What is Mag?

mossmere.9503

Hello friends it’s your pal obs. Maguuma is a very friendly server. So don’t believe all the hype about trolls and spawn camping. Sure it happens sometimes. But not as much as it’s made out here.

what maguuma is to me is a bunch of free thinking players that do there own thing and play for a fun time.  Most of the time there is no tag, no coms and zero comp groups. It’s just a bunch of good players that play to have fun knowing winning ppt means nothing.

the fun for most mag players is taking ebg keeps and harassing the spawn for a few mins. 

As for the magswag guild. I like the guild a lot. I wish them the best!

I’ve been on maguuma for 8 years or so. I have an alt that I’ve bounced around all over na servers. Nothing is close to the same. If mag or it’s link is open I’d say try it out and renew your wvw experience. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 2/16/2022 at 2:04 AM, moutzaheadin.4029 said:

Hello friends it’s your pal obs. Maguuma is a very friendly server. So don’t believe all the hype about trolls and spawn camping. Sure it happens sometimes. But not as much as it’s made out here.

what maguuma is to me is a bunch of free thinking players that do there own thing and play for a fun time.  Most of the time there is no tag, no coms and zero comp groups. It’s just a bunch of good players that play to have fun knowing winning ppt means nothing.

the fun for most mag players is taking ebg keeps and harassing the spawn for a few mins. 

As for the magswag guild. I like the guild a lot. I wish them the best!

I’ve been on maguuma for 8 years or so. I have an alt that I’ve bounced around all over na servers. Nothing is close to the same. If mag or it’s link is open I’d say try it out and renew your wvw experience. 

💯 BS!

Mag spawn camps for HOURS, not just a few minutes. They are the only server that does this. It's toxic for WvW.  They throw siege and jump on corpses more than any other server. They spam emotes more than any others. They have more ganker small guilds than any other server. 

Not the friendly little angels you want to make them out to be. You might be fooling the "grouchy" player that always shows their tag on Mag but the rest of us see the actual bm trashy play.

Nice try.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, Evenge.4067 said:

💯 BS!

Mag spawn camps for HOURS, not just a few minutes. They are the only server that does this. It's toxic for WvW.  They throw siege and jump on corpses more than any other server. They spam emotes more than any others. They have more ganker small guilds than any other server. 

Not the friendly little angels you want to make them out to be. You might be fooling the "grouchy" player that always shows their tag on Mag but the rest of us see the actual bm trashy play.

Nice try.

Its just killing people in a video game, how is that toxic, I guarantee you most of these players arent even slightly mad or angry when they jump on your corpse and siege you, its just banter, respawn come again and brawl, or swap maps. You dont deserve a keep if you cant defend it

Edited by lotus.5672
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

Hmm, I never understood the whole spawn comp complaint. Honestly, I've seen everyone spawn camp when given the chance.

I mean if you head out and get killed, that's fine, but to make that same mistake for hours? That's just foolish, and who wouldn't want to exploit players like that? With multiple exits and other maps, players have many choices to avoid this. The only logical reason why the same players would get spawn camped is because they choose to be spawn camped. This is not pvp where you get forced out of spawn.

Furthermore, when fighting from your spawn, you could easily retreat into the invul area, and just pull people into the legendary defenders. If your group has any stealth or blocks, this should be trivial to lure people in regardless of how badly you numbered.

So honestly, my feeling is those getting spawn camped are only upset that they are not the ones doing it.

There's basically a few reasons why you are being killed by Mag in these scenarios:

1. You chase one person that's an obvious bunker, and that person kites a bit further back. Their friend behind you pulls you, and their friend behind them pulls you again. You have no idea what a stunbreak is and die.

2. They make the keep look empty and when you cross over to attack with rams in the front like people without tactics and they hit your back. Example: Retaking Blue Keep, they will charge you from Langor because it's hard to escape via the bridge. Now, you could just jump in the water since 98% of players don't have water weapons. Also you probably  should have realized this by the 69th time.

3. You go in single file and stick out like a sore thumb. No you are not being ganked, you're just the only target in range.

4. A lot of people in this game think it's illegal to bring condition clears. It's not.

5. They treat a cloud as a conventional battle and charge into a linear fashion only to find nobody there.

To not get farmed, you may choose to use things such as pulls, reflects, and have at least 18k health. Nobody cares about your big damage against a golem if all you do is rally the enemy. You may also use the same tactics against them too; it's not illegal to make rangers. Bringing useful support classes like support tempests and mesmers with pulls would be nice. Heck, even a shield generator works. Working together as a team may prevent you from getting farmed.

But don't worry, I'm sure nobody's going to read any of these because it's easy to call your enemy a bunch of poopyheads anyways. Just go PPT their air keep and T3 it already.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/11/2022 at 10:13 AM, mossmere.9503 said:

Thank you both very much.  Now these conversations will make a lot more sense. 🙂 Although Mag Swag has totally got my curiosity up. LOL What the heck is that? 😂

Mag Swag was a moniker Maguuma players gave themselves because they thought they were special. (They weren't).

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, ArchonWing.9480 said:

Hmm, I never understood the whole spawn comp complaint. Honestly, I've seen everyone spawn camp when given the chance.

