Hidden unspoken rules for WvW ?

GoldenPants.1870

So uh, I dunno what it is recently, but one of the servers I am facing seems reaaaaaallllly salty if you go out of combat, then re-engage them.. Like…

Do they expect me to just let them keep killing me or something ? Do they think there is a rule against going out of combat then re-engaging them, like the entire roaming world would be duels only or what ? 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Were you changing your specs during the disengage? Trying to find what they're angry for...

Nope, this person in particular said I just played like a kitten and a coward, like I was obligated to stay and fight when I ran out of cooldowns and he had his. He did not seem very happy that I suggested he should put some mobility in his build.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Nope, this person in particular said I just played like a kitten and a coward, like I was obligated to stay and fight when I ran out of cooldowns and he had his. He did not seem very happy that I suggested he should put some mobility in his build.

Ask him these questions: What is Thief supposed to do while Thief isn't so tough as an honorable knight or a gladiator in a colossium? Does he expect Thief to faceroll on keyboard for spamming specific skills with little to no strategic thoughts?

I want to see him play this class on his own and say those words again after playing and comprehending it sufficiently. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

If you commit to a 1v1 and then ooc when things go downhill just to reset, then actually yes. It's considered bm. Not all specs can add teef level of mobility.

• Like 13
  • Confused 3

i guess he was mad because you repeatedly took the engagement and then ran off....  I would be totally pissed if a teef keeps jumping me over and over and is not comitting to the engagement.

the rule that you are looking for is:   Dont start a fight that you are not gonna end.

If you decide to run away... STAY AWAY and dont try it 500 times. If you want to try it atleast stick around and make it fun but dont OOC at any inconvenience. There is no shame in dying, but there is shame in trying to kill someone 50 times and always YEETING away when it gets rough. arguably thats how a teef has to play but i wouldnt try it numerous times or atleast stick around for him to bring the fight to an end.

but its 100% not against any unspoken rules or something. its just something that is really annoying when being on the receiving end. I can not blame him for blackmailing you 😄 i would be fuming. ESPECIALLY if its obvious that the teef cant kill you no matter what but is still going for you nonstop.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

1 hour ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

When thief flee from 30 vs 1 fight i call him coward and tell him stories how i fight 30 vs 1 when i play thief. 😎

I often get taken down by a group of so-called enemy guildies and a massive squad of enemy fighters with the premium-tier coordination. It's a part of daily life in WvW somehow.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, schloumou.3982 said:

If you commit to a 1v1 and then ooc when things go downhill just to reset, then actually yes. It's considered bm. Not all specs can add teef level of mobility.

I often engage 1v1 till the end of it, whether win or lose. If it turns out to be 1v2 or more than that, I almost instantly go away.

• Like 4

permastealth is annoying but part of the thief package.

permadisengage is worse because basically only thief can exploit it multiple times in a fight, getting free full heals while the opponent's big skills stay on CD during the next engage.

but hey, I gank roamers 10v1 so it's ok for me.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

but its 100% not against any unspoken rules or something. its just something that is really annoying when being on the receiving end.

He was a celestial soulbeast, so I mean he should have been able to catch me, but I don’t really care much if it is annoying, to be honest. I mean its roaming, not a duel. And the rule number 1. in roaming is to have mobility, I also got him down low every time but surprise surprise 5 seconds later he had 30 seconds of proteection, 13 stab, 25 might, etc etc.

9 minutes ago, Sylvia.4870 said:

I often get taken down by a group of so-called enemy guildies and a massive squad of enemy fighters with the premium-tier coordination. It's a part of daily life in WvW somehow.

Just solo them ezpez.

11 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

the rule that you are looking for is:   Dont start a fight that you are not gonna end.

Also to add onto this, he started the fight with me. Not the opposite.

12 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

I would be totally pissed if a teef keeps jumping me over and over and is not comitting to the engagement.

Engineer here actually !

14 minutes ago, schloumou.3982 said:

See above. x)

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Boh.4568 said:

permastealth is annoying but part of the thief package.

permadisengage is worse because basically only thief can exploit it multiple times in a fight, getting free full heals while the opponent's big skills stay on CD during the next engage.

but hey, I gank roamers 10v1 so it's ok for me.

