Help me choose the best solo profession.

grx.8714

4 minutes ago, taara.3217 said:

Had you chance to try Harbinger ? And if yes, any thoughts about SC vs HB ? Thank you.

So far my thoughts on Harbinger that its miles behind Scourge in survivability. But we shall see what launch balance says, though I wouldnt be optimistic about it being good in solo.

• Thanks 1

Winionmancer is an easy option. Just summon winions off cooldown while abusing shroud and your tanky minions. (Traits don't mater, use green gear if you want, staff axe/dagger I think is the way. Don't know, class is broken, roll your head on the keyboard to win gw2.)

Alternitively, Celestial gear works well on most professions, and makes classes like Ele unkillable bruisers. (Weaver and Tempest both work, can trait damage (fire-arcane-x)). Buttonmash your way to victory.

Edited by Westenev.5289

Best solo, is a Celestial Engineer due to build diversity.

if you want a more specific build, go Celestial Armor, with Divine Runes.

Explosives 3, 1, 3

Inventions 2, 2, 2

Alchemy 2, 3, 1

Weapon skills Pistol Pistol / Rifle,   Sigil's Strength, and OPTIONAL... something with AoE condi is nice, get what you can afford.

Equipped Skills, elixir H, elixir U, elixir B, BOMB, Elixir X  ... optional skills, elixir C, R, and S

Hit, U and B, equip Bombs and Bomb away, it's such a simple yet fun build I've been able to solo every yellow boss out there, and just run though content.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Kanimae.1735 said:

With some supposed nerfs coming will Renegade and Scourge still be great soloers?+

That nerfs will probably focus on alacrity in the Renegade and barriers in the Scourge. I don't think solo Renegade and Scourge do need those features: for a Renegade alone decreasing your own cooldown skills is irrelevant since the limiting factor to use them is the energy costs. Alacrity stats are used in fractals and raids due the benefits for other profesions, but going alone I find that boon duration is a waste (and anyway condition damage > strike damage in OW) so I run any combination of Viper and/or Trailblazer instead of Diviner. The same happens with condi Herald, which is tankier but a bit slower dealing damage (and mostly a pure mele fighter).

So I don't think it would affect those classes too much, specially outside groups. I think that Rev, Ranger and Necro  stillwould keep being the best OW classes based on their damage output, self sustain, mobility and mixup between single target and AoE damage in EoD.

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Buran.3796 said:

That nerfs will probably focus on alacrity in the Renegade and barriers in the Scourge. I don't think solo Renegade and Scourge do need those features: for a Renegade alone decreasing your own cooldown skills is irrelevant since the limiting factor to use them is the energy costs. Alacrity stats are used in fractals and raids due the benefits for other profesions, but going alone I find that boon duration is a waste (and anyway condition damage > strike damage in OW) so I run any combination of Viper and/or Trailblazer instead of Diviner. The same happens with condi Herald, which is tankier but a bit slower dealing damage (and mostly a pure mele fighter).

So I don't think it would affect those classes too much, specially outside groups. I think that Rev, Ranger and Necro  stillwould keep being the best OW classes based on their damage output, self sustain, mobility and mixup between single target and AoE damage in EoD.

Thank you so much for the well thought out response! Female Charr scourge here I come ^.^