This is depressing

Zekent.3652

This gamemode have so much potential, ruined by the company, you just don't let a gamemode like this, totally abandonned, not a single nerf, not a single buff, letting high reward low effort toxic builds exist, most of top pvpers just quit, all these years, and now the excuse of; "we're focused on EoD" doesn't works, it's been like that for years and you always have "free" teams working on something else, like most of companies at some point.

It's not cmc's fault, it's not grouch's fault, it's a bad management from people on the top of the company.

• Like 29
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm pretty disheartened too. In 18 days my favorite class is going to pretty much turn into a jade AI robot. My queues today for the six games that I played at plat 2 were vs the same 5 people. 

I haven't seen pvp this barren before an expac. I used to be excited for the new elite specs when HoT and PoF were coming out, but from playing the last couple of beta's nothings caught my attention and I'm pretty depressed about the engi spec. 

I'll give EoD a shot, but if it's what I'm expecting I'll only be returning to this game for the campaign until the reworks come out years down the road.... 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

Yea I've basically "quit" GW2 about 3-4 years ago but I can't let go of sPvP because to me the combat and movement system GW2 offers is pretty much the best on the market and no other MMO even comes close unfortunately. I prefer ESO in many ways and I'd really love playing it actively but I just can't get over how bad the movement and combat system is there. It just feels floaty and clunky.
I'm just checking GW2 from time to time but either because of ladder anxiety or out of frustration over the lack of support for the game mode from Anet (and therefore the consequences) I just stop queuing, end up in pve, get bored and quit again. It's the same story every time I want to get back into GW2 :/

I have high expectations for EoD since Cantha has been the expansion which introduced some of the best PvP modes we have in GW1. I'll check out EoD anyway since I've been waiting for ages for Cantha, already pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition the day it became available. But I'll give Anet up to about half a year after EoD release. If they won't heavily dish out improvements and content for sPvP I'm out. Maybe not gaming-wise but I will definitely stop putting money into the game.

• Like 2

I pretty much quite gw2 as of February 8th, in favor of Lost Ark. The population is to small for it to be a real competitive scene playing the same people sometimes 3+games in a row like op said. This mode has been abandoned. The meta changing February 2020 update was so long ago, in terms of gaming years it might of been a decade ago. EoD will in no way make pvp better imo and I don't really want to buy it just for the specs. A hammer ele? That's a terrible idea imo, and bringing in a meme build from gw1 the thumper for ranger hammer is also very laughable and I can't take it seriously.

Turning theif into a dark magic mage with 900 range scepter skills and heals seems something out of place to me. Engi ai bot doesn't seem like it can be a competitive fair idea either. Since I won't be playing any EoD specs I see no point in continuing playing gw2. It's been 9 years, it's one of my longest played games in my gaming career I am heart broken that it has to end this way.

Imo, If only they can realize the unique and diverse combat system that is second to none on the gaming market. They could have been the biggest esport mmo ever, with just alittle bit of attention and observation they could have balanced this game properly instead of letting it fester by doing meta changes every 2 years apart.

Edited by Eddbopkins.2630
  • Like 9

i absolutely agree with this.... i LOVE pvp in this game, and is incredibly frustrating to even queue, knowing is gonna be bots in team, or shity bugs (pvp is FULL of them, at this point im making a list and it does not look good, Anet), toxic players with 0 punishment for destroying the pvp ambient for all involved, 0 balance between classes and hablities (dont get me kittening started on going into pvp against a class that normaly has +55.000 hp (we know who we are talking about) as a melee guardian who has very little over 10.000hp.... yes. fun.... balance), toxic (more than toxic, POISONOUS) builds that are not adressed at all because they are fun to play but have 0 counterplay and we are just sitting there taking the classic Scrapper-flammer beating hopping the next game wont have that kitten, that on EVERY match, it gets old FAST.... as is looking now, im not gonna buy the next expansion, pvp is a core part of online games for me, and right now im not having a good time at all, and i KNOW it will get worse, because i did see what you guys have done for the next specializations (caugh...BS.... caugh)

• Like 7

I think the EoD specs are alright, at least thematically.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not hyped at all for them, but its not because of the idea and design of any of them.

