Correct me if I am wrong but…

GoldenPants.1870

@GoldenPants.1870 not directly. i think they simply work with the same algorithm ever since. they have some point scale and activity numbers and do some maths that autogenerates those linkings.

this is obviously not too smart, as servers are having players come and go every other week probably. but the data that is used for relinks still is only fooled by the players, u cannot really blame it on the bananas algorithm

its the same since many years, so how do people really still wonder? its one reason anet plans about alliances since 2018~

5 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

No.  Links were theoretically designed to better match population for worlds/servers.  

Then transfers happen.  And it gets borked

Isn't that why people are complaining about BG and KN getting linked though?  It's kind of standard that after relinks a bunch of people transfer to whatever server is linked to BG so why give them such a high pop link?

IDK what the population differences are between all the Full servers, but I do know that relinks are low resolution, huge chunks of population that can't be split up compared to the high resolution, smaller chunks of world restructuring.

3 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Isn't that why people are complaining about BG and KN getting linked though?  It's kind of standard that after relinks a bunch of people transfer to whatever server is linked to BG so why give them such a high pop link?

IDK what the population differences are between all the Full servers, but I do know that relinks are low resolution, huge chunks of population that can't be split up compared to the high resolution, smaller chunks of world restructuring.

Probably?  I wish they would just post the population percentages with server names.  Just prior to one relink.  Not this arbitrary 💩 that really doesn’t help.  

And I guess when you think about the link to BG, too low of a pop link to start may only fuel more transfers…. 

1 minute ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

And I guess when you think about the link to BG, too low of a pop link to start may only fuel more transfers…. 

Yea I thought about that too.  The only problem is I don't think the status would update to Full on a high pop link immediately with transfers.  It's a rolling average smoothed out over weeks.

Just now, Chaba.5410 said:

Yea I thought about that too.  The only problem is I don't think the status would update to Full on a high pop link immediately with transfers.  It's a rolling average smoothed out over weeks.

I know it’s theoretically too late to do this, I just wish they would consider a pop level for ‘full’ for a LINK so that when they pair up two worlds that are at that threshold, the two list as ‘full’.  But that would be a moot point with alliances and people would scream bloody mirder if they couldn’t play with their ‘friends’.