More New Stats Please [Merged]

Paradoxoglanis.1904

18 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

So basically they introduced the condition version of Diviner and a good power option for classes that overcap 100% crit chance, but "they are trash".

I assume the OP main routines are Tequatl and Shadow Behemoth.

I think there is definitely reason to be concerned, especially with Dragon prefix. Basically, they are rewarding crit capping with significant DPS boost and sustain. I can't help but think this is just a power creep, which is really hard to justify IMO. I guess tryhards who like this stat don't think their game play is trivialized enough? We shall see how Strike CM's turn out. 

• Confused 4

Dragon's feels weird with Mara already having the same stat combination in a different order, and still missing stuff like

pre/heal/conc/pow

condi/exp/conc

Do we really need a 4th (or 5th if you count valk, I guess) set for min/maxing power dps's hanging percentage point of crit instead of sets that can let more boon supports function?

Edited by Barraind.7324
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/12/2022 at 3:43 PM, Obtena.7952 said:

Too bad Dragon is redundant with a mix of Berserker/Valks. 

I don't understand the confusion emoji's, the uninformed are giving you... , you are correct it is fundamentally redundant. A complete set of "Berserk / Valks" does fulfill this stat set concept, they should just change all "Berserk/Valks" to Dragon by default. For those not in the know, it's an unlisted armor stat set not listed in the stat combinations. Just take any stat select item and look it up.

4 hours ago, Tungsten Monarch.6058 said:

I don't understand the confusion emoji's, the uninformed are giving you... , you are correct it is fundamentally redundant. A complete set of "Berserk / Valks" does fulfill this stat set concept, they should just change all "Berserk/Valks" to Dragon by default. For those not in the know, it's an unlisted armor stat set not listed in the stat combinations. Just take any stat select item and look it up.

But I think the real reason for someone might put confused emoji's is that they just don't know how stats work. They just see direct DPS stat and go gaga over it. The whole question here is about optimization. Otherwise, it's just people randomly taking stats because they don't understand how those stats trade off and optimize. 

First off ... Dragons is not good you aren't crit capping because it takes a very high amount of crit rate before taking ferocity over power is an DPS increase. 

Second, the trade off between Dragon and any other 3 stat power primary prefix with ferocity (berserker, Assassin and Valks)  to optimize DPS is not simple for most people to determine. If you assume crit cap, then a ferocity increase of 15 = 1% more DPS according to wiki. So the trick is to find out the relative DPS loss when you give up a certain amount of power to take Dragon gear. If I did my calcs right, power remains the preferred stat to optimize for up to 3000. 

Edited by Obtena.7952

More ferocity at cost of precision seems like a waste of stats unless you can still crit cap yourself with those 25% crit chance that Dragon's prefix has... so it's probably the best for guardians (+25% with resolution and 10% against burning enemies), revenants (+40% with traited fury), thieves (Keen Observer +10%, Twin Fangs +7%), rangers (+30% with traited fury, +10% with Hunter's Tactics and +100 precision with Spotter). Don't forget about Sigil of Accuracy (+7%).

• Like 2

On 2/11/2022 at 11:17 PM, Brokenangel.1389 said:
  • Ritualist’s Major - Condition Damage / Vitality | Minor - Concentration / Expertise
  • Dragon’s - Major Power / Ferocity | Minor - Precision / Vitality

Are these supposed to be impressive?  Like, seriously, these stat combinations are trash outside a small handful of specific boss fights or possibly WvW, maybe.

The fact they've said these are available in all game modes, including SPVP where expertise and concentration were both deemed overpowered. It's pretty large 

Also this might make boon Condi builds pretty strong also. 

These were removed from spvp due to the bunker / Condi builds they created realistically, so will be interesting to see why they think it will do better this time. 

But no vast majority of DPS builds won't use these outside maybe solo situations, but tbh to make a stat list stronger then vipers or berserkers would be power creeping the game while they're trying to reverse its power creep. 

29 minutes ago, Daddy.8125 said:

The fact they've said these are available in all game modes, including SPVP where expertise and concentration were both deemed overpowered. It's pretty large 

Also this might make boon Condi builds pretty strong also. 

These were removed from spvp due to the bunker / Condi builds they created realistically, so will be interesting to see why they think it will do better this time. 

But no vast majority of DPS builds won't use these outside maybe solo situations, but tbh to make a stat list stronger then vipers or berserkers would be power creeping the game while they're trying to reverse its power creep. 

Dont forget that Ritualist gives up precision and power stats from viper.

24 minutes ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

Dont forget that Ritualist gives up precision and power stats from viper.

That be true, but in spvp lots of tanky Condi builds never used those stats to begin with so it won't be any change there. 

Ofcourse it will be niche but likely will see use among some builds. 

I think a core problem is to reverse power creep they have to not launch anything that could overtake any current gear set up... If they do, they'd power creep the game baseline. 

While it's alittle boring to only see 2, at the same time given EoD is susposed to be death to the power creep in the game I can understand why. 

3 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Had high hopes for new stat combos. At least for PvE.

Demolisher, Zerk+Expertise, condi Diviner (no, Ritualist is not it)... F.

Yeah...Demolisher for sure so I can finally not have to play with Captain/Cavalier/Knight mixing just to get the appropriate toughness without losing too much fero and precision on warrior.

Ravager as a name could work for Berserker's with added expertise at the cost of ferocity. Also nice synergy stat for a brave warrior who play's with cover condie or relies on Arms.

5 hours ago, Antycypator.9874 said:

More ferocity at cost of precision seems like a waste of stats unless you can still crit cap yourself with those 25% crit chance that Dragon's prefix has... so it's probably the best for guardians (+25% with resolution and 10% against burning enemies), revenants (+40% with traited fury), thieves (Keen Observer +10%, Twin Fangs +7%), rangers (+30% with traited fury, +10% with Hunter's Tactics and +100 precision with Spotter). Don't forget about Sigil of Accuracy (+7%).

Burst Precision (+100% on Burst) and Unsuspecting Foe( +50% versus CC'd targets) comes to mind as well.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, SovietVixen.7396 said:

I was hoping for +VITALITY +healing + concentration

Same. That's the reason I was holding off on making harrier's for my healers. I'm just not comfortable taking an 11k HP (or 6k depending on fractal instabilities) firebrand to heal fractals or raids, because I'd be dead all the time, and minstrel's is not welcome in raids unless I want to be a tank. Not like the 2k DPS difference from auto attacks makes up for the DPS lost when people try to revive me.

• Thanks 1