27 minutes ago, Duglaive.5236 said:

I still find it odd that in the latest trailer we hear the commander saying something along the lines of Cantha being the most powerful nation on Tyria (due to Jade tech), and they don't trust us ... But they are willing to let us have siege turtles with Jade cannons, our engineers to run around with Jade mechs, and now Jade bots as personal assistants.

Would you give all that to people you don't trust and let them run around with it?

I expect we'll work all that out in the story.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Just popping in quickly to say that I'm keeping an eye on responses and questions throughout the community to make sure Friday's episode of Guild Chat is as informative as it can be! (We might not be able to answer every single question, ofc, but I'll do my best!)

Please add an option to hide the visuals of the jade bots of other players.

The visual clutter already is out of hands and these bots likely will only make it even worse.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, jokke.6239 said:

We will probably have to earn their trust before we get the goodies

18 minutes ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I expect we'll work all that out in the story.

Well, yeah, that's pretty obvious. I just think it'll have to happen fairly quickly or the uproar could get pretty loud - we all know how that goes 😒  And in the case of the mechanist I suppose it will be explained that our engineers "just figure it out" and the Canthans are cool with it.

I suppose I'm letting it bug me unnecessarily; it just seems like a throw-away and unnecessary plot device.

Edited by Duglaive.5236
clarity
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Please add an option to hide the visuals of the jade bots of other players.

The visual clutter already is out of hands and these bots likely will only make it even worse.

Need to use reverse psychology. Every time we request controlling the visual noise, they make it worse. What you therefore need to ask is for no option to hide it and to make it a perma neon colouring which is not dyeable

• Haha 4
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

The functionality sounds fun. The cosmetics have me a little nervous. A constant companion is very much part of a character's aesthetics, and I'm worried that we will only have three options.

1. Have a little green bot flying around no matter how our character is designed. 2. Pay gems for new skins. 3. Forgo using the jade bot.

Even 3 is uncertain, since ArenaNet does have a track record of forgetting to give us the option to turn stuff off until much later than it is introduced.

I very much hope that we'll have the option for an invisible jade bot, or at least that it can be invisible when not actively being used.

This isn't intended as a 'sky is falling' complaint. Just a bit of nervousness. Hopefully they'll explain a bit more during the live stream, and hopefully they've learned from past errors in linking aesthetics to functionality. At the moment, I've got mixed feelings about this new feature.

Don't worry, they'll sell an outfit so you look just like the jade bot!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Duglaive.5236 said:

Well, yeah, that's pretty obvious. I just think it'll have to happen fairly quickly or the uproar could get pretty loud - we all know how that goes 😒  And in the case of the mechanist I suppose it will be explained that our engineers "just figure it out" and the Canthans are cool with it.

I suppose I'm letting bug me unnecessarily; it just seems like a throw-away and unnecessary plot device.

In any case, no way of knowing before playing the expansion

• Like 3

it's recycling something I hate in other MMo's which is the "companion".

however I believe that Anet, as it did with mounts, will do something with their own touch. making it a non-intrusive feature.

the company is right to monetize things with skin, no problem.

they also should announce it from begin, as the "big feature", not the fish thing, so the xpac received unecessary negativity, because everyone thinking "fishing" was the big "new" thing.

Edited by ugrakarma.9416
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

however I believe that Anet, as it did with mounts, will do something with their own touch. making it a non-intrusive feature.

they also should announce it from begin, as the "big feature", not the fish thing, so the xpac received unecessary negativity, because everyone thinking "fishing" was the big "new" thing.

Seems to me that this was not originally planned to be in the game, but anet saw that there was not enough hype for the game. So it was developed later then the other features. no proof to support this, but just a gut feeling about this.

Edit: why so many confused emotes? I don't think this opinion is that far-fetched

Edited by BobbyT.7192
  • Like 2
  • Confused 13
  • Sad 1

47 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Just popping in quickly to say that I'm keeping an eye on responses and questions throughout the community to make sure Friday's episode of Guild Chat is as informative as it can be! (We might not be able to answer every single question, ofc, but I'll do my best!)

The massivelyop Article states that "your jade bot carries a certain number of charges and must be recharged at jade batteries scattered throughout the world", how, if at all, will that work for Core, HoT and PoF Maps? 

Is the increased HP from equipping the Bot with better Powercores permanent? And regardless of that only Open World?

Are there any limitations on the personal Waypoint placement (other than Charges, but in terms of placement in OW)? 

Sounds very graverush prone on paper, invalidating Rescue Protocol.

