Can someone fix my game?

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I could launch my client like normal but this morning when I tried it kept crashing right after the account log-in screen. I wrote a ticket and got some help but none of them worked, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game like 3 times so far, deleted all overlay apps I know of (which were game bar and discord I had), ran the -repair a couple of times between trying to launch, ran it as administrator, I ran the HiJackThis as they asked and sent it, no use.  This is what I tryed so far. I had Taco and ICM installed but I deleted both now.
I don't understand any programming and I thought that unintall/reinstall could make anything go back to default and work again. I don't have any ideas. 

Thank you if you have any suggestions, 

Have a nice day!

PS.: grab my daily log-in for me xd

21 minutes ago, Lamb.3671 said:

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I could launch my client like normal but this morning when I tried it kept crashing right after the account log-in screen. I wrote a ticket and got some help but none of them worked, I uninstalled and reinstalled the game like 3 times so far, deleted all overlay apps I know of (which were game bar and discord I had), ran the -repair a couple of times between trying to launch, ran it as administrator, I ran the HiJackThis as they asked and sent it, no use.  This is what I tryed so far. I had Taco and ICM installed but I deleted both now.
I don't understand any programming and I thought that unintall/reinstall could make anything go back to default and work again. I don't have any ideas. 

Thank you if you have any suggestions, 

Have a nice day!

PS.: grab my daily log-in for me xd

Im not sure what to suggest off hand. Taco is safe and pretty stable, generally, but will only be visible if the game client is run in windowed mode. If you can get to chracter select but it crashes when the game loads I would want to guess it has to do with graphics, but thats just a guess.

You should never let others login with your account. Far as I know Anet support would never offer this, but I could be wrong. but be careful and try to make sure to keep private things like your login info private. Its ok to give the info in the fields in the ticket form but be careful.

Off hand I would suggest trying command line arguments on the gw2.exe/gw2-64.exe with a desktop shortcut. You can find a list of them here:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Command_line_arguments

Some of them will bypass default settings that may be related to your crash. It might help isolate and solve the issue. I will post again if I can think of  a better suggestion.

Also specify if you are on Win 10 or Win 11 and which dx might help. Off hand I would try -windowed and the others that can force dx9 or dx11 and anthing that might change what loads and see if one works then find a solution based on what you discover.

Edited by Moradorin.6217

Hi, thank you, I will try the command line arguments, never done it before tho.

They only asked for the txt of the log from the Hijackthis. I checked only system info were in, as far as I saw and understood ..xd

I won't give any credentials. 

I'm on W10 and were trying the new beta of the dx which were available in the settings. Also tryed it to force back with a shortcut command line or what... it still didn't run.

I can't even reach caracter select.

I ran the "-diag" command and command line and in the diagagnostics part I only found 2 things:

1. the 

P1: MicrosoftEdgeUpdate.exe
P2: 1.3.155.77
P3: InstallError
P4: 0x80040810
P5: 
P6: 

which I don't know what has to do which all this, i don't like edge..

2nd

P1: Gw2-64.exe
P2: 1.0.0.1
P3: Guild Wars 2 Game Client
P4: Guild Wars 2
P5: ArenaNet
P6: 100
P7: 0
P8:  

or something... as I said, I don't know anything about programming just trying to gather info so someone who acutally undrestands these lines, might help me.. :,3

You say you dislike edge. Did you use any tool to remove it from your system?
otherwise I would suggest running it once and check if it is up to date.

What kind of crash are you actually experiencing?
Do you get an error message?
Do you get a frozen screen?
Do you get a frozen system?
does everything dissapear and the OS runs as usual?

If you get a frozen screen or system, what do you do to get back to  normal?

How did you uninstall the game?
Can you try the the following command line options?

run the game with the option -dx9
run the game with the option -dx11
run the game with the option -dx9single
run the game with the option -prefreset (only if the three above did not make a difference)
As you did a repair, you propably know how, but here you'll find more info about running with a command line argument.