I'm not hyped because they haven't even released yet, and they already reek of CmC's nerf everything balance philosophy. 

Waiting months in utter rock-bottom update destitution for a bunch of especs that come prepacked with non-damaging skills and utilities/traits that take over a quarter of a PvP match(or longer) to recharge once is not fun, nor exciting. 😴

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Don't get me wrong, i'm not hyped at all for them, but its not because of the idea and design of any of them.

I'm not hyped because they haven't even released yet, and they already reek of CmC's nerf everything balance philosophy. 

Waiting months in utter rock-bottom update destitution for a bunch of especs that come prepacked with non-damaging skills and utilities/traits that take over a quarter of a PvP match(or longer) to recharge once is not fun, nor exciting. 😴

im not 100% sure about it.... the worse for me themetically is the warrior.... wanting to go for that samurai vibe is cool and all, i am on that same page, and NOTHING says "samurai" like a gun 😵 !!!.... the pistol is ok, but that pistol/sword monstruosity killed my erection inmediately

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I would go on about it to say how people were duped with bad blanket changes into getting faster balance patches, and who would've thought they'd fail to deliver, even when they have even less resources and manpower than before.  Especially when they said in the past they couldn't do faster balance patching when they actually had the resources and team. The best way to describe EoD's coming I can describe at least is, there isn't much hype(except woo more PVE stuff I guess), only mental exhaustion, half baked specs, and the holy CMC nerf hammer coming to nerf whatever other options that are still somewhat usable, and no improvements on any other things. 🙃 Such hype.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Lucentfir.7430 said:

I would go on about it to say how people were duped with bad blanket changes into getting faster balance patches, and who would've thought they'd fail to deliver, even when they have even less resources and manpower than before.  Especially when they said in the past they couldn't do faster balance patching when they actually had the resources and team. The best way to describe EoD's coming I can describe at least is, there isn't much hype(except woo more PVE stuff I guess), only mental exhaustion, half baked specs, and the holy CMC nerf hammer coming to nerf whatever other options that are still somewhat usable, and no improvements on any other things. 🙃 Such hype.

Honestly, yeah. More frequent balance patches & communication(patch previews) were promised, and I guess they tried for a few months but quickly abandoned both. 

When it comes to frequency, the updates have slowed to pretty much exactly as fast as they used to come out Pre Feb 2020.

The big difference being now every update doesn't have a single thing to wait for.

Unless one were to fit into the crowd that hopes and chants on the forums to nerf or remove whatever they don't like. If you fit into that surprisingly sizeable demographic, things aren't so bad I guess.

For everyone else not plugged into the Matrix; they now wait several months to have multiple build options that have been around forever removed, and then have to take a handful of boring nerfs on top of that. 

It's seriously grating. I could easily understand why someone would not want to put up with it anymore, never minding how hard it is to be excited for PvP changes anymore.

4 hours ago, Darkgaiden.3791 said:

im not 100% sure about it.... the worse for me themetically is the warrior.... wanting to go for that samurai vibe is cool and all, i am on that same page, and NOTHING says "samurai" like a gun 😵 !!!.... the pistol is ok, but that pistol/sword monstruosity killed my 👀💦 inmediately

I've always been a warrior main, but I liked Gunblade a lot.(In my head anyway, where a fully charged burst does more damage than Dragonhunter LB2)

My hope is that the actual gunblade part of Gunblade is customizable at some point so that it doesn't have to 100% be Samurai themed. Same with mechanics like the Mechanist mech. They are honestly missing out. I can see it now: For the low price of  800 gems, you can cure yourself of being a weeb. Or maybe it will be totally free, tied to some collection achievement.

