Some espec idea for warrior - General

Raffrey.5271

Maybe not this time, but if it seems like a good one, maybe save it for the next expansion? Anyway...

General

Support centric. 

New weapon would be 450-600 mid range staff. 

Necromancer staff skills' animations add a shadow-y scythe to the staff. Do something similar to warrior's staff, but make it a ghostly flag or something. 

Auto attack slaps the flag on the face of your foe and grant might or something to nearby allies when hit. One dash/leap skill for maybe skill 3. Skill 5 would be to whirl for 3s and block projectiles and grant alacrity/vigor to nearby allies for each projectile blocked but has a limit for each ally. The others idk.

Burst will be replaced with something like herald's Glint Stance toggle skill. Maybe have one or two more profession skills (F1-F3). Or maybe just F1 is good enough idk. One would pulse damage while the other pulse heals or boons or conditions or something. Usable when adrenaline is full and slowly deplete adrenaline when activated. There would be traits that affect how these profession skills behave. One of the minor traits would be to lower power by a bit but add to vitality/toughness/healing/concentration.

Command skills for new utility skills. The healing skill would be like heal yourself, nearby allies' out going heal increase by 20% for like 5s. Some utility skill would be to remove conditions, nearby allies cleanse one more condition each time they remove a condition for like 5s. Some other utility skill would grant nearby allies with a unique effect A and inflict your foe with a unique effect B that last 5s, allies with effect A deals increased damage to said foe with effect B. Break stun skill would be to break stun (of course) and grant stability, protection and resolution to yourself, and nearby allies grant protection and resolution when they grant stability. The others idk.

... and that's it. Gonna just leave it here.

Oh and... to the devs, do something to core banner please. Maybe make it pulse boons instead. Then make berserker more condi focused and slap on some more sustain to core? idk warrior really isn't enjoyable to play imo.

6 hours ago, Raffrey.5271 said:

Oh and... to the devs, do something to core banner please. Maybe make it pulse boons instead. Then make berserker more condi focused and slap on some more sustain to core? idk warrior really isn't enjoyable to play imo.

Banners giving unique boons is the one thing that keeps Warrior relevant in higher-end PvE.

If they pulsed boons, which already are sufficiently covered by other profession's meta builds, Warrior would lose the last remainder of relevance.

I agree that Warrior needs a support specialization though. However, It'd rather see a 900 range one-hand weapon. It could have access to Sceptres, which would be thrown like Javelins. The utilities and F-abilities could be based on GW1's Paragon's Chants and Echoes.

Edited by Fueki.4753

16 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Banners giving unique boons is the one thing that keeps Warrior relevant in higher-end PvE.

If they pulsed boons, which already are sufficiently covered by other profession's meta builds, Warrior would lose the last remainder of relevance.

I agree that Warrior needs a support specialization though. However, It'd rather see a 900 range one-hand weapon. It could have access to Sceptres, which would be thrown like Javelins. The utilities and F-abilities could be based on GW1's Paragon's Chants and Echoes.

Boon granting banners would be a greater help to open world play.

I don't raid so I don't know exactly how powerful are the banners, but I think they will do just fine without these unique banner buffs. 

Give the warrior more damage could solve that high-end PvE relevance problem but there's another problem that, with warrior being so easy to play, and by easy I mean, mechanic wise it's easier than the other eight, devs are being hesitate to give them too much damage? So they don't become 'too easy'?

2 hours ago, Raffrey.5271 said:

Boon granting banners would be a greater help to open world play.

I don't raid so I don't know exactly how powerful are the banners, but I think they will do just fine without these unique banner buffs. 

Give the warrior more damage could solve that high-end PvE relevance problem but there's another problem that, with warrior being so easy to play, and by easy I mean, mechanic wise it's easier than the other eight, devs are being hesitate to give them too much damage? So they don't become 'too easy'?

If Warrior Banners granted boons, why would you even bother bringing a Warrior, when Firebrand can put out the same boons and more?

If easy to play when an indicator, both Revenant and Necromancer should have lower damage than Warrior, as those two are easier to play than Warrior (and least in my opinion). To me, it feels like Arenanet simply doesn't want Warrior to be on par.

Edited by Fueki.4753

Banners could also pulse condis in their area:

Strength: burning 1 stack for 8s per pulse, 5 target cap

Discipline: weakness 2s per pulse, 5 target cap (cause its crit related)

Defense: vulnerability 2 stacks for 8s per pulse, 5 target cap

Tactics: poison 1 stack for 8s per pulse, 5 target cap (inverse of the healing theme)

Battle Standard: Cripple 2s, weakness 2s, and vulnerability 2 stacks for 8s per pulse, 5 target cap.

Double Standards would then double the applications per pulse.

I could get behind that if they remain static and never get mounted to the back. Give us our own floor vomit!

16 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

If Warrior Banners granted boons, why would you even bother bringing a Warrior, when Firebrand can put out the same boons and more?

If easy to play when an indicator, both Revenant and Necromancer should have lower damage than Warrior, as those two are easier to play than Warrior (and least in my opinion). To me, it feels like Arenanet simply doesn't want Warrior to be on par.

