Make defiance bars and combo fields more relevant

Mell.4873

Both Warrior and Elementalist have been left behind with the boon heavy meta with bother having very few ways to self or party boon (besides new ele)

What would help is providing a better system for breaking defiance bars, maybe they recharge quicker allowing them to be interrupted more, providing  warrior with a much needed buff. 

Combo fields and auras by extension should be reworked, my recommendation is that combo fields should stack which would be an amazing boost to Elementalist. Auras should not be on-self-hit but on-enemy-hit. 

4 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

Both Warrior and Elementalist have been left behind with the boon heavy meta with bother having very few ways to self or party boon (besides new ele)

What would help is providing a better system for breaking defiance bars, maybe they recharge quicker allowing them to be interrupted more, providing  warrior with a much needed buff. 

Combo fields and auras by extension should be reworked, my recommendation is that combo fields should stack which would be an amazing boost to Elementalist. Auras should not be on-self-hit but on-enemy-hit. 

How does that help ele and warrior specifically? That helps every other class too. 

Stacking combo fields could be nice but only a limited amount. 

However that doesn't help with any boons. Making aura on-enemy-hit will increase the overall damage of ele, which will just head to damage nerfs. 

If boon heavy meta is your problem, it would be better if you just ask for boons for these classes. 

However ele and Warrior are not the only ones left behind by this. Specific builds on some classes also have like 0 boons and therefore also need some. 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PegAoqlxy6YcMXWMOWL5xKA-e current condi mechanist build. Not a single boon. Somehow strange that you have a signet copying boons from u to ur mech but u cant even give urself boons. If shift signet gets a nerf, there will be SuperC-Signet or Grenade kit instead, but these also have no boons. 

Some others for example untamed also have very low amount of boons.

FYI making break bars come up more frequently just means I have to swap to a CC set more often and thus drop my DPS. Stupid groups would see the warrior dps dropping and kick them from the group for not meeting an arbitrary benchmark done on a stationary golem.

If you want to make combo fields more viable, then Anet would have to tweak the finishers themselves.

Warrior had a trait called Powerful Synergy that doubled the effects, but it wasn't that great outside of blasting stealth for skips. What would need to happen is to have a traitline focused on combo fields and finishers directly that does things like add effects to the pulses of combo fields as well as add effects onto finishers beyond just doubling their current effects. Things like grant protection and/or resolution when blasting certain fields. Or finishing off of every field at a location rather than your top most field.

On 2/13/2022 at 2:29 AM, Avatara.1042 said:

Eles have the worst break-bar options in the game, though.

True but that is a more a direct buff for warriors and thiefs since both have many break bar options. 

Elementalist doe have quite a few debuff conditions so it will help them a little, especially using earth. 

Edited by Mell.4873

i think it would end up being more of a bother than anything, i suppose youre talki g about raids fractals etc so ill answer based on those places.

the combos in this game are already pretty good, a druid gor example makes use of them for healing, thing is everyone explodes them so on a boss you might see lots of light combos cause of dh and guards and are mostly random, to sum up, theyre good but most of them are combos made at random.

for cc, well, i dont want to be in a boss for half an hour because it has 20 cc bars to break, also the more cc bars the more punished will be clases like warr and rev as theyre the main cc breakers, also those cc like headbut revs staff 5 and thief basilisk poison have cool downs that would make pretty difficult to do cc after cc too much, also little people know of care about cc, for example on sama, youll see the rev, warr or thief destroying the defiamce bar but then it'll decrease paingully slow because people are blinded by dps, also most degiance bars are do or die, on sama if you dont cc an ally dies, on vg not cc means caos and destruction, yeah maybe not all cc are that relevant but making cc more prevalent would be too much problem and solve nothing at the end.

if you want to mske combos more relevant i think it could be good, even though now they are already a huge help if you know what youre doing, but cc bars are already importsnt enought, as far as high end pve goes, of course if youre in open world that doesnt matter at all, i mean most open world only players dont even know their own cc nor combos, nor even care to learn.

as for making ele and warrior better.... warrior is already good enought, come on bladesworn is just fanservice because they cant give it more than it already has with berserk, spellbreaker is weaker in pve and i think should get a couple changes there but its not a priority, as for ele, well tempest is a good healer that except for alac and quickness gives good boons auras and heals and weaver is a good dps, maybe a bit more dmg, health or smth like that but it is not bad at all an with druid spirits changes i hope to see much more tempest so dunno.