I mean if you head out and get killed, that's fine, but to make that same mistake for hours? That's just foolish, and who wouldn't want to exploit players like that? With multiple exits and other maps, players have many choices to avoid this. The only logical reason why the same players would get spawn camped is because they choose to be spawn camped. This is not pvp where you get forced out of spawn.

Furthermore, when fighting from your spawn, you could easily retreat into the invul area, and just pull people into the legendary defenders. If your group has any stealth or blocks, this should be trivial to lure people in regardless of how badly you numbered.

So honestly, my feeling is those getting spawn camped are only upset that they are not the ones doing it.

There's basically a few reasons why you are being killed by Mag in these scenarios:

1. You chase one person that's an obvious bunker, and that person kites a bit further back. Their friend behind you pulls you, and their friend behind them pulls you again. You have no idea what a stunbreak is and die.

2. They make the keep look empty and when you cross over to attack with rams in the front like people without tactics and they hit your back. Example: Retaking Blue Keep, they will charge you from Langor because it's hard to escape via the bridge. Now, you could just jump in the water since 98% of players don't have water weapons. Also you probably  should have realized this by the 69th time.

3. You go in single file and stick out like a sore thumb. No you are not being ganked, you're just the only target in range.

4. A lot of people in this game think it's illegal to bring condition clears. It's not.

5. They treat a cloud as a conventional battle and charge into a linear fashion only to find nobody there.

To not get farmed, you may choose to use things such as pulls, reflects, and have at least 18k health. Nobody cares about your big damage against a golem if all you do is rally the enemy. You may also use the same tactics against them too; it's not illegal to make rangers. Bringing useful support classes like support tempests and mesmers with pulls would be nice. Heck, even a shield generator works. Working together as a team may prevent you from getting farmed.

But don't worry, I'm sure nobody's going to read any of these because it's easy to call your enemy a bunch of poopyheads anyways. Just go PPT their air keep and T3 it already.

Sometimes one or two people will see some numbers behind them and they'll think they can charge in and face tank the same group or blob that gobbled them up a few times the same way already, but then they'll be frustrated that not everyone dove in with them right away. It's frustrating seeing that happen because I like to cover people, but I can't mitigate through a careless approach as a thief, even on myt Stealth and Heal on revive template and most utility wont last long enough to bunker with. 

People need to watch more wild life videos and see how a pack of wild dogs move and probe to feel out the other side to see how that side thinks and pick up on any plotting going on. Panning camera often for audio and visual heads up and feeling the map breath might prevent you from getting swiped and melted. We all know what lag shakes are at this point. Vibe with the map and you can feel the plotting going on.

Of course I can't talk, I'm going to step right into all that because I can't help it and sometimes I'm just careless or playing bad that day.

Edited by kash.9213

5 minutes ago, kash.9213 said:

Sometimes one or two people will see some numbers behind them and they'll think they can charge in and face tank the same group or blob that gobbled them up a few times the same way already, but then they'll be frustrated that not everyone dove in with them right away. It's frustrating seeing that happen because I like to cover people, but I can't mitigate through a careless approach as a thief, even on myt Stealth and Heal on revive template and most utility wont last long enough to bunker with. 

People need to watch more wild life videos and see how a pack of wild dogs move and probe to feel out the other side to see how that side thinks and pick up on any plotting going on. Panning camera often for audio and visual heads up and feeling the map breath might prevent you from getting swiped and melted. We all know what lag shakes are at this point. Vibe with the map and you can feel the plotting going on.

Of course I can't talk, I'm going to step right into all that because I can't help it and sometimes I'm just careless or playing bad that day.

But here’s the thing:  you know the possible outcomes of your actions and don’t complain about getting gobbled up if it happens.

All I  can say to the ones who gripe about spawn camping is ‘something something multiple exits, something something multiple maps..’

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

But here’s the thing:  you know the possible outcomes of your actions and don’t complain about getting gobbled up if it happens.

All I  can say to the ones who gripe about spawn camping is ‘something something multiple exits, something something multiple maps..’

Those side exits add like 20 seconds to travel time though. Plus, even though we've had the outnumbered icon for the last hour, the map might fill up if we leave. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

Just let them die lol. It's not your fault if people are dumb and dive in without notice. Trying to help them only enables their dumb behavior and they will continue to put their own teammates at risk. I'd rather they just get exploded first and rally nobody.

They can be useful as a downed meatshield so you can drop extra damage on people that are trying to finish them. 😉

The worst kind of crap is you see someone tunnel vision an enemy and they literally don't notice 1-2 more enemies shooting them in the back right behind them. By the time you can even engage they're already in downstate and what could have been a decent 2v3 turns into you just having to fall back.

That is kinda true.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, lotus.5672 said:

Siege and dongs, probably the 2 things tc likes the most

The comedy of it, someone probably went through refreshing all that siege 🤣.  And no, I am not on TC.  Besides, who does not like a good dong joke every now and again 😀.  Ranks right up there with a good SBD bomb and walk, just to watch people run into it 😜.

Edited by Morden Kain.3489