More New Stats Please [Merged]

Paradoxoglanis.1904

Only having 2 new gear stats is kind of disappointing. They look interesting, but there are still a lot of other possibilities that would be fun to play with.

• Ritualist’s equipment provides a large increase to condition damage and vitality, and a small increase to concentration and expertise.
  • Dragon’s equipment provides a large increase to power and ferocity, and a small increase to precision and vitality.
Edited by Paradoxoglanis.1904
  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

• Ritualist’s Major - Condition Damage / Vitality | Minor - Concentration / Expertise
  • Dragon’s - Major Power / Ferocity | Minor - Precision / Vitality

Are these supposed to be impressive?  Like, seriously, these stat combinations are trash outside a small handful of specific boss fights or possibly WvW, maybe.

• Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Brokenangel.1389 said:
  • Ritualist’s Major - Condition Damage / Vitality | Minor - Concentration / Expertise

Are these supposed to be impressive?  Like, seriously, these stat combinations are trash outside a small handful of specific boss fights or possibly WvW, maybe.

Ritualist is almost a condi version of diviner.  Which is used a lot by boonbots.

But with ritualist it opens for more specs to bring boons.  For example Harbingers really want to focus on condi damage as their power damage is pathetically low. And since they have an elixir boon buff line, ritualist will be a great help in keeping it up. Since they have a trait for making vitality contribute to concentration its even better.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

Maybe more will be added with later releases. But I also expected 4 new stat combinations.

Dragon's fills a place between Berserker's and Marauder's gear, not reinventing the wheel there but a good alternative to finetune your gear without using toughnes.
Ritualist's sounds like the combo Plaguedoctor's wanted to be, will definitely try to build around this. Condi-Support Scrapper maybe...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Brokenangel.1389 said:

IKR?  I can’t believe they would actually create something that would benefit WvW.  🙄

• Like 5

Ritualist - Condition Damage + Vitality major, Concentration + Expertise minor.
Dragon - Power + Ferocity major, Vitality + precision minor.

Wow the gloves are off with these two. Them broken..

Ritualist basically makes your plaguedoctor supports hit like a truck thanks to expertise at expense of some healing (which wasn't their primary focus anyway, being secondary stat).

Dragon eclipses berserker and marauder as long as you have some extra crit chance on you to fill the precision gap (hi necros, renegades etc). As strong if not stronger than berserker, yet with vitality cushion just like marauder.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Athel.2076 said:

Not sure how Dragon will compare to Marauder/Wurm runes synergy? I'm going to have to toy around with this.

If ritualist is as fun as it looks I'll be salvaging my PD trinkets.

Wurm runes will be slightly less effective on Dragon than on marauder. They have same vitality, but Dragon has way more ferocity and all stats (save precision) face diminishing returns. In short ferocity gain is exactly the same, but marauder needs that extra ferocity far more than dragon will.

Ritualist looks perfect for elixir flinging harbingers, as they have a trait that gives you 13% of vitality as concentration. Which gets better if they take the vital persistence soul reaping trait that gives you even more vitality.

But its good to see a condi variant of diviner.

Edited by LucianDK.8615
  • Like 3

Ferocity on a 4 stat combo as a major seems a bit off, cause i think you can push to new highs on crit damage with it. Didn't do the calcs yet tho, but it could lead to an buff to insane one shots in wvw.

Ritualist seems interesting tho

Personally i hoped for stuff like

• Power + Precision major and Ferocity + Toughness minor
  • Condition + Precision + Concentration + Expertise, with Condition Damage and any one of them being major
Edited by NeroBoron.7285
  • Like 4

The thing is, if you do the calcs, generally precision is better than ferocity, iirc up to like 98-100% crit. (I had run these calls for a power staff weaver so it may differ depending on stat combos... but I suspect it will be similar). For a staff weaver in wvw with a mix of Marauder and zerker, which I think hits like 97% crit with fury, it's better to take the power/precision for instead of the steak that gives power/ferocity.

Dragon will be nuts if you can actually get over 100% crit tho.