A Suggestion about Match Making

Crozame.4098

Given the poor balance of the meta and the low player base, MM is already struggling. To make things worse, the fact that people queue on other classes and swap before games start, will make the MM even less playable, this is obvious, since the game actually played is not the same as the outcome of the MM.

Of course, it is undesirable to restrict people from swapping in game. However, the following might make the situation much better:

MM base on the classed played in the previous ranked game, not the class they are queing with. If the previous game is empty, them use the class currently queing for MM.

PS. I mean... lol... The above is sort of "second best" in terms of mechanism design, since ANET will never ban char swap before game starts.

PS 2: just think about it, do you think its fair to duo q as thief and then swap? or que with some B tier class and then swap to something insane~. Given that we cannot ask ANET to ban pre-game swap, then MM based on previous game played is the only solution.

Edited by Crozame.4098

On 1/31/2022 at 6:26 AM, Crozame.4098 said:

Given the poor balance of the meta and the low player base, MM is already struggling. To make things worse, the fact that people queue on other classes and swap before games start, will make the MM even less playable, this is obvious, since the game actually played is not the same as the outcome of the MM.

Of course, it is undesirable to restrict people from swapping in game. However, the following might make the situation much better:

MM base on the classed played in the previous ranked game, not the class they are queing with. If the previous game is empty, them use the class currently queing for MM.

We have imaginary scenarios about people with tough matches and too many of one class, but it is because they also swap during the map selection.

Just lock everyone in from the moment they queue, no swapping.

People will choose better what they really want to play.

kitten matches are a real thing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Don't like the OP idea. For example, your team had no support (and enemy team has one) and in a result you decide to change to it. Then next game you want to play as duelist, but now MMR will sign you up as support?

Its just way simpler to lock the class you start queue with.

Said many times before. There would be less match manipulation if professions were locked the moment queues are accepted, the system also supports the fact that if there's not enough variety in the current player queue, it'll pick apart of the bunch anyway to fill in the games.

By forcing players to commit, you bring together all the stale meta builds that obviously don't work well when multiplied and therefor introduce variety for people to innovate their builds if they care to have a better chance at winning rather than being a one trick pony team that can most likely be countered one way or another if the other team is smart enough.

I've seen teams of double tempests and triple necromancers lose games despite their better chance because of mere proper rotation anyway, surely just having people be bored of playing the same or having a high of being teamed with their same exact build is not something they want either if you end up losing on damage or effects that don't stack as good.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Arveleg.2364 said:

Don't like the OP idea. For example, your team had no support (and enemy team has one) and in a result you decide to change to it. Then next game you want to play as duelist, but now MMR will sign you up as support?

Its just way simpler to lock the class you start queue with.

thats exactly why we need this. To make the MM more balanced. Because it will reduce the probability that one side has a support and other side does. Because in much more cases, both teams do not have a support but one team swapped to it. And because most players dont know how to rotate around it, even at p1 and p2 rating, its just impossible to win.

Also, in your second game, you can also swap back to duelist if you want.

As I said, this is the "second best" because we cannot force people to lock the class they queue with. 

Edited by Crozame.4098

This is not a game of classes…this is a game about builds. Just because you are a guardian does not mean you are a support. Just because you are on a thief doesn’t mean you are a roamer…just because your on a ranger doesn’t mean you are a duelist.

Class locking would do nothing but make the game frustrating to play…and that’s about it. There is no magic balance button solution. I mean did you even think for 5 minutes the consequences of such things? 

4 minutes ago, JusticeRetroHunter.7684 said:

This is not a game of classes…this is a game about builds. Just because you are a guardian does not mean you are a support. Just because you are on a thief doesn’t mean you are a roamer…just because your on a ranger doesn’t mean you are a duelist.

Class locking would do nothing but make the game frustrating to play…and that’s about it. There is no magic balance button solution. I mean did you even think for 5 minutes the consequences of such things? 

Did I say class locking?... I mean did you even .. w/e. You are kitten as usual and I will not waste more of my time...

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Crozame.4098 said:

Did I say class locking?... I mean did you even .. w/e. You are kitten as usual and I will not waste more of my time...

I misread the context of the thread and your post (sorry), but that doesn't really change the situation. The idea is still pretty bad and makes no sense.

Edited by JusticeRetroHunter.7684
  • Confused 1