Proposed Class- Sword Saint + Living Season Idea

AusarViled.7106

Sword Saint, is a new class that I came up with, because I wanted something closer to the original King of Kings 3 class of my childhood- you where a conjurer that summon massive floating claymores around yourself and use them to fight your enemies. Paladin in lore can summon a spinning blade, and with EoD where we are adding sentient mechs, it is the perfect set up for sword saint. Here is a link to an image i created https://imgur.com/i6DDYLz

Lore:

The Charr holosmiths  and the Asura mechologists, came together in preparation for Living World 7, Aurene is loosing the fight, lead by Brom, an expedition is launched into the heart of the mists to create a new form of magic [a dungeon- into the ashes we rise]. Brom is captured and is taking to a mad scientist known as the archivist, who was designing an army of machines called the 'armada' to storm lions arche and the other major capitals. The leading nemesis conjurers are charr's from the first game, charr that are still evil and use said magical claymores to mass murder.

Dungeon 2 has you enter and break into the armada science lab, called 'into the madness', where you unlock the ability for allied races [skritt, etc]. You break into the main factory, and discover a machine called the 'annihilator' a massive mechanical dragon that has absorbed the magics from Jormag, Kralkatorhik, primordious, Mordromoth, and Zhaitan. You realize if it kills aurene, it will be the 'End of Dragons'.  

Dungeon 3: You as commander, travel to the council and must convince all the other races to join you [you can pick which 4, the rest fall in line], however Tiami forgot to check the protocol of GPS on the sword that some asura stole from the science lab, the armada come in and totally destroy you, you run away wounded and broken, the armada capture your mind and send you to oblivion.

Map 2- of Season:. like the jailer in WoW, the void is a place where you are dead, and must break free, since the armada are controlled by the annihilator, you work with the previous elder dragons you slayed to attempt to become the 'draconious primus' slowly learning skills, this is where you justify the classes in lore for EoD. Learning more about your classes, you learn of the sword saint.  With the power of all the dragons, you try to rip your way, and instead end up in limbo.

Map 3 of Season: You are neither alive nor dead, you operate a maze [like tartarus] and realize that you are inside the mind space of the annihilator. You get masteries and new mounts to help you navigate the various bios of the mind and the dream. Themes of insanity, madness, and illusion are the main themes. Eventually after a confusing map, you figure out how to contact Aurene. With her help, she moves you to ascalon. 

Map 4 of season:  Ascalon is a location - a prison of the gods- while you where dead, the annihilator has revived balthazar and consumed it, using his rage he killed and consumed the gods also. You must now free them in a series of 4 dungeons 'in darkness i sleep' 'in darkness i wait' 'in darkness i am bound' 'in darkness i shall never leave'.  You beat the series of 4 dungeons, and unlock the raid called 'the 4 relics of the gods'.  You go against  the 'annihilator's arche minions - belial, azaog, piamon, and azezal. You defeat them and your recover enough divine energy to come back to life.

Ark 5 of season: one goes against the annihilator in a large raid. You have 6 phases and 2 phases of platforming mid combat. After a 20 min eye piercing soul crushing fight, you win. Aurene congratulates you on winning- you are redeemed as commander having fixed your failure with Krawl. However as you leave, you hear a screeching, everyone falls to their knees ... you realize you messed up, something has awoken ... and it can not be good. 

The Class:

Specializations:

Crushing Will:  Your summoned swords become massive claymores. They fight close to enemy, and apply torment and knockdown. The Staff in your hand, acts like clones on chronomancer, you summon various claymores and shatter them for effects.

Fury Summoner: You can summon an additional 4 blades, but they become smaller. Class is about constant moving like daredevil, blades apply chill and vulnerability. 

Mastery:

Dueling: You prioritize hitting your enemy with staff, physical attacks do 1% life steal. 

Soul Syphon: for next 3 attacks of claymores, heal 100% of dmg done [60s c], 

Swap: switch places with a blade, and apply fear

Block: block all projectiles behind the blade [it stabs itself into ground, makes a barrier behind itself]- [30 sec c], lasts 5 sec

Conjuring: Your sword are armed by miniature golems- swords now have HP and can be killed] but do +60% dmg. 

Conjured ferocity: gain might as your swords hit to self, but loose damage by 1% with each hit on swords, max stack of 50

Rescue: sacrifice a sword to raise an ally, sword can not be summoned for 45 sec

Pet Pall: if a hunter pet is within 50M, both gain ferocity based on your precision 

Armistice: Like Dueling but focuses on condition damage

Illusionist: Like conjuring but focus on condition damage 

TLDR:

Thanks for reading my post, do you agree? what do you think could use a change. Thanks

• Confused 3

Kudos on putting in the work, but GW2's expansion of classes is through Elite Specializations. So you are much better off describing how a base profession, say warrior, would get an elite to fit what you are hoping for. And don't say things such as "like XXXX game" since that has no meaning to some, unless they have experienced that, too.

Posting it to the appropriate board helps, too. (profession, warrior, whichever)

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

Why doesn't guardian work for this theme? I mean, sword of wrath is basically a summonable claymore with good damage.

Warrior plays largely in heavy armour, which is not what sword saint is about. It’s essentially a battle mage that focuses on hitting enemies with a staff while using conjured weapons. The best example of this is in Kotor 2 where you fight Darth Traya. It is a very different to the warriors and to hollow smith.

That version of warrior plays more like a inquisitor from BG. You use magic to enhance  your sword. Not quite the same thing

Edited by AusarViled.7106
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, AusarViled.7106 said:

Warrior plays largely in heavy armour, which is not what sword saint is about. It’s essentially a battle mage that focuses on hitting enemies with a staff while using conjured weapons. The best example of this is in Kotor 2 where you fight Darth Traya. It is a very different to the warriors and to hollow smith.

That version of warrior plays more like a inquisitor from BG. You use magic to enhance  your sword. Not quite the same thing

Now, I'm not a a D&D or similar fantasy expert in any way however I am fairly confident that a sword saint doesnt use a staff.

8 hours ago, AusarViled.7106 said:

Warrior isn't the guardian, and there are options for light looking heavy armours (even discounting the existence of outfits).

But, I can't talk. I'm making a virtuoso because it's basically Kasane from Scarlet Nexus, so I understand why having similar aesthetics to a game you like can be appealing.