Harbinger off hand

Brycar.2651

Nothing looks amazing in PVE for me.

I think the Focus is the best bet, since it's a pretty reasonable assumption that NPC's you don't just kill with AA will have boons. Also, I don't think LF regain will be a problem but .. its there on #4

WH is iffy ... Wail of Doom is redundant with pistol 3 and HS 4 bar breaking. WH 5 is ... not amazing. 

Dagger is meh ... Pistol 3 already has weakness, as does Doom Approaches trait. I also doubt the 3 bleeds from Dagger 5 won't be optimal in a DPS rotation. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2

Dagger will be the most likely "best" off-hand for the simple reason that it's the "best" core condi weapon and harbinger, so far, perform better as a condi spec. Optimisation will probably push players to take in some corruption utilities in single target encounters which synergize well with the dagger's ability to send back conditions.

9 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Nothing looks amazing in PVE for me.

I think the Focus is the best bet, since it's a pretty reasonable assumption that NPC's you don't just kill with AA will have boons. Also, I don't think LF regain will be a problem but .. its there on #4

WH is iffy ... Wail of Doom is redundant with pistol 3 and HS 4 bar breaking. WH 5 is ... not amazing. 

Dagger is meh ... Pistol 3 already has weakness, as does Doom Approaches trait. I also doubt the 3 bleeds from Dagger 5 won't be optimal in a DPS rotation. 

Actually:

Past DPS rotations weren't really using pistol autos.

Wh 4 is amazing, much better break at DMG with paralysation sigil, and is unblockable.

Focus isn't a PvE weapon.

Imo Necro has a serious offhand problem in PvE.

I'm really interested to see, if anet sticks with the last design, that harbinger can be played power as well.

I wouldn't mind if they added pistol offhand as well.

Apart from reapers great sword, Necro has some serious power weapon problems.

Last benchmark of power harbinger was like 26k I believe.

While you can clear content with that, it's trash tier for nowadays standards.

Every supporter does more dmg (qfb, qScrapper, alac-ren).

Edited by Nimon.7840
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Nimon.7840 said:

Actually:

Past DPS rotations weren't really using pistol autos.

Wh 4 is amazing, much better break at DMG with paralysation sigil, and is unblockable.

Focus isn't a PvE weapon.

Imo Necro has a serious offhand problem in PvE.

I'm really interested to see, if anet sticks with the last design, that harbinger can be played power as well.

I wouldn't mind if they added pistol offhand as well.

Apart from reapers great sword, Necro has some serious power weapon problems.

Last benchmark of power harbinger was like 26k I believe.

While you can clear content with that, it's trash tier for nowadays standards.

Every supporter does more dmg (qfb, qScrapper, alac-ren).

Well, the relevant question is if Dagger 5 will be in a DPS rotation. It's hard to think it will be. 3 blleed is a pretty small condi application compared to the other options available. I guess someone will answer that when EoD comes out. 

Sure, Wh4 is amazing but Harbinger doesn't lack CC so ... it just depends on the situation. I guess if you just want to be THE barbreaker on a team, it's awesome ... if you aren't, the use of WH is questionable. 

Focus being a PVE weapon? Depends on the situation. I'm speculating that boon stripping in EoD just generally is high value (even PoF there are many places where it's valuable...) and Harbinger has none IIRC. 

I would agree that OH's got some PVE issues, but the answer to what is good is all about what PVE scenario the player is in ... I don't see lots of scenarios where WH is that useful with a Harbinger ... too much redundancy. It's just too broad a question. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Confused 2