Hidden unspoken rules for WvW ?

GoldenPants.1870

Omg why are there so many kitten rules... the only unspoken rule for me is to not interrupt a duel in obvious dueling areas. Other than that everything else is a fair game.  If you're red I am going to try to kill you by any means possible and I expect the exact same from the enemies.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

The enemy may send angry whispers if a player is getting ooc to reset a fight. But don't they also have the chance while OOC to WP away. If I'm roaming, somebody attacks, I'm winning, they ooc, come back. I could just WP away when they ooc. If the cycle has been going on, I know they'll be back, I'll get close to beating them, they'll ooc to reset. I could just WP away and roam elsewhere.

• Like 1

Yea breaking combat and jumping back in is poor sportsmanship and dishonorable. Some people will go ahead and say it's a kitten move.

If you break combat then have the decency to leave the fight and run to bother someone else. Many builds can do this and in the end you just wasting your time and your enemy's time which makes a game that people are supposed to have fun with very very unfun.

I play deadeye mostly.  I never intentionally break combat unless running away and when I do unintentionally, I typically just leave or move outside of range and see if the opponent wants to still fight... because I'm not going to be a kitten that enters, exits,enters, exits combat (etc) trolling other players in an attempt to get them to rage quit. Commit or dont.

Edit: tldr it is very dishonorable and often looked down upon because that is something that is easily abused, using it to simply ensure other players don't enjoy playing the game vs just beating them.   The exception ofc being if they sneak attack you and you want to not die but also try a fair fight with them... but then don't make a habit of it and if you do get the fair fight, don't break combat. 

Edited by SlitheSlivier.1908
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

To add to my previous post, the only other ones you really should be aware of are:

-to not interrupt or assist if 2 players are dueling (usually on alpine borderlands in the open area between the south camp bridge and the sentry).

- don't use minis or pets/minions/etc in a zerg (apart from adding to gpu issues, they don't stealth and give away your position)

- don't drop seige in a zerg if not the commander

- don't use tactics in towers or keeps if you don't know how or when to use them... unless absolutely necessary. 

Edited by SlitheSlivier.1908
  • Sad 1

On 2/11/2022 at 4:01 AM, Katrina.8702 said:

Omg why are there so many kitten rules... the only unspoken rule for me is to not interrupt a duel in obvious dueling areas. Other than that everything else is a fair game.  If you're red I am going to try to kill you by any means possible and I expect the exact same from the enemies.

They're hardly "rules" cos no one is ever gonna pick you up on them. It's just courtesy. It's a neglected game mode with a small, relatively loyal playerbase. Smaller communities = better sense of individual responsibility.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Some generally accepted good habits in WvW:

1. Don't use tactivators unless there is a good reason to do so. (As they have a long cooldown)
  2. If your location is under siege, don't repair the wall/gate while the offending siege is still out there. Destroy the siege first, then repair.
  3. Don't use too much supplies on repairs while defending, unless instructed by a commander. Other players also need supplies to build defensive sieges and to make emergency repairs later on.
  4. If you're following a commander, let the commander place sieges. Help building the sieges. Don't drop them yourself unless asked for.