Warrior may not ever take others' places. After a few glances on EoD especs and traits on gw2skills, I think EoD will only shift DPS meta, with supports remain the same, since they are so solid. But warrior needs to be able to do more. I mean, by replacing these unique banner buffs with boons or conditions, warrior may not be relevant to high-end PvE anymore, but I can see more people playing warrior in open world. 

I agree that practically speaking many other classes are obviously much easier to play than warrior. It's just that warrior really doesn't have much to memorize. Unless you swap weapon your weapon skills won't change (with gunsaber being the first exception). You don't have energy / illusions to manage. When you play warrior, you're on your own. No 2nd HP bar or pet's health to pay attention to. Your profession skill is basically just another weapon skill. You just have to press skills off cooldown and maybe time your CC or dodge and that's about it. Not exactly braindead class but is the most braindead out of all (unless you play spellbreaker). But still, warrior should be able to do more than that. Much more. 

11 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Banners could also pulse condis in their area:

Strength: burning 1 stack for 8s per pulse, 5 target cap

Discipline: weakness 2s per pulse, 5 target cap (cause its crit related)

Defense: vulnerability 2 stacks for 8s per pulse, 5 target cap

Tactics: poison 1 stack for 8s per pulse, 5 target cap (inverse of the healing theme)

Battle Standard: Cripple 2s, weakness 2s, and vulnerability 2 stacks for 8s per pulse, 5 target cap.

Double Standards would then double the applications per pulse.

I could get behind that if they remain static and never get mounted to the back. Give us our own floor vomit!

Whoa. 2s weakness per pulse is very scary you know. If the interval is like 3s, you only need 50% condition duration to maintain permanent weakness. Effectively render trash mobs trash. Don't think the balancing team would allow that.

I'm more for boons. More sustains. Especially for condi builds.

30 minutes ago, Raffrey.5271 said:

Warrior may not ever take others' places. After a few glances on EoD especs and traits on gw2skills, I think EoD will only shift DPS meta, with supports remain the same, since they are so solid. But warrior needs to be able to do more. I mean, by replacing these unique banner buffs with boons or conditions, warrior may not be relevant to high-end PvE anymore, but I can see more people playing warrior in open world. 

I agree that practically speaking many other classes are obviously much easier to play than warrior. It's just that warrior really doesn't have much to memorize. Unless you swap weapon your weapon skills won't change (with gunsaber being the first exception). You don't have energy / illusions to manage. When you play warrior, you're on your own. No 2nd HP bar or pet's health to pay attention to. Your profession skill is basically just another weapon skill. You just have to press skills off cooldown and maybe time your CC or dodge and that's about it. Not exactly braindead class but is the most braindead out of all (unless you play spellbreaker). But still, warrior should be able to do more than that. Much more. 

Whoa. 2s weakness per pulse is very scary you know. If the interval is like 3s, you only need 50% condition duration to maintain permanent weakness. Effectively render trash mobs trash. Don't think the balancing team would allow that.

I'm more for boons. More sustains. Especially for condi builds.

Not like there are auto attacks with 100% weakness uptime already though, so it's not like I suggested something OP out of left field...

On 2/6/2022 at 12:27 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Not like there are auto attacks with 100% weakness uptime already though, so it's not like I suggested something OP out of left field...

Mace is melee. With it being only inflict weakness at the end of your auto attack chain kind of locks you in AA, with little room for other skills/actions. Banner that weakens your foes in a large radius AoE manner, almost instantly right after you drop your banner, before you get so up close or for they to have the chance to hit you, is completely different. 

Don't get me wrong. Your idea is brilliant. Especially this weakening banner stuff. It would be great to have it. I'd love to see it happen. It could significantly increase warrior's survivability in open world. 

...it's just that I doubt if it will really happen. 

7 hours ago, Raffrey.5271 said:

Mace is melee. With it being only inflict weakness at the end of your auto attack chain kind of locks you in AA, with little room for other skills/actions. Banner that weakens your foes in a large radius AoE manner, almost instantly right after you drop your banner, before you get so up close or for they to have the chance to hit you, is completely different. 

Don't get me wrong. Your idea is brilliant. Especially this weakening banner stuff. It would be great to have it. I'd love to see it happen. It could significantly increase warrior's survivability in open world. 

...it's just that I doubt if it will really happen. 

My statement was a global one, not just one about warrior. There is plenty of 100% weakness uptime across the professions even warrior with Body Blow traited.

But, there is little 100% AoE weakness uptime. That would be a great niche to have access too, and would be great in instanced content, would be great when fighting on a point, and is indeed brilliant tyvm 😉

2 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

Remember when banners were carreables and had casteable skills?

Shame instead of working on top of that they decided to just remove the thing completely

But everyone is aware of the extremely OP interaction between bundle banners and Rune of Engineer so they nerfed the banners immediately as to not see warrior dominate all metas!!!

• Sad 2

20 minutes ago, Mesket.5728 said:

Remember when banners were carreables and had casteable skills?

Shame instead of working on top of that they decided to just remove the thing completely

See, those right there could have been worked with to produce actual support builds for warrior, instead Anet took the lazy kitten way out. Tactics banner had a heal on it for crying out load.

Compassionate Banner/history - Guild Wars 2 Wiki (GW2W)

That plus Vigorous Shouts and you could be pumping healing out in a steady flow.

• Like 1