Duo Q Issues

ixon.2496

Bringing back 5 man ranked queue.  

46 members have voted

1. 1. How would you feel about opening ranked back up?

• I'm for it.
    • I'm against it.
    • I'm indifferent.

34 minutes ago, ixon.2496 said:

In EU right now there are 4 people in legend rank.  Not even enough for one team. At least with 5 man, even off season 5 man, people can aim to climb there and genuinely influence their chances with communication, chosen team comp and strategy. 

This dice roll of team composition and random teammate quality removes so much of the players ability to influence the outcome. That isn't competitive. There is only so much you can do to carry a team to victory, and thats without afk/throwers tipping the scales. 

As it stands the ladder it completely pointless. And its not due to population size,  it's by design. 

It is 100% a population issue though. If there were enough people playing then it would be impossible to que dodge the best teams playing at any given time. There would always be another team that is around your teams skill level to fight. In gw2s current state that isnt possible. It would end up just like ATs where one team has nearly a 100% win rate, except so would the other top 5 teams since it would be so easy to que dodge. That sounds a lot less competitive than solo que to me.

To be clear I dont hate the idea of team ques, as long as there is still a solo que division that is kept separate. However with gw2 I really dont see that working out very well not matter how its implemented.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Indifferent, unless you mean 5-man premades against random SoloQs then i'd be against.

Its bad enough with DuoQ

I'd be more for a SoloQ only Ranked arena and a TeamQ only Ranked arena existing separately at once.

I don't think it would affect the population all that much because i'm fairly certain most would play SoloQ, given a chance.

And playing solo and playing with a team are two wholly different experiences. I doubt anyone would commit solely to one Ranked arena unless it was SoloQ.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Indifferent, unless you mean 5-man premades against random SoloQs then i'd be against.

Its bad enough with DuoQ

I'd be more for a SoloQ only Ranked arena and a TeamQ only Ranked arena existing separately at once.

Premade vs premade.  Seperate Queue or Off season.

It would be nice to have the option to be competitive as a party without time gated AT's or going unto unranked which isn't very useful as practice fighting build crafters and pugs.  

I dont think solo/duo queue should be removed. Just that 5 man should be enabled seperately and see how it goes. With the state things are in already its not a massive risk or a huge undertaking. Something needs to change for PvP, more than just balance, and i think that would be a start.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/4/2022 at 2:06 PM, ixon.2496 said:

Name a single successful ranked competitve game that limits your party to 2 and forces you to play with random teammates.

Small db, if u take away the ppl thay will q as 5, u will take 1h to find a match if u soloQ/duoQ

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Im just right for it cause of some reasons.

1. 5 man que would bring back coordinated Fights. A better Balance between teams. (ofcourse not if its a 5 Team vs 2 Team but even then it would be better than the kitten we see nowdays).

2. Better Balance between classes. It's a competetive gamemode so some builds are better to carry with then other ones in solo/duo que. A better organised Team would deal with this easily.

3. It would bring back more pvp guilds. This would also mean more people that are there to train people. This would also fix a big side of toxicity cause of more people get Trainer and more people will get better.

Edited by Pati.2438
  • Confused 1

• 2 months later...

This is an interesting thing. I have played back at release (2012/13) ... not played from end 2013 until June 2019. So I know the system back then - when for example the same thing as in unranked was allowed: 4 people in queue with 1 random or so.

I am in the mid/lower skill-tier and here we actually have the paradox thing (pretty often from my personal experience!) that the team with a duo loses vs. a team with 5 full randoms.

Not rarely it feels like those duos just seem to play their own match - not interacting with the other members with the team. (Or even sometimes trying to "command" them. They think everyone should play according to their strategy - not willing ot adjust to the situation if needed.)

Then it feels like a 5 vs. 3 vs. 2 with the 3 vs. 3 fighting each other (team with the duo) while the other 5 working together can farm them.

With bigger team sizes for example ... this might have less impact. team of 4 with 1 random could lead to less problemas and the random (depending on the person) might fit in not too bad.

Personally I am "bad" at combat and like to focus on overall strategy/tactics and watching the mini map trying to predict where the enemy might move. Instead of letting the enemy thief decapping close 100 times ... and then capping it back and just running away not even paying attention when he obviously is already halfway back to decap.

Edited by Luthan.5236

On 2/4/2022 at 2:09 PM, ixon.2496 said:

5 man Q was initially removed due to population/one sided matches. With the current 2 man Q it doesn't foster good teamplay, promotes toxicity of random teammates and we still have 100 - 500 one sided matches. 

I understand we have automated tournaments for 5 man, but those are time gated, difficult to get a full team practice for due to having to play unranked and require having a consistent team available.

With the curr

No and duoq should be removed as well at least at high ratings. Soloq only.

Either that or separate leaderboards for soloq and duoq, like Battlerite does.

Edited by agrippastrilemma.8741
  • Like 4

On 4/17/2022 at 2:15 PM, agrippastrilemma.8741 said:

No and duoq should be removed as well at least at high ratings. Soloq only.

Either that or separate leaderboards for soloq and duoq, like Battlerite does.

Solo Q only would be worse than Duo Q is now. 

Edited by ixon.2496
Correction
  • Confused 2