Asura didn't have hair in GW1, they somehow do in GW2.

Dude.  No.

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Vekk#/media/File:Vekk.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/File:Oola.jpg

https://wiki.guildwars.com/images/2/2f/"Asuras"_concept_art.jpg

About as many GW1 Asura have hair as those that don't, or are wearing hats large enough to prevent a determination either way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1