• Sad 1

On 2/18/2022 at 4:57 PM, Mell.4873 said:

True but that is a more a direct buff for warriors and thiefs since both have many break bar options. 

Elementalist doe have quite a few debuff conditions so it will help them a little, especially using earth. 

Thief doesn't need to be any better in raids than it already is. The hardest raid boss in the game is already where thieves shine.

If you are talking about warrior and elementalist then you want launch to go up in defiance bar damage to an even increment (332--> 350 , 232--> 250) and maybe those fields that count as stun/daze to be increased.

For some reason static field on ele doesn't count as pass through yet sanctuary abuses this.

18 hours ago, zaswer.5246 said:

i think it would end up being more of a bother than anything, i suppose youre talki g about raids fractals etc so ill answer based on those places.

the combos in this game are already pretty good, a druid gor example makes use of them for healing, thing is everyone explodes them so on a boss you might see lots of light combos cause of dh and guards and are mostly random, to sum up, theyre good but most of them are combos made at random.

for cc, well, i dont want to be in a boss for half an hour because it has 20 cc bars to break, also the more cc bars the more punished will be clases like warr and rev as theyre the main cc breakers, also those cc like headbut revs staff 5 and thief basilisk poison have cool downs that would make pretty difficult to do cc after cc too much, also little people know of care about cc, for example on sama, youll see the rev, warr or thief destroying the defiamce bar but then it'll decrease paingully slow because people are blinded by dps, also most degiance bars are do or die, on sama if you dont cc an ally dies, on vg not cc means caos and destruction, yeah maybe not all cc are that relevant but making cc more prevalent would be too much problem and solve nothing at the end.

if you want to mske combos more relevant i think it could be good, even though now they are already a huge help if you know what youre doing, but cc bars are already importsnt enought, as far as high end pve goes, of course if youre in open world that doesnt matter at all, i mean most open world only players dont even know their own cc nor combos, nor even care to learn.

as for making ele and warrior better.... warrior is already good enought, come on bladesworn is just fanservice because they cant give it more than it already has with berserk, spellbreaker is weaker in pve and i think should get a couple changes there but its not a priority, as for ele, well tempest is a good healer that except for alac and quickness gives good boons auras and heals and weaver is a good dps, maybe a bit more dmg, health or smth like that but it is not bad at all an with druid spirits changes i hope to see much more tempest so dunno.

Rather than making the fight harder by requiring stun breaks just provide more opportunity's to stun break. Maybe a minor defiance bar that does not generate exposure debuff rather just interrupts their attack animations could work. 

A good example is with Sorrowful Spellcaster since she can only be interrupt once per phase, but if she is casting a long animation why can't we interrupt that? 

On 2/20/2022 at 9:18 PM, Mell.4873 said:

Rather than making the fight harder by requiring stun breaks just provide more opportunity's to stun break. Maybe a minor defiance bar that does not generate exposure debuff rather just interrupts their attack animations could work. 

A good example is with Sorrowful Spellcaster since she can only be interrupt once per phase, but if she is casting a long animation why can't we interrupt that? 

maybe not interrupting but making spellbreaker being able to parry and cancell some skills, ao it becomes a desireable tank could be good making a swcond cc bar might be troublesome because most people dont cc at all( again with samarog example where out of rev and warr most people dont cc)

• Like 1

I wish they'd expand on the way current breakbars are in the game, just to communicate their meaning better. Examples:
Expose bar - The current one on most of the bosses. Breaking it makes the target exposed, greatly increasing damage taken. Blue.
Interrupt bar - Like the one on Ry/Bra in Dragonstorm - break it to interrupt an action and stun the target for a while. Yellow.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

I wish they'd expand on the way current breakbars are in the game, just to communicate their meaning better. Examples:
Expose bar - The current one on most of the bosses. Breaking it makes the target exposed, greatly increasing damage taken. Blue.
Interrupt bar - Like the one on Ry/Bra in Dragonstorm - break it to interrupt an action and stun the target for a while. Yellow.

Great idea A+

Why not just make skill with soft cc and hard cc do dmg to the brake bar and not the applying of the soft cc and stuns them self. It will reward player for using "low dmg" skills that come with cc effect but you dont run into the condi type just being on the mob all of the time making it over all pontless at 1 min with its slight drain effect on the brake bar.

The though is the attk not the condi is messing with the mobs ability to deal with dmg. The condi is just the after effect of the attk.

• Like 1