Ping problem only in Guild Wars 2

Hello.

I've been having ping problems for the last 2 months and i have no idea why. It only happens in Guild Wars 2, not in any other online game. Contacted ISP several times, said that I had ping problems and every time they told me that they had fixed it.

The ping goes like this: Say I am playing right now, it is fine for around 10 seconds and then BOOM huge ping spike to 300-600 for a brief moment and goes back to normal. Again in 10ish seconds BOOM huge ping spike. It is like this: .......l.........l........l.......l......l...... This is perpetuated for HOURS but what is weird is that this does not happen every day but most of the days.

It feels to me I have terrible connection to Guild Wars 2. Is there any solution for this?

Thanks.

are you having these ping spikes ONLY in Gw2?  lets say you have teamspeak open at the same time and the ping there stays low?I had a similar problem. My router was using some weird Ports to connect to gw2 servers.... i dont quite remember anymore it was 6 years ago... I blocked these specific ports in my router so gw2 had to use diffrent ones. it fixed the problem for me. if you google for more then 5 seconds you will find out which ports to block.

Edit: ohh wait.. Nvm that was in ESO XDDD    sorry im not quite awake yet. but it could be a similar problem.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Confused 1

• 1 year later...

this problem has rised again and its been going on for 2 weeks already. nothing i did helped and honestly i cannot play this game anymore. every 10 seconds im getting insane ping and delays and i just get disconnected from time to time. something is disrupting my connection to gw2 servers (AWS). its very frustrating. it NEVER stops

• Haha 1