Renegade Legends: Whose Stats Do They Use? Info

Justine.6351

So I have been wondering for like 3 years whose stats they pull for their damage. I assumed they were like mesmer phantasms but I noticed they nearly always crit regardless of the amount of precision you had. This is contrary to mesmer phantasms where you need to stack a lot of precision and take the trait that gives phantasms fury as they do not benefit from mesmer's +% crit chance. So I went ahead and tested it since I couldn't find the info on the wiki.

The legends seem to use the revenants offensive stats which includes power/precision/ferocity obviously but also +% damage and +% crit chance in all forms and conditions. Also included is healing power. When using +% heal others, Breakrazor will actually heal herself for more.

What they don't seem to inherent is toughness and vitality which is similar to phantasms. They do benefit from protection and stability.

If they do get interrupted mid channel they will attempt to start recasting so long as there is any duration left to their summoning. If knocked back they will just start recasting at their new position.

So the Legends just seem to be some kind of pseudo damage/healing extension of the renegade in the form of a summon.

Hope this helps someone out there wondering similar things as it seems all the summons in this game behave under different rulesets.

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 10:53 AM, Fueki.4753 said:

It's best to look at the Charr spirits as the glorified Wells they are, not as an AI part of your specialization (like Clones or Minions).

I say more like Totems, since Wells have sense enough to not be interruptable

Edit: too soon?

Edited by Knighthonor.4061
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I say more like Totems, since Wells have sense enough to not be interruptable

In comparison with other games, they technically are closer to WoW's Shaman's AoE Totems than GW2's Wells.

But exclusively looking at skill types and how they work within the "constraints" of GW2, their functionality is basically the same as Wells.

Edited by Fueki.4753

4 hours ago, Fueki.4753 said:

In comparison with other games, they technically are closer to WoW's Shaman's AoE Totems than GW2's Wells.

But exclusively looking at skill types and how they work within the "constraints" of GW2, their functionality is basically the same as Wells.

They are both :D totems with wells :D if the totem gets KB or even interrupted sometimes well stops working for what i notice but animation continues.

Funny cause its not a "pure" aoe spell but its seen by anet by a direct aoe spell on ground, this is the impression i have at least, but to avoid confusion with their mechanics IMO Anet could rename Ren utils to totem's or even wards.

On wvw i tend to spam tablet explosion on renegade "wells" to interrupt their action and throw them back/get them out of place with the KB. 

@Justine.6351 In terms of stats ren utils m8 have some sorta base boost on some stats maybe since they dont scale up with vitality.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

13 hours ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

@Justine.6351 In terms of stats ren utils m8 have some sorta base boost on some stats maybe since they dont scale up with vitality.

the legends are basically weak npcs that channel the renegade's "wells" for them. I assume the only stats the npcs have that are relevant are vita and toughness, or health and armor rating if they don't even have stats.

A renegade could do jalis on the other legend and use the invocation trait Spirit Boon, the renegade trait All for One and pop Rite of the Great Dwarf after summing the legends to grant them Stability, Protection and Rite of the Great Dwarf to make them quite a bit more tanky.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Justine.6351 said:

the legends are basically weak npcs that channel the renegade's "wells" for them. I assume the only stats the npcs have that are relevant are vita and toughness, or health and armor rating if they don't even have stats.

A renegade could do jalis on the other legend and use the invocation trait Spirit Boon, the renegade trait All for One and pop Rite of the Great Dwarf after summing the legends to grant them Stability, Protection and Rite of the Great Dwarf to make them quite a bit more tanky.

Yup pretty much, and the stability carpet will help that as well, and will still support allies or pressure enemies with both.

Rite of the Great Dwarf i love that skill....

Edited by Aeolus.3615

• 10 months later...