Well, its over. "Insulting people builds character"

Every community in every MMO to ever exist has rude people. If you cannot filter out and ignore rude people online, you may as well avoid the internet entirely, not just online games. There is a point at which you are not a victim anymore, when you are choosing to focus on the insults and choosing to be angry and offended. Here's a tip: if you choose to laugh it off, perhaps offer some snarky banter in return, you'll be happier and more able to enjoy the internet. If you can't do that, you can personalize your chat bar to completely remove map chat, say chat, and whispers--so that you cannot see if someone insults you. 

Edited by Weindrasi.3805
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

In 7 years I've been kicked from groups and berated over builds twice. Once for having a longbow on my second swap on a Dragon Hunter and once for playing a support-healer Tempest. One was DRMs and ive forgotten why the tempest was being poopoo'd on but it doesn't matter.

It sucks in the moment but I've learned to just roll with it. Take a break for the rest of the day, get back in a better head space and get back in the game to have fun. 

• Like 1

Locked thread as it seem that there's no constructive discussion coming from users simply telling OP to git gud. I would also like to remind OP that it is in it's right to report any toxic behaviour found in-game through the in-game report option and; to the rest of the community, that games are meant to be fun so please be civil and don't act like kittens.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 11
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1