If -DX9 works, change the setting in the game to not run in DX11 mode
If -DX11 works, make sure the above setting is checked, but also report it here as it means there might be something wrong with your VGA-driver or DX9 (and it would be strange)
If -dx9single works, please let us know here. it works, but is not good for performance and indicates some serious issues.

12 minutes ago, mercury ranique.2170 said:

You say you dislike edge. Did you use any tool to remove it from your system?
otherwise I would suggest running it once and check if it is up to date.

What kind of crash are you actually experiencing?
Do you get an error message?
Do you get a frozen screen?
Do you get a frozen system?
does everything dissapear and the OS runs as usual?

If you get a frozen screen or system, what do you do to get back to  normal?

How did you uninstall the game?
Can you try the the following command line options?

run the game with the option -dx9
run the game with the option -dx11
run the game with the option -dx9single
run the game with the option -prefreset (only if the three above did not make a difference)
As you did a repair, you propably know how, but here you'll find more info about running with a command line argument.

If -DX9 works, change the setting in the game to not run in DX11 mode
If -DX11 works, make sure the above setting is checked, but also report it here as it means there might be something wrong with your VGA-driver or DX9 (and it would be strange)
If -dx9single works, please let us know here. it works, but is not good for performance and indicates some serious issues.

I installed and updated the edge.

The crash happens right after I press the PLAY button after I typed in my e-address and password. I see a white flash on the whole screen like a page would like to open up. Than it vanishes instantly, leaving a smaller white box on the right side of my screen, as wide as like the middle of the start menu, and as high as my screen. Than a text appear " a serious error has occured that prevent the program from continuing to run ... " afte ri exit it or send the report my system is back to normal. I get a high peak (I have a weak laptop I play on) on the processor and it goes back to normal instantly the error message opens.

For uninstall, I opened the folder of the game where I downloaded and deleted from there and than from the bin. Or deleted it directly from the applications list. 

OK. You solved it for me. Thank you very much! I will keep writing it so maybe it will be helpful for someone else.

I did the dx9 and others (hours ago too though and nothing happened) and the -prefreset now, at the end after the others, and it solved it. I saw it on the command line argument list before but I didn't want to delete all my ingame settings so I stayed from it XD

THANK YOU!!!!

ps.: why did this happened possibly? What should I do to not make it repeat? 

Thank you a lot!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lamb.3671 said:

I installed and updated the edge.

The crash happens right after I press the PLAY button after I typed in my e-address and password. I see a white flash on the whole screen like a page would like to open up. Than it vanishes instantly, leaving a smaller white box on the right side of my screen, as wide as like the middle of the start menu, and as high as my screen. Than a text appear " a serious error has occured that prevent the program from continuing to run ... " afte ri exit it or send the report my system is back to normal. I get a high peak (I have a weak laptop I play on) on the processor and it goes back to normal instantly the error message opens.

For uninstall, I opened the folder of the game where I downloaded and deleted from there and than from the bin. Or deleted it directly from the applications list. 

OK. You solved it for me. Thank you very much! I will keep writing it so maybe it will be helpful for someone else.

I did the dx9 and others (hours ago too though and nothing happened) and the -prefreset now, at the end after the others, and it solved it. I saw it on the command line argument list before but I didn't want to delete all my ingame settings so I stayed from it XD

THANK YOU!!!!

ps.: why did this happened possibly? What should I do to not make it repeat? 

Thank you a lot!

No problem, glad it got fixed. To answer your p.s. question. It is the main reason why I wanted you to this option as last. As the settings have been reset, it is impossible to tell for sure.

looking at what you describe, it has something to do with the graphics option. The most important suspect (the dx11 option) is not the one. If you havent fiddled with the settings, most likely it has to do with the windowed mode/full screen/ supported resolution (and most likely a combo). These are easy to mess things up and fits your desription.