Apply bonus icons to clones also (WvW)

Avion Blade.4869

Example, If I have a guild bonus icon on me, and I summon a clone, it should also apply to the clone. As far as I know, the only icons clones share also is if I am equipped with a polyluminescent undulating refractor (Cat's Shadow, or Gourde Vibrations; from the black or orange colors). For now if the mesmer target breaks, it is easy for anyone to hit the tab key or just click on clones to look at the one mesmer which has buffs when the other doesnt. Using food and utility is also like painting a target on yourself with this. The players know (for now) it is easy to find the real mesmer by tab targeting or clicking on the clones checking their icons. That is unfair to the class mechanic, and bypasses the purpose of clones and deception.

I know that other mesmers are aware of this, but it is time to speak up about it. When using builds that are not dependent at cloak, the mesmer is supposed to use its target breaking abilities + clone summoning to help hide in plain sight, instead of hiding in shadows (which is more of a thief thing). 

Therefore, the mesmer has technically been playing handicapped because the clones do not reflect the bonuses put on the mesmer, essentially negating one of the purpose of clones. If I have food and utility on me and a guild bonus and borderland bloodlust, and I summon clones; they should also have those bonuses applied. This is so that tab-targeting is no longer the key to easily find the mesmer.

For non-mesmer players fearing never finding the real mesmer, (without using the tab-target key) the mesmer gives away itself with a more frequent attack speed/rate, and obvious player-like movement. Also pay attention to the projectiles or attack the mesmer(s) give you, the one who hits you hardest is the player, and the one who is more tanky when you hit the "clone" is the player.

The only icons which will not be shared to the clones are the trait producing effects such as blocking with off-hand sword (shows a sword icon), or using Illusion trait line where summoning a clone gives you a purple icon showing a damage buff, or duelist trait line option with sword icon from sword/spear attacks giving ferocity bonuses. Because it is not the clones which produce the bonuses but the summoning of the clones giving the bonus to the real mesmer. And only that bonus should be the one set apart from the other clones, the rest are shared via duplication because they are clones.

The clones are already fragile and easy to kill, and if the mesmer player is standing and place acting like one, the mesmer is not dealing much dps at all compared to bursting or attacking normally instead of slowly. For now, it is easy to tab-target to look for the mesmer. The purpose of the mesmer is misdirection; but for now having buffs not shared on clones is like a self-give away.

Again, if I have distortion on me, it will not be on the clones of course since they shatter. And if I am blocking with scepter or sword, that icon will not be on clones, but if I have buffs on me (not the boons but the icons shaped square from whatever field bonus such as food or towers owned by guilds with bonus), it should also be on clones.

Again also, if I summon a clone with the illusion trait, the clone will not have compounding power, only the mesmer will as usual. Because the clone is not the one that summons, but the mesmer.

I also forgot to add, if I have signets up, the clones will also have the signet icons, but those signets on the clones are only decoration and are inactive on the clones, only active on the player.

I am sure by now you may get the point. Thanks.

Edited by Avion Blade.4869
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Avion Blade.4869 said:

For non-mesmer players fearing never finding the real mesmer, (without using the tab-target key) the mesmer gives away itself with a more frequent attack speed/rate, and obvious player-like movement. Also pay attention to the projectiles or attack the mesmer(s) give you, the one who hits you hardest is the player, and the one who is more tanky when you hit the "clone" is the player.

I am sure by now you may get the point. Thanks.

No?

Having to observe several new "enemy objects" on the screen, discriminating between "clone behaviour"  and the real Mesmer and tab-ing to target the one you want to hit (most likely the Mes), is already a good distraction. If you can focus on the bonus icons, you have a slightly bigger chance of getting the Mesmer, that does not compare to the advantage you get for your visual distraction. Pair that with a second Mes, or a minion master Necro and you can fill the screen with so much visual noise, you foe deserves the small benefit for tabbing to the enemy with the icons, IMO.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Pair that with a second Mes, or a minion master Necro and you can fill the screen with so much visual noise, you foe deserves the small benefit for tabbing to the enemy with the icons, IMO.

This right here. Part of the reason they're not fun to fight is due to how much visual clutter they create, especially in group fights. Its enough of an advantage. Though admittedly this is more of pvp gripe, not sure why anyone would even care in wvw. I guess for roaming? Regardless, tab targeting should always prioritize the actual enemy player, regardless if they're playing mesmer, petting zoo or some sort of ranger with adds.

~ Kovu

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

are you suggesting we buff mesmer? HELL NO XD

The visual clutter is already excessive and overwhelming for anyone that never played mesmer and therefore has no clue whats going on. Good players will find the clone anyways and newbies are having a hard time with mesmers already.

it is for sure a BIG NO from me!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, GoldenPants.1870 said:

It do need buffs but this isn’t it.

i SOMEWHAT agree... some builds could use a helping hand. But Trailblazer condi mirage is in a pretty good spot already.... Buffing it would be a big mistake... it is really unfun to play against a condi mesmer already....   a profession that wins thru visualclutter.... i think the design itself is very bad....

Edited by Sahne.6950