Hot take for Berserker.

Azure The Heartless.3261

Berserker should be immune to weakness while in berserk form if you take Bloody Roar

That is all. With that one change:

• you punish any thieves not playing perfectly
  • you counter necros if you play well
  • you still have counter in terms of blind and fragility. 
Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 1

On 2/5/2022 at 5:56 AM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Eternal Champion should give Protection, Resolution, and Resistance for 2s on Primal Burst.

Bloody Roar could probably grant quickness and superspeed for 2s each on using a Primal Burst.

KoF is fine as is, but raise the burn duration back to +33% in competitive play.

Keep the Reso/Resi on Eternal Champ to mirror an ideal Revenge Counter with Resi/Reso.

Give the Prot to Rage Skill trait

Agreed on Burst of Speed refreshing somehow on Primal Burst (as always)

I say Dead or Alive should be Zerker's condi cleane trait, in that after dropping below 25% health, heal and gain increased healing from others and yourself, while also converting 3 condis to boons. Give it a 40 sec interval or a minute if it's OP ig..

2 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

Keep the Reso/Resi on Eternal Champ to mirror an ideal Revenge Counter with Resi/Reso.

Give the Prot to Rage Skill trait

That would be better on Savage Instinct. In addition to its current effects gain 3s of protection when you use a rage skill, primal burst, or berserk mode (mimicking KoF language here but purposefully excluding torch). Could probably remove the Feel No Pain effect from Savage Instinct and instead make Protection protect for more, like 50% strike damage reduction instead of 33%. Unlike Shroud this is from a boon and can be removed, so there is plenty of counterplay. Keep the stunbreak on berserk mode.

Agreed on Burst of Speed refreshing somehow on Primal Burst (as always)

Why it does not now and how that got through their redesign is beyond me.

I say Dead or Alive should be Zerker's condi cleane trait, in that after dropping below 25% health, heal and gain increased healing from others and yourself, while also converting 3 condis to boons. Give it a 40 sec interval or a minute if it's OP ig..

DorA is okay as is, it just needs scaling on the heal part and for it to cleanse conditions at the same time. Actually surprised that this doesn't have a 300s CD, but then neither does Unholy Sanctuary so...

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

DorA is okay as is, it just needs scaling on the heal part and for it to cleanse conditions at the same time. Actually surprised that this doesn't have a 300s CD, but then neither does Unholy Sanctuary so...

Fact is a sustain line needs to counter condis imo, so yeah even a normal cleane would do, just added the idea of not being bound to Zerk mode, especially with no F2

On 2/7/2022 at 12:37 PM, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

I get you, either way there should be scaling and some condi removal.

Idk about condi removal, but I think it would be good if DorA healed you when entering berserk mode (something like 1200-1500 with decent scaling) in addition to it's current effects.

I do like the idea of Savage instinct offering protection on burst/rage skill use, though.  That would be pretty powerful and it would definitely help make the rage skills more appealing.  Alternatively, I'd be fine if SI we're simply 2 seconds of NO damage (physical or condi) on entering berserk mode, too.

13 hours ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Also, I think Berserker's biggest problem is the time you spend outside berserk mode, esp since there is no manual exit. I think reducing the CD on Berserker to 10s in competitive would go a long ways toward solving this issue, even if nothing else changed.

We didnt have this problem... remember always angry? We did have tools not to be useless on downtime as we also retained our regular burst. 

Berserker just got worst with the "fix and tradeoff". This game is getting is worse and worse ever since.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mesket.5728 said:

We didnt have this problem... remember always angry? We did have tools not to be useless on downtime as we also retained our regular burst. 

Berserker just got worst with the "fix and tradeoff". This game is getting is worse and worse ever since.

I've only been playing for a little over a year now, so I unfortunately didn't get to experience that. Having regular bursts outside of Berserk definitely would have been nice. I can see why they made the changes they did, and I don't disagree with the concept of having trade-offs, but I think warrior gets slapped with a lot more (and harsher) trade-offs than other professions do. The -300 toughness penalty in Berserk, inability to manually exit, and longer CD on re-entry come to mind, esp when you compare it to something like Reaper.

Just now, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

No. No it isn't. They took buffs we were making recommendations for Core, and thus help all specs, and shoved them into the worst spec they've ever created.

We must go to a level beyond coping...A godly realm of not giving a kitten anymore. Yes, that is where we will find peace. 

Already on my 1 week break from GW2, looking forward to dropping.

12 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

We must go to a level beyond coping...A godly realm of not giving a kitten anymore. Yes, that is where we will find peace. 

Already on my 1 week break from GW2, looking forward to dropping.

Nah, just enjoy the game outside of competitive. Work on a legendary or something. There is new content coming soon, and then  a hopefully good balance patch.

1 minute ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Its a Japanese Anime inspired spec. If you've watched any that is subtitled they occasionally say English words, but with horribly bad accents, so he was mimicking that phrasing in order to make light of it.

Okay, I definitely didn’t pick up on that. Thank you for explaining 🙂