Is Rescue Protocol exclusive to Open world?

Is any visual customization planned for them? Anything earnable ingame, Gemstore?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, witcher.3197 said:

Will do 🙂

Anet's lucky to have players like you who can endure year long content droughts and then still buy skins for new features they didn't need.

"Need" and "video game" don't really go together.  We don't need any game.  We -- at least I -- play because I enjoy gaming.  I also like some but not all skins.  You say easily impressed; I say having fun!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, witcher.3197 said:

Of course they are cute. Another cheap way to milk the easily impressed with gemstore skins for customization.

Exactly this, I knew sooner or later anet would add some Pokémon style to the game. They saw cute sells.

Those Jade bots making me very worry, yes they look convenient, but they also will make everything even less difficult in open world content. They buff vitality, they rezz. 

What I like is they salvage for u, If this works like I can tell them what to auto salvage that would be great. Like all blue and greens auto salvage and into the storage, only issue is how would that work with unidentified gear.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

I'm sad about this news. I have to try it first, ofc, but I'm not positive. Minions killed Aion for example (well, not only that...)

A personal assistant is something nice in a single player game, but it becomes quickly annoying in an MMO. It creates more gap between geared and non geared players, it will trivialize old contents (like the introduction od the EMP/CC stations), people will rely more on it than on other players, and after few months, when the novelty has waned, we'll end up with thousands of the same bots, adding an additional graphic noise to the battles (already super confusing) and we'll have to care about an additional thing, rather than just enjoying the game.

It's a cheap way to add some grinding and new skins. I'm rarely negative on GW2 and ArenaNet, so I hope they will surprise me. But the premise is not good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

4 minutes ago, Urud.4925 said:

we'll end up with thousands of the same bots, adding an additional graphic noise to the battles

If you look at the gameplay mechanics trailer, the bot seems to only come out when you actually use it (e.g. when you launch that portable updraft ability thingy) and disappear again after it's done its thing. The graphic noise seems to be very well contained.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, Lord Trejgon.2809 said:

inb4 jewelrycraft lvl 500 just for those 😉

Yes I think that that would be a better way to go. Basic cores at 400, more advanced cores at 450 and the most powerful ones at 500.

Would any one else like to have one of the bots in real life?

Edited by Flaming.4250
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, BobbyT.7192 said:

What this bot can do that was shown in the preview video

• Speed up your skiffs
  • Energize your mounts
  • Recycle and scavenge items for you.
  • Creates an updraft for your glider
  • Enhance your vitality
  • Assist or allows you to ride power lines
  • Revives you awhile your in down state.
  • Attack kittens

Edit: This will totally have Gem store skins, calling it now

edit2: seems like you can get a personal waypoint as well

So more easy-mode stuff that people have to know less about the game and still feel like a bamf. Cool. Looking forward to strike CMs with players in nomads gear who don't know how to dodge or what their skills and traits do.

• Like 1
  • Confused 8

2 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

So more easy-mode stuff that people have to know less about the game and still feel like a bamf. Cool. Looking forward to strike CMs with players in nomads gear who don't know how to dodge or what their skills and traits do.

Yeah because the Jade Bot can speed up your Skiff players will unlearn to dodge and change their gear to nomads 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

KEEP AN EYE ON CONNOR

BEFORE ANYTHING ELSE HAPPENS TO CANTHAN KITTENS

• Haha 5

3 minutes ago, yoni.7015 said:

Yeah because the Jade Bot can speed up your Skiff players will unlearn to dodge and change their gear to nomads 

Nice cherrypicking there. I can do that too, wait...

That it revives people will most certainly not help players learn to stay alive. Why bother dodging, botsy will get me up. Oops I died because that strange blue bar was not damaged, guess botsy will carry. Why should I care about any of those big red rings that keep killing me, botsy will carry.

Edited by lokh.2695
  • Like 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

I personally like that they maybe haven't shown all the goodies, let some things be a surprise.  

Second viewing, and I find it charming and look forward to seeing it in action.  The little sounds are cute 😊

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

Why should I care about any of those big red rings that keep kiling me, botsy will carry.

If you read the article from massivelyop that somebody linked earlier in the thread, you'll find that the jade bot will have a set of charges (2 from the start, a max 6 when fully built as far as I understood), so it won't be able to carry anyone that doesn't pay attention. It's more like an "oh kitten" button really.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4

23 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

U right on the easier, but the bots will not work in fractals, strikes  or raids, from what I saw so far. 

• Like 2