Changes to spirits coming

Dragana.1497

10 hours ago, Za Shaloc.3908 said:

I'm crossing my fingers that they make them into "Spirit Weapon" skills, whixh has been suggested by @InsaneQR.7412 in the past before, providing more useful and practical active effects with multiple charges. 

I thought about this too and I guess it is more likely for Rangers than Warriors. However, this clearly is more work since they won't provide any pulsing bonus anymore. Most certainly not impossible, though. Just trying to keep my own expectations low when it comes to reworks and balancing 😅

On 2/11/2022 at 8:12 PM, Donut.6914 said:

please...make them mobile...

Spirits has mobility when 1st introduced and then Anet removed (nerfed) that ability for no real reason making them useless.  I haven't used them since that nerf. As for my Warrior, he hasn't used banners for years.

Edited by Blude.6812
  • Like 2

On 2/12/2022 at 11:57 AM, Beddo.1907 said:

If they take spirit buffs and turn them into actually useful boons it won't do anything to druid.

It won't make it worse but probably won't help either.

Actully you are very worng sair. People take druid not for the healing becuse firbrand and scourage are suppiror. People take druid for the uniqe spirit buffs, and for some boss in raids for immobilaize

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

2 hours ago, BadSanta.6527 said:

Actully you are very worng sair. People take druid not for the healing becuse firbrand and scourage are suppiror. People take druid for the uniqe spirit buffs, and for some boss in raids for immobilaize

I know why ppl take druid and I've never said anything about healing.

But I also know Firebrand and Scourge are going to get shot with a nerf gun. (or at least 90% chance they will).

Druid will simply become a bland copy of post nerf Firebrand with Spotter and immob. That's it.

• Like 3

A good spirit rework is key to making Untamed work as well.  Spirits would need to be powerful enough to stick down on the frontline and give something meaningful. 

A breakbar would also be nice in competitive modes, especially WvW to stop spirits from getting nuked.  Pets could also use a breakbar but one can dream...

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, FarmBotXD.1430 said:

I dont know why yall get excited, RN spirits are decent pick for both dps and support in pve content.
With how anet does " balancing " and " reworks " I wouldnt be surprised if they made them utterly unusable.

Some of us are thinking in mobile spirits back. I know i know,  Knowing Anet record about "reworking" ranger stuff sometimes i surprise myself being a bit delussional... 

• Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 10:35 AM, Xaylin.1860 said:

I thought about this too and I guess it is more likely for Rangers than Warriors. However, this clearly is more work since they won't provide any pulsing bonus anymore. Most certainly not impossible, though. Just trying to keep my own expectations low when it comes to reworks and balancing 😅

Well it would need more skill to use defintly. But with charges and a fixed duration you can buff in key moments for a fixed time. The trait could increase the number of charges, the buff duration and boons they should apply.

I suggsted it in the past because its just an "easy fix" that uses already implemented dev work and would hit multiple things ranger could improve on. Ranged AoE, Mobile buffs and better Zerg capabilities.

On 2/12/2022 at 5:38 AM, BadSanta.6527 said:

Actully im worried , not a single word about druid was mentiond

Druid use spirit uniqe vuff in order to stay relvant.

I think if they going to take spirir uniqe buff as implay ( to be like outher proffesions buff system) it may be druid last nail in the coffine

It's not a bad thing if removing the crutch druid gets from core ranger would kill it off completely and force Anet to look into druid as a whole and maybe  allow it to perform outside of pve as well.

But, if the spirit rework provides aoe quickness and/or alac to druid, I doubt that will completely kill it off in PvE.

• Like 3

Mobile spirits would be great. While I do like the concept of them being stationary like in GW1 this game is far too mobile for that style of play. Plus I miss rolling in with a spirit pack.

On 2/16/2022 at 3:23 AM, Gotejjeken.1267 said:

A good spirit rework is key to making Untamed work as well.  Spirits would need to be powerful enough to stick down on the frontline and give something meaningful. 

A breakbar would also be nice in competitive modes, especially WvW to stop spirits from getting nuked.  Pets could also use a breakbar but one can dream...

Random thought, but what if spirits were immune to incoming damage until their breakbar was broken? Might let them survive bigger fights without making them incapable of being dealt with if a player wants to actually dedicate energy into removing them.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Ehecatl.9172 said:

Random thought, but what if spirits were immune to incoming damage until their breakbar was broken? Might let them survive bigger fights without making them incapable of being dealt with if a player wants to actually dedicate energy into removing them.

That is actually a great idea. If balanced around that it could work I guess. 

