Chrono Greatsword Synergy Question

Sebrent.3625

For context, I'm aware of the builds posted for each game mode (Snow Crows, metabattle, etc.). Despite those, I still like to play around with builds.

Playing around a bit with Chrono I was noticing a synergy between Domination, Illusions, and Chronomancer with Mesmer Greatsword

Traits: 

1. Bountiful Blades ... Phantasmal Berserker summons an additional Berserker (phantasm)
  2. Compounding Power ... Creating an illusion increases your outgoing damage and gives increased condition damage (+2% Damage, +30 Condition Damage for 8s ... max stack 5)
  3. Phantasmal Haste ... Phantasms spawn with quickness. Gain quickness when you create a phantasm (1s)
  4. Phantasmal Force ... Phantasms deal increased strike damage for each stack of might you have. Gain might when your phantasms become clones.
  5. Chronophantasma ... The first time a Phantasm would become a clone, it instead resummons itself and attacks again.

So when I cast just Phantasmal Berserker on my greatsword ...

... initially

1. 2 phantasmal power
  2. 2s of quickness

... when they resummon theirselves

1. 4 phantasmal power (+2 from previous)
  2. 2s of quickenss again
  3. 4 stacks of might

... when they become clones

1. 5 phantasmal power (+2 from previous but caps at 5)
  2. 8 stacks of might (+4 from previous)
  3. 2 clones ready to shatter

Anyone else use this for any game modes? Why or why not? Honestly, I'm just curious about others' experiences.

• Thanks 1

Although the synergies you mentioned are legit and are used in PvP and WvW, the issue is that neither domi, nor illusions offer a sustainable source of fury (on top of juicy dmg modifiers), which is very important. So for PvE you kind of always want to spec dueling, unless it's some specific encounter where you are short on might uptime but 100% sure fury will be covered by someone else.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2022 at 8:34 AM, Sebrent.3625 said:

For context, I'm aware of the builds posted for each game mode (Snow Crows, metabattle, etc.). Despite those, I still like to play around with builds.

Playing around a bit with Chrono I was noticing a synergy between Domination, Illusions, and Chronomancer with Mesmer Greatsword

Traits: 

1. Bountiful Blades ... Phantasmal Berserker summons an additional Berserker (phantasm)
  2. Compounding Power ... Creating an illusion increases your outgoing damage and gives increased condition damage (+2% Damage, +30 Condition Damage for 8s ... max stack 5)
  3. Phantasmal Haste ... Phantasms spawn with quickness. Gain quickness when you create a phantasm (1s)
  4. Phantasmal Force ... Phantasms deal increased strike damage for each stack of might you have. Gain might when your phantasms become clones.
  5. Chronophantasma ... The first time a Phantasm would become a clone, it instead resummons itself and attacks again.

So when I cast just Phantasmal Berserker on my greatsword ...

... initially

1. 2 phantasmal power
  2. 2s of quickness

... when they resummon theirselves

1. 4 phantasmal power (+2 from previous)
  2. 2s of quickenss again
  3. 4 stacks of might

... when they become clones

1. 5 phantasmal power (+2 from previous but caps at 5)
  2. 8 stacks of might (+4 from previous)
  3. 2 clones ready to shatter

Anyone else use this for any game modes? Why or why not? Honestly, I'm just curious about others' experiences.

Okay so spawning a phantasm and when they are destroyed you get the quickness application. When chronophantasma trait is equipped it goes phantasm phantasm then clone, but you still get the double might. 

The best way to run the Greatsword is to actually not use bountiful blades but  rather the dueling trait fencer's finesse. Then by opening with Sword off hand you can get some extra ferocity, not to mention the extra fury application from phantasmal fury. 

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

When chronophantasma trait is equipped it goes phantasm phantasm then clone, this mean it will not double up on might.

the might from phantasmal force does double up/proc twice with chronophantasma because the phantasm “respawning” is triggered by it becoming a clone for the first time

5 hours ago, Noodle Ant.1605 said:

the might from phantasmal force does double up/proc twice with chronophantasma because the phantasm “respawning” is triggered by it becoming a clone for the first time

Oh I did have it wrong, I guess the second phantasm counts as a clone for the trait

• Confused 1

On 2/2/2022 at 9:39 PM, mage from the hood.5129 said:

Although the synergies you mentioned are legit and are used in PvP and WvW, the issue is that neither domi, nor illusions offer a sustainable source of fury (on top of juicy dmg modifiers), which is very important. So for PvE you kind of always want to spec dueling, unless it's some specific encounter where you are short on might uptime but 100% sure fury will be covered by someone else.

Just take Run of the Pack and see what happens. You share Fury to the Phantasms and they give it back to you.