So what yall want for a 4th Warrior Elite Spec?

Knighthonor.4061

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

A two handed greataxe is something they thought about doing, but could not figure out how to do different from axe/axe or hammer, so they scrapped the idea.

Yeah, I remember that, and am still disappointed they never found a way of making it work.

Would have been a lot more suitable for Berserker than a stoopid torch.

Edit: In fact, I've just had an epiphany.

Instead of Warrior's elite specs giving new access to existing weapons, each Warrior espec should have introduced a new weapon to the game that only that Warrior espec could use.

That way, you end up with meaningful profession development and the idea of the Warrior being a master of weapons gets reinforced.

There's plenty they could work with; flails, spears, halberds, boomerangs, nets, fist weapons, whips, and I can already think of interesting implementations for a lot of these.

Edited by Mungrul.9358
Epiphany!
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Edit: In fact, I've just ghad an epiphany.

Instead of Warrior's elite specs giving new access to existing weapons, each Warrior espec should have introduced a new weapon to the game that only that Warrior espec could use.

That way, you end up with meaningful profession development and the idea of the Warrior being a master of weapons gets reinforced.

There's plenty they could work with; flails, spears, halberds, boomerangs, nets, fist weapons, whips, and I can already think of interesting implementations for a lot of these.

And then every elite specialization loses access to weapon swapping, like Jokesworn?

That sounds so bad, they might actually do that to Warrior.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

On a more "out there" note...

Behemoth - Warrior discovers steroids. F1 becomes Colossus Form, in which the warrior visibly grows. The new skill type, Glyphs, work as ele and druid glyphs, with supportive and defensive abilities by default, and offensive abilities in Colossus Form. 
Instead of a brand new weapon, Behemoth loses the ability to wield any weapon other than greatsword, hammer, rifle. Greatsword, hammer, rifle all become one-handed weapons for the Behemoth, for either the main or off hand. Yes, getting extra stats, sigils, and infusions is entirely intended.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dadnir.5038 said:

We are talking about gw2 warrior here... Obviously, there would be a trait that grant the Pack mule might with a 300s ICD whenever he reach a waypoint (there is no way it would be free)..

don't forget the trade offs to make it more fun. While equipping the extra bag, -50% move speed, lets do it ANET style

7 hours ago, Mungrul.9358 said:

Yeah, I remember that, and am still disappointed they never found a way of making it work.

Would have been a lot more suitable for Berserker than a stoopid torch.

Edit: In fact, I've just had an epiphany.

Yea I don’t know why they didn’t because there’s definitely niches that Great Axe could fill, 

Skill 2: Cull: Swing your axe in-front of you, dealing large damage and gaining fury (damage similar to guard hammer 2)

Skill 3: Isolate: Reach out with your axe and pull your foes towards you. (3 targets, line attack, range 300-450).

Skill 4: Spinning guard: Spin your axe in front of you, blocking incoming attacks and dealing damage to nearby foes. Grants might per for struck.

Skill 5: Gather: Swing your axe around you, pulling foes towards yourself. 

Burst: Execute: Leap toward target and slam down with your axe, dealing large damage (radius 100, range 900). Deal bonus damage to CCd foes (100%)

Now warrior has a weapon with a bit of mobility, good burst skills (2 and burst), and has pulls to setup some burst style attacks. Continues to have most of the same weaknesses/signature of warrior with large cast times. 
Sample combo this set could allow (because pulls would be amazing in warrior): Gather->Cull->wep swap->Arcing Slice->whirlwind away.

1 hour ago, oscuro.9720 said:

Yea I don’t know why they didn’t because there’s definitely niches that Great Axe could fill, 

Skill 2: Cull: Swing your axe in-front of you, dealing large damage and gaining fury (damage similar to guard hammer 2)

Skill 3: Isolate: Reach out with your axe and pull your foes towards you. (3 targets, line attack, range 300-450).

Skill 4: Spinning guard: Spin your axe in front of you, blocking incoming attacks and dealing damage to nearby foes. Grants might per for struck.

Skill 5: Gather: Swing your axe around you, pulling foes towards yourself. 

Burst: Execute: Leap toward target and slam down with your axe, dealing large damage (radius 100, range 900). Deal bonus damage to CCd foes (100%)

Now warrior has a weapon with a bit of mobility, good burst skills (2 and burst), and has pulls to setup some burst style attacks. Continues to have most of the same weaknesses/signature of warrior with large cast times. 
Sample combo this set could allow (because pulls would be amazing in warrior): Gather->Cull->wep swap->Arcing Slice->whirlwind away.

Can we just rework GS into this?

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Can we just rework GS into this?

