It took almost a decade but FINALLY!! :D

FINALLY!!! 

I just watched the new EoD features trailer and honestly that leviathan event is easily the most hyped thing in there for me at this point.
Ever since the original Gw2 Manifesto trailer I have been wanting a big underwater world boss and I have been wanting to see a massive living leviathan fill that role. 
And it killed me that both of them got cut from the game.

But in End of Dragons we are finally getting a legit underwater leviathan worldboss/event!!
Anet you have no idea how much this alone just skyrocketed my hype for End of Dragons xD.. and I was already hyped for this expansion!!
Well done ^^

• Like 11
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 5

I am so ready for players to have even less clue what their skills do, have lvl 58 green weapons and helmets, incomplete runeset because most do not put a rune in their aquabreather. What can go wrong.

If anet somehow gated the boss behind having lvl 80 uw weapons and aquabreather i would be more excited. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 4

10 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

I am so ready for players to have even less clue what their skills do, have lvl 58 green weapons and helmets, incomplete runeset because most do not put a rune in their aquabreather. What can go wrong.

If anet somehow gated the boss behind having lvl 80 uw weapons and aquabreather i would be more excited. 

Or give a very easy way for players to get them, particularly the aquabreather, to the point that people will bother to buy gear.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DeanBB.4268 said:

You can get a level 80 aquabreather for karma in Orr or spend the gold for one off the trading post or buy one in Season 3 for currency + unbound magic. Does it get easier?

Not hard to get, but easy to forget. 

I've experienced many times suddenly doing underwater content and realizing I have no weapon 😀

• Like 4
  • Haha 3

The trailer was awesome and while I'm super stoked for EoD I'm really curious as to what the whole marketing plan was with keeping the release date under wraps.

It kinda feels like the only surprise is that there was no surprise...

Feb 28th was what people guessed the moment ANet said they would release "at the end of February". And there were twitter leaks of ANet "planning something big" for announcing the actual release date. This was further exacerbated when they released the preview schedule for February up to Feb 18th and then nothing. If the "planning something big" was simply the leviathan--no harm no foul. It is pretty cool!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Teratus.2859 said:

FINALLY!!! 

I just watched the new EoD features trailer and honestly that leviathan event is easily the most hyped thing in there for me at this point.
Ever since the original Gw2 Manifesto trailer I have been wanting a big underwater world boss and I have been wanting to see a massive living leviathan fill that role. 
And it killed me that both of them got cut from the game.

But in End of Dragons we are finally getting a legit underwater leviathan worldboss/event!!

I second that. 😃

Hopefully, we will get something similar in regard of the Deep Sea Dragon! 😍 Just not another "Here, have half of the dragon to poke its eye out or shoot it with beams!" fight again, please. :classic_rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Confused 5

I expected some form of underwater content in this expansion, half the reason because Cantha seems to be an island and the other half because Siege turtle was advertized as an underwater and land combat mount.

However I still dont understand why some spec are just unfit for underwater combat. Mechanist is a great example. Hopefully they will address that on launch.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 2/2/2022 at 12:34 AM, Tails.9372 said:

They never called it a world boss, for all we know this could also be a SM boss or something like the marionette.

The scene is being captioned with "monumental large scale events", so doubt it'll be a 10-player SM boss, but it can be like marionette/dragonstorm (if not OW).

Apparently facts are still super confusing for some people 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 6

3 hours ago, Kaliwenda.3428 said:

In the trailer it looks to me like one poor person is in position to be the pre-fight snack...

Hehe I wonder if there will be a similar phase like in the Triple Trouble fight where players must be consumed to attack a weak spot inside the creatures stomach.

It would be pretty cool to see a new boss fight using that theme again, Outside of Kralkatorrik in season 4 I can only recall the Meta in Silverwastes having anything else like that.

8 hours ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

It was today that I realised most of my characters didn't have the skills set for underwater. Lol

Haha yeah I think a lot of players have probably done that as well.

It saddens me in all honesty though, it speaks to how much this area of Gw2 has been so neglected over the years despite being imo such a great feature of the game that demands far more attention than it has gotten over the years.

There are no MMO's out there that do underwater content better than Gw2 if you ask me.
I love this part of the game even despite the fact I have thalassophobia.
It's so good to see new content coming for underwater, and I hope to see a lot more of it in the future.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tails.9372 said:

They never called it a world boss, for all we know this could also be a SM boss or something like the marionette.

Yeah that's definitely possible.

Although a big Leviathan world boss was planned for the Vanilla Gw2 game but was sadly cut pre launch, if you watch the Gw2 manifesto trailer from 2011 you can see it teased at the end of the trailer.

While it's not guaranteed to be a world boss, it's a very easy assumption to make since the leviathan is a giant world boss class type creature and we know there was originally one planned for the game.

Plus Anet has added new world bosses to the game over the years such as Triple Trouble, Death Branded Shatterer and Drakkar so I would think it very very possible for this Leviathan to be a proper new world boss, and the first long overdue underwater one 😄