But I agree its a bit restrictive for fashion wars as none of the HoT or PoF especs really did that. But hey, it's new at least.

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751
  • Like 4

On 2/9/2022 at 7:10 PM, Zizekent.2398 said:

This gamemode have so much potential, ruined by the company, you just don't let a gamemode like this, totally abandonned, not a single nerf, not a single buff, letting high reward low effort toxic builds exist, most of top pvpers just quit, all these years, and now the excuse of; "we're focused on EoD" doesn't works, it's been like that for years and you always have "free" teams working on something else, like most of companies at some point.

It's not cmc's fault, it's not grouch's fault, it's a bad management from people on the top of the company.

You forgot to mention how they allow the free reign of cheating in all forms with absolutely no administration against it.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Elden Ring babyyyy.

GW2 MIGHT have been good (big "might") if the devs just let the players use their super accessible builder kits which they use to construct levels from a pool of placed and re-sized environmental assets.  I've seen that program:  it's literally what people had access to in Wildstar housing.  It's not complicated, and it's endless content because you'd just have players making levels and modes on their own independent of the dev team.  But Anet doesn't trust anybody with their toys, so the game dies.

lol anyway i thought i could never like any PvE mmo games, because i dislike gw2 pve..and only play pvp, as top25 player

then i played ff14, on release it was boring and bad and slow, but now? it is intense and amazing and actually hard, even hard for a gw2 pvp top 25 player..i've never imagined any mmo pve would be this good..as most of my other MMOs were pretty much grind fest boring...

before i never could quit gw2 pvp because i also thought "gw2 pvp gameplay is too good" but after i played savage raids in ff14..and comes back to gw2 pvp...it's is slow..it is boring..it is unfair..and full of bots and unfun..and even the gameplay seems way less interesting..which was something i thought i could never get rid of.

there's plenty of games out there..there's nothing really special and irreplaceable about gw2 "combat and movement"..you just didn't look, or not looking at all.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, felix.2386 said:

lol anyway i thought i could never like any PvE mmo games, because i dislike gw2 pve..and only play pvp, as top25 player

then i played ff14, on release it was boring and bad and slow, but now? it is intense and amazing and actually hard, even hard for a gw2 pvp top 25 player..i've never imagined any mmo pve would be this good..as most of my other MMOs were pretty much grind fest boring...

before i never could quit gw2 pvp because i also thought "gw2 pvp gameplay is too good" but after i played savage raids in ff14..and comes back to gw2 pvp...it's is slow..it is boring..it is unfair..and full of bots and unfun..and even the gameplay seems way less interesting..which was something i thought i could never get rid of.

there's plenty of games out there..there's nothing really special and irreplaceable about gw2 "combat and movement"..you just didn't look, or not looking at all.

I think that the people who take GW2's combat seriously (or at least attempt to defend it) aren't necessarily unaware of better options, but rather only want to justify the time and effort that they've sunk into the game.  I'm not saying that such a mentality is healthy or helpful at all--it isn't--but that just seems to be the pervasive mentality to me.  Frankly, it's very self-destructive considering how this vocal group generally pushes to keep everything about GW2 firmly rooted in its worst, most broken design flaws.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, felix.2386 said:

Oh please, FFXIV PvP is just awful. If you're complaining about how GW2 balance updates are too slow, it is far worse in FFXIV. Expect to not see any PvP balance updates for an entire expansion. 

Now onto Savage, there really isn't anything difficult with them. This is obvious because they were literally cleared on the first night on release. It is also full of raid wipe mechanics if *one* person screws up. If you get tilted in PvP because "idiots" make mistakes, Savage is going to tilt you even further.