Oh , permastealth? Let me guess: Daredevil who wields Dagger/Pistol with Shadow Arts?

Edited by Sylvia.4870

9 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

He was a celestial soulbeast, so I mean he should have been able to catch me, but I don’t really care much if it is annoying, to be honest. I mean its roaming, not a duel. And the rule number 1. in roaming is to have mobility, I also got him down low every time but surprise surprise 5 seconds later he had 30 seconds of proteection, 13 stab, 25 might, etc etc.

Just solo them ezpez.

Engineer here actually !

See above. x)

same rule still applys! if you decide to run away then stay away. even if he attacked you first. if you need to OOC you should not reengage over and over. its fine if you do it once, its okey if you do it twice, but abusing how easy it is to go OOC in WvW and then reengaging in the same fight only for you to run away again.......  idk. man up and fight it out. if you loose you loose. if you want to run then run. But dont Engagge -> you loose the fight -> run away-> go in again->loose the fight->run away-> reengage->loose the fight-> run away......  you essentialy are just admitting that he is better everytime you run away. because you are so scared that you dont even fight it out to the end.   (very harshly speaking... just so you understand the point)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

Just solo them ezpez.

Engineer here actually !

See above. x)

13 stacks of stability and 25 stacks of might? That's insane! (Especially the stability)

6 minutes ago, Sylvia.4870 said:

13 stacks of stability and 25 stacks of might? That's insane! (Especially the stability)

10 stacks from Strength of the pack and then you copy them with we heal as one(i think copying stabi gives 3 stacks...? could be 1 also im not sure. -> 13 (maybe11) stacks

Edited by Sahne.6950

Theres nothing wrong with running from fights, either if you engage or if enemy engages. But if you keep engaging 1v1, then losing, going ooc and repeat - Id honestly start being toxic as well, and siege your right after.

Quick reminder - if you disengage and engage again during roaming, its okayish cuz you might want to switch builds (some matchups are just a joke, hardcountering). If you go ooc during proper 1v1 - you lost. 

Thats probably the 'hidden rule' youre looking for. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Widmo.3186 said:

Theres nothing wrong with running from fights, either if you engage or if enemy engages. But if you keep engaging 1v1, then losing, going ooc and repeat - Id honestly start being toxic as well, and siege your right after.

Quick reminder - if you disengage and engage again during roaming, its okayish cuz you might want to switch builds (some matchups are just a joke, hardcountering). If you go ooc during proper 1v1 - you lost. 

Thats probably the 'hidden rule' youre looking for. 

I used to meet one of the guildies from AUNO, a daredevil with dagger/pistol, he kept on fighting me and disengaging from me then coming back twice times in a row. Talk about memories.

2 hours ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

The ol’ classic block-n-whisper wombo combo.

That´s normal  for sure u ruined their PRO yutube video or stream :)  sometimes i can facetank with active counters or kill someone with zealots  or  even pleb clerics they always pm noob minstrell f*** most time im using zealots they dont even noticve im aborving their skills rather than soak damage with minstrells + boons.... i dont even have bon duration.

As i tend to say... typical Gw2 player atitute, expected to get carried with build......rage if  cant make a perfect show off video.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

That´s normal  for sure u ruined their PRO yutube video or stream 🙂 sometimes i can facetank with active counters or kill someone with zealots  or  even pleb clerics they always pm noob minstrell f*** most time im using zealots they dont even noticve im aborving their skills rather than soak damage with minstrells + boons.... i dont even have bon duration.

As i tend to say... typical Gw2 player atitute, expected to get carried with build......rage if  cant make a perfect show off video.

Truth be told, losing is a part of perfection. What's more, practice makes perfect.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sylvia.4870 said:

Truth be told, losing is a part of perfection. What's more, practice makes perfect.

loosing means one have  stuff to learn, wining ur limited and cant  learn until start loosing again.

Some  chinese old person.

Edited by Aeolus.3615