It is not like they attack or something so having some kind of invulnerability would be fine. In WvW They would still not work because the breakbar would be evaporated as soon as the AoEs come down but if the ranger could also use them as ranged AoEs for the actives in those situations would have a use at least. 

On 2/12/2022 at 3:09 AM, Dadnir.5038 said:

When you see this kind of annoucement you should assume the worst not be excited.

They will probably only make banner and spirit give boons every 3s instead of giving their unique buffs. Which will make ranger and warrior less interesting to pick in raids all while keeping the cumbersome gameplay. I can already imagine it:

Warrior: Banner of discipline grant fury 2s every 3s, banner of strength grant might 6s every 3s, banner of tactic grant regeneration 2s every 3s, banner of defense grant protection 1s every 3s. Trait: banner base boon duration is increased by 50%.

Ranger: Take nature's vengeance boons, nerf their duration and make them tic every 3s for each spirit to replace the unique buff.

And voilà! Both ranger and warrior provide boons instead of unique buff. They are no longer pigeonholed into giving those unique buffs since they don't have any and the boons are already overflowing in the game.

NB: People complain that there are to many necromancer in game to counter boons? Do not worry! The devs have the solution! If the counter to boons is stacked everywhere, it's logic to increase the number of boon sources to counter the counter! (what a joke!)

People are completely blinded by wishful thinking theory crafting

They're hoping Anet gives them a mobile storm spirit that farts out perma alacrity instead of a frost spirit that farts out 5 might

It's like what happened to "grace of the land" wasn't enough of a red flag to them

• Like 3

On 2/17/2022 at 12:23 PM, Lazze.9870 said:

It's not a bad thing if removing the crutch druid gets from core ranger would kill it off completely and force Anet to look into druid as a whole and maybe  allow it to perform outside of pve as well.

But, if the spirit rework provides aoe quickness and/or alac to druid, I doubt that will completely kill it off in PvE.

It will be either quickness or alacrity on one spirit. They already said that in the blog. But then druid has to compete with other speccs for the same buff. And let's be real if we get quickness druid is just dead. There is nobody that can compete with hfb for that slot.

Yeah it will be allowed to continue it's 'existence' like now as a spirit bot. But do we want that? This specc is bad in all competetive game modes and the only reason right now to take druid are the spirits and 10man might. We might even see it die now when the 10man might gets removed. There are coming new supporters along the way and spirits can be brought by Soulbeasts.

10 hours ago, Lazze.9870 said:

No, that's what I'm saying. Nuke the spirits for all I care. If that doesn't make Anet wake up and do something about druid, nothing will.

After seeing the state untamed came out i would not hold my breath for anet to fix or improve anything related to the ranger at least. For what i am reading the EoD pets also feel terrible in line with the untamed. 

So another 3 years of soulbeast in gazelle. 

Edited by anduriell.6280
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Spirits need to become Spirit Wisps that follow the ranger around and are not killable by enemy players. Otherwise any change makes them useless in WvW.

There is a number of reasons AI companions are bad in WvW but a big one is that they die to enemy groups too easy. If my spirit has the capacity to die to enemy players, it will be dead on arrival for WvW, probably PvP as well.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Draeyon.4392 said:

Spirits need to become Spirit Wisps that follow the ranger around and are not killable by enemy players. Otherwise any change makes them useless in WvW.

There is a number of reasons AI companions are bad in WvW but a big one is that they die to enemy groups too easy. If my spirit has the capacity to die to enemy players, it will be dead on arrival for WvW, probably PvP as well.

Unkillable spirits floating around the ranger sounds like a great idea actually, this could even make them viable in other modes. I was thinking of something pretty similar, their current design is terrible.

I think we all agree Druid needs a rework ASAP, specially if spirit effects are going to be capped to 5 people and no longer providing unique buffs. If no Druid rework is coming (that's most likely the case, sadly), at least Spirits could help move Druid away from trash tier.

I'm still bitter on how they butchered druid in competitive modes.

15 hours ago, Khenzy.9348 said:

Unkillable spirits floating around the ranger sounds like a great idea actually, this could even make them viable in other modes. I was thinking of something pretty similar, their current design is terrible.

I think we all agree Druid needs a rework ASAP, specially if spirit effects are going to be capped to 5 people and no longer providing unique buffs. If no Druid rework is coming (that's most likely the case, sadly), at least Spirits could help move Druid away from trash tier.

I'm still bitter on how they butchered druid in competitive modes.

Right now in best case scenarios, the druid is the only thinking which still allow ranger to roam at all. These days everybody running speed runes and have plethora of gap closers, ranged snare, condi burst etc etc etc...soulbeast is not that great anymore as long as you play against non potatoes 

• Like 1