The true gem of Guild Wars 2 is that it is by far the most alt friendly MMORPG out in the market. Even FFXIV, which lets you level up alt jobs conveniently has flaws in this regard, if you are doing Savage you have to main a job because the gear drops are ridiculously time gated that it makes it unfeasible to play alts. Their time gating is just beyond stupid, like for example you can buy crafted gear that is basically dirt cheap (like for under 3 gold in this game for example) and the same ilvl gear that drops in an instance is time gated and locked out to once a week, why? Who thought it was a good idea to time gate useless gear? There is no option to gear up alts, except buy crafted gear, that is just dumb.

Then when the new raids come out, those are advertised as a catchup raid so you can get into Savage. Guess what? Those are also time gated, so yeah you can't gear up your alts either.

The fact that it is the most successful MMORPG right now, I seriously doubt they will fix this issue.

Edited by Chase.8415
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 9:30 AM, Chase.8415 said:

Oh please, FFXIV PvP is just awful. If you're complaining about how GW2 balance updates are too slow, it is far worse in FFXIV. Expect to not see any PvP balance updates for an entire expansion. 

Now onto Savage, there really isn't anything difficult with them. This is obvious because they were literally cleared on the first night on release. It is also full of raid wipe mechanics if *one* person screws up. If you get tilted in PvP because "idiots" make mistakes, Savage is going to tilt you even further.

The true gem of Guild Wars 2 is that it is by far the most alt friendly MMORPG out in the market. Even FFXIV, which lets you level up alt jobs conveniently has flaws in this regard, if you are doing Savage you have to main a job because the gear drops are ridiculously time gated that it makes it unfeasible to play alts. Their time gating is just beyond stupid, like for example you can buy crafted gear that is basically dirt cheap (like for under 3 gold in this game for example) and the same ilvl gear that drops in an instance is time gated and locked out to once a week, why? Who thought it was a good idea to time gate useless gear? There is no option to gear up alts, except buy crafted gear, that is just dumb.

Then when the new raids come out, those are advertised as a catchup raid so you can get into Savage. Guess what? Those are also time gated, so yeah you can't gear up your alts either.

The fact that it is the most successful MMORPG right now, I seriously doubt they will fix this issue.

Arent you so salty lol.

first of all, i said pve, never mentioned anything about ff14 pvp and that was the whole point of the thread, which was focused on how ff14 pve broke my expectation of all mmo pve is boring and grind fest and no excitement and challenge. FOR ME. and i encourage people to find other games like ff14 for me. funny how you get so defensive and salty so fast, how miserable you are.

second of all, funny how you just assume ff14 savage raid is easy just because some players can full clear in a few days, even tho 90% of the player base can not have first full clear in less then 2 weeks. when you clearly can't even play gw2 pvp properly and stuck in bot rating of gold 3 to low plat1 most likely. and some how you assume ff14 savage raid is easy even tho i clearly said me, a top 25 pvper finds it hard..i guess you are just legendary gw2 pvper, good for you.

and ff14 gear gate is barely any gear gate, like what the hell are you talking about, clearly you don't play the game at all, and you also suck at gw2 pvp,

1. savage raid tier gear is BIS gear right now and is no where close to useless..like what?

2. you literally don't need full normal " timegated" gear to clear savage at all. there's non-time gated gear from trials and only a few normal time gated gear is all you need.

3. the time gate is no where close to any ascended, legendary, mount, skin grind gw2 has.

4. also i actually tilt way less compared to gw2 pvp, because people who raids in ff14 are actually acceptable, compared to gw2 pvp now with braindead players like you. if i'd compare, it would be golden pvp era of pre-hot, when there are actually people who know how to press keyboards and you win by out play and not who has the least braindead player.

TLDR: dont talk about something you have 0 idea about. only make you look dumb. also you are bot tier gw2 pvp of gold 3 - low plat 1 most likely, which means you cant even press keyboard properly, so dont act like ff14 savage raid is easy.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, felix.2386 said:

did i say anything about ff14 pvp? i specifically said pve, read.

FF14 is supposed to have some really good PvE. I can't get past how slow the beginning feels. That and since they rebuilt it from the ground up there are still dialogues for the tank class for when it was a DPS class. Pretty cringe for me to read that knowing that my big fcking axe isn't for DPS anymore...