This was my idea for a warrior kit. The whole idea was make to f2-3 kits that require 1 bar of adrenaline to enter for a set duration (like a hybrid between kits and elementalist summons), with burst on F1, adrenaline capped at 1 bar. You had Great Axe (control and damage) , War Drum (area support and effect), and Cannon (ranged DPS and support, kinda like engi mortar), with main hand scepter, casting mid range rage magic or OH focus casting rage magic. 
The pulls would work so great with warrior’s core kit, it frustrates me. 
I think reworking hammer into this would make more sense tbh. I wouldn’t want to see a massive overhaul to greatsword imo, just tweaks to 100b and auto attacks would really improve it. 

Edited by oscuro.9720

If great axe is added as new weapon, other weapons like great sword and great hammer have to be reworked for different functions. My thought is:

Great sword is for high damage and mobility, for example, can move while using 100 blade and gain quickness,

Great hammer is for high burst damage and cc,

Great axe is for high 111damage and  larger range of area attacks of all skills, access the fourth attack of skill 1.

Edited by Guyver.1426

53 minutes ago, Guyver.1426 said:

Great sword is for high damage and mobility, for example, can move while using 100 blade and gain quickness,

Great hammer is for high burst damage and cc,

These or similar need to happen, regardless of whether a new weapon type gets added to the game or not.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 1

I would say a support-gameplay oriented espec much like Spectre or Druid are purpose-made to play differently from their base class - and Anet would ostensibly agree after their big blogpost about spreading boon availability across all classes "play the build, not the class".

But they also decided to completely waste away their biggest chance to do so in the next 3-6 years untill the next espec release for Warrior by making Bladesworn a pure flavour build that directly competes with Berserker in role, so who knows really. 

Shortbow, attacks could consist of poison spread, interrupts, knockback and short arrow volleys. Utilities could give access to preparations which would offer both offensive and support options.  I think giving warriors preparation skills would allow them control fights a lot better. Seeing a warrior set up a preparation and not knowing if they're going to activate it now or later I think would add a bit of tension to an engagement. Especially if it's a preparation that has a dual nature in both offensive and defensive application.

Edited by Doomfrost.5728

On 2/11/2022 at 3:29 PM, oscuro.9720 said:

The idea I had coming into this xpac was the Thunderer;

The warrior uses adrenaline to summon a weapon of concentrated adrenaline (looks like it’s made out of lightning). F1-3 give different weapons (Great Axe, Drum, and Cannon) 

I am the not so mighty Thor 

The ability to swap between three or even four different weapon sets and get more benefits after weapon swap (expanding on traits brawlers rec versitile power, and fast hands (reduced recharge time) )

this is due to the large a mount of weapons you can weild

Edited by Infinity.2876

2nd burst skill based on which weapon is in off hand. If wearing same weapons in both hands, 2nd burst will be different ofc.

Shield burst may be some kind of barrier share or protection+regen., heal...

For greatsword maybe pull or some aoe cc..

New weapon may be staff, it's 2nd burst may be some kind of boon share or heal etc...

+Discipline rework because there are only 2 traits which somehow improwes bursts so there could be better synergi.

Edited by Morokey.8534

On 2/24/2022 at 12:12 AM, Morokey.8534 said:

2nd burst skill based on which weapon is in off hand. If wearing same weapons in both hands, 2nd burst will be different ofc.

Shield burst may be some kind of barrier share or protection+regen., heal...

For greatsword maybe pull or some aoe cc..

New weapon may be staff, it's 2nd burst may be some kind of boon share or heal etc...

+Discipline rework because there are only 2 traits which somehow improwes bursts so there could be better synergi.

A spec with this mechanic would 100% get an offhand weapon, and it would make sense. Something like a focus probably, unless Bladesworn pistol becomes MH (it should), then OH pistol. 

I want something close to the lotro captain's gameplay. heavy blows, defeat response skills, companion soldiers, unleashing ghosts, sharing self healthbar with someone you choose (sheild brother), basically buffs pets and heal focused. Most logical weapon for that is staff to be used as halberd. 

Edited by artharon.9276

What if warrior can no longer dual wield.  Every single hand weapon mainhand now.  Sword, axe, mace get new 4 and 5 skills.  Shield and warhorn get new 1 - 3 skills.  The new weapon is unarmed.  You can equip auras if you are unarmed that act as stats and influence your unarmed abilities.  Burst skills involve your empty off hand somehow.   Not exactly sure what to do with two handed weapons.  Maybe you can double down with the aura play on rifle, bow, hammer, and greatsword. 

I still want to punch things with dual focus and claw-like focus skins. Since focus are still magic weapons I guess it'd need some elemental explosion punches like Diablo 2 Assassins.

That or dual greatshields to turtle and squish things with. 🙂

Edited by Doggie.3184