Ultimate GW2 Controller by Ruufio.1496 - Controller Support! Steam Release Support?

Ruufio.1496

This is currently out of date and no longer works. I am currently working on updating a released version.

Post the following link in your browser with the steam client running. Open with steam application to open to the configuration directly. Press the X button to apply it while in steam preview.

steam://controllerconfig/guild%20wars%202/2869649109

You must always run steam in big picture mode to play Guild Wars 2 with this configuration.

IMPORTANT

It has occurred to me that there are apparently 2 different sources of the GW2 exe that can be added to your non steam game library. Steam considers these to be totally separate games. So each one has totally different community steam configurations than the other. Which is odd. So if you cannot find or apply my steam configuration, then you need to add the other GW2 exe as your non steam game instead. In my case, I had to fix the path for the other one and add it as a non steam game.

FOR STEAM RELEASE

On 9/28/2022 at 4:11 PM, Vritrite.9310 said:

Oh wait, I managed to finagle it by downloading the game ( with a free account ) uploading the control scheme and then exporting it as a generalized template. :3

Ranger/Mechanist/Pet Classes

The pet segment of the video is actually not relevant for the Mechanist. Mechanist keybinds work properly without having to change anything as arenanet did those keybinds properly. The only class you will have to change keybinds for is ranger because they are annoyingly different.

Changes

09/21/22 Changed right stick camera movement from extra wide to wide.

09/23/22 Removed push to talk. Now hold X to fish. Fishing keybind is Q. Added skiff to mount radial as keypad9 . Changed weapon swap keybind to =

09/23/30 Made a fix to mount system that the addition of skiff broke.

Edited by Ruufio.1496
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
37 minutes ago, TheQuickFox.3826 said:

Any reason to use this over mouse and keyboard?

Some people just prefer sitting on a couch with a controller in their hand, playing on the TV.
Some have some sort of disability or injury that basically prevents them from properly using a mouse and keyboard (I personally know such a person).

• Like 1

No reason not to 🙂 . There is nothing that you can do on mouse and keyboard that I cannot do on a controller. And this isn't like an FPS game where a mouse has an obvious advantage - there is no advantage with a mouse here... OTHER than shadowsteps. You cannot perform twitch based instant/fast shadowsteps accurately on a controller. This only matters in SPvP really. But it's not like you can't do them. It just takes twice as long to aim the shadowstep and do it accurately.

The main advantage is that I can lay down in my bed and play. 😉

Edited by Ruufio.1496

• 1 month later...
17 hours ago, Vritrite.9310 said:

Would you happen to have this Controller Overlay for the Steam Release? 

Hmm, no, I do not. And I doubt that this carries over in such a way.

I suppose this will not work for the steam release, then, unless I were to buy the game again and remake it from scratch.

• Ruufio.1496 changed the title to Ultimate GW2 Controller by Ruufio.1496 - Controller Support! Steam Release Support?
  • 11 months later...
On 9/21/2022 at 6:20 AM, Ruufio.1496 said:

As an update I have now tested XBox One controllers as well as Xbox 360 controllers. Xbox One controllers work just fine with this configuration.😉 This is quite nice because now you have a brand new button on an Xbox One controller to use however you like.

https://imgur.com/ZS9MRUf

And as for how capable you can be on a controller:

https://imgur.com/CA1IEAo

That was the highest rank that I got in SPvP all on an xbox controller all solo q. It's unlikely that I would have been able to get much higher than that solo so I got just stopped there and decayed into nothing and went back to real life. I was trying for a title for a while but the stress and constant need to fight decay is too annoying.

I can't figure out how to get the Xbox button to stop bringing up the steam settings overlay.

Then again, I can't find your settings at all and trying to use  steam://controllerconfig/guild%20wars%202/2869649109  doesn't work for some reason.

Steam's new Big Picture Mode makes me sad. It's so bad... I don't know what was wrong with the old one.

Edited by Llethander.3972

• 1 month later...

the link steam://controllerconfig/guild%20wars%202/2869649109 is not working for some reason 😞

okay i have to start the game as a non-steam game

edit : even after i added as a non-steam game, i cant find the controller settings? 😞 can you please help?

Edited by Gilavin.2145

• 2 months later...