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

FF14 is supposed to have some really good PvE. I can't get past how slow the beginning feels. That and since they rebuilt it from the ground up there are still dialogues for the tank class for when it was a DPS class. Pretty cringe for me to read that knowing that my big fcking axe isn't for DPS anymore...

like i also mentioned in previous thread, in the beginning it sucked and is slow and boring. which i never deny. some people can't deal with that, i totally understand, which is why i said it's only for me, when i thought otherwise for years, which proves that there are games out there which will suit anyone's cup of tea, but you are just not looking. and stuck here playing this miserable game and tilt all day in a toxic environment, which is some thing i barely feel anymore after i left and actually enjoy my time with the games. 

like some pvpers here are so miserable, you can literally read from their posts

and trying so hard to prove that they are good, but against who? bots? there are no competition no players, 95% of the pvp base dont know how to play properly and don't know how to rotate, that's anyone below plat 2. back in the days, one day of playing improves you more then 1 week of playing in ranked conquest now. playing right now actually make me worse for how braindead the match is.

also axe has always been tank since release. never was a dps.

Edited by felix.2386
  • Like 1

On 2/14/2022 at 2:18 AM, Swagg.9236 said:

I think that the people who take GW2's combat seriously (or at least attempt to defend it) aren't necessarily unaware of better options, but rather only want to justify the time and effort that they've sunk into the game.  I'm not saying that such a mentality is healthy or helpful at all--it isn't--but that just seems to be the pervasive mentality to me.  Frankly, it's very self-destructive considering how this vocal group generally pushes to keep everything about GW2 firmly rooted in its worst, most broken design flaws.

yea exactly, they are stuck in the ego of theirs, and dont want to recognize they're wrong. how they spend so much time and to become better then so many "people", i would agree if it is a few years ago when theres actually players..now..like yea you are winning against bots..great man...and all matches are full of toxicity because it's all bots and braindeads with big egos.

like all the g3 p1 player thinking they are actually good and having such big egos.and it's always these players talk the biggest in matches. even tho it's really just bot tier. like get the hell out, you know nothing.

• Thanks 1

Is there a specific Arenanet dev that the community can look to as the sort of face of PvP at this point in time? At one time it was Hugh Norfolk when he was still with the company around the time before PoF.

If the PvP community had someone like that, communicating what the company has in mind for PvP, things they would like to see change, getting feedback from the players active in the gamemode, windows of when they would like to add or change things, rough estimates for when balance patches will go out and notes on what they want to change and why.

It's true that it really isn't ideal that the communty has been waiting for over 6 months for a balance patch of any kind. We are almost there though.

When you think about it, the entire game is getting a shakeup on Feb. 28th, then we are getting a balance update in summer with notes detailing everything likely before that. Moving forward, I agree the reasoning of "We're busy with Living World Season 5" or "We're working on expansion 4 so we can't balance anything else right now." Doesn't work to the benefit of the game and community. Especially for PvP when the professions and the way they interact with one another is the content.

In an ideal sitaution, the balance team is able to juggle balancing the current professions while also considering the balance of new elite specs as they are created. Granted I am saying that as an armchair dev so what do I know? It's something that will progressively get more and more bloated over time and harder to balance when we are 3 expansions going to a 4th? That's 45 professions and their elite specs to balance!

1 hour ago, Sleepwalker.1398 said:

Spare a thought for those of us that WvW.
Balances that they happen to do often only makes it way to PvP but not past to WvW.
Reason why we have so many broken stuff in our mode.

If you want pvp balance...play pvp, to see a game where only 2-3 professions being played and with multiple builds...while the rest is either gone or simply unplayable, I left pvp for this very reason and if you love this circus which is gw2 pvp....you are very welcome to stay here, we don't need this garbage being extended to the rest of the game 

• Thanks 2