Anet Devs, Please adjust mystic coin cost of Mystic Weapons.

27 minutes ago, Chase.8415 said:

I mean they pretty much confirmed that the strike missions in EoD will allow you to get an additional 40 mystic coins a month. That means you can get roughly 60 coins a month casually. And since they’ve essentially doubled the coin output in the economy, in theory they will be less valuable and more affordable so if you need them, just buy them.

You will have a large number of people that will dispute the "casual" label for anything other than a path of acquisition via login rewards.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 4

I personally think that people take too much emphasis on the changes coming with EoD. If you read the article, the way to get them is changing. People assume there will be less of them going into the economy. However, if you read the article, you'll see that this is not the intention. For all we know, the new content will actually be nice and there will be just as much MC's as before. I believe that is also the goal. If needed, they'l adjust.
When you look at thhe graphs on gw2spidy you'll also see there has been no panic on the market. When the news hit a rise in price was seen, but shortly after it dropped again.

10 hours ago, Redfeather.6401 said:

The most expensive part of the ascended deadeye rifle reward collection was this part. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Namot,_Night_Whisperer_of_Severance

Yes and no.

Yes these special weapons were very expensive on release. I remember looking at 200-300 gold for one of the Espec masteries. But Anet also gave us a chest allowing us to pick one of these special weapon for free which was nice (and I hope they do the same if they plan to redo that with EoD Espec collections).

But nowadays, they are worth nothing. And after waiting few weeks, the price of the said weapon dropped a bit.

Overall PoF Espec weapon are much easier to acquire than HoT and also requires less time.  I'm curious to see if EoD will be the same as PoF

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

Yes and no.

Yes these special weapons were very expensive on release. I remember looking at 200-300 gold for one of the Espec masteries. But Anet also gave us a chest allowing us to pick one of these special weapon for free which was nice (and I hope they do the same if they plan to redo that with EoD Espec collections).

But nowadays, they are worth nothing. And after waiting few weeks, the price of the said weapon dropped a bit.

Overall PoF Espec weapon are much easier to acquire than HoT and also requires less time.  I'm curious to see if EoD will be the same as PoF

You're thinking about the named sunspear weapons. Those can obly be dropped (or obtained from TP), the crafted versions do not count for collection. Initially they were absurdly expensive for that reason, and that only changed after Anet adjusted droprates several times (and added new sources) to make those drops far more common than before.

• Like 1

I am personally waiting to do the HoT collections until EOD strike updates when MCs should be much easier to farm. I am also waiting until EOD to round out ascended weapons as I am guessing the new e-spec weapon collections to be much more like PoF and overall easier than HoT.

Would be nice if the HoT collections saw an overhaul, but I am not holding my breath for it.

8 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

You do this for the skin.  Of course it's going to be pricy.

That's just a weird argument. These collections were released with HoT, when MC cost a few silver each. The collections were created and balanced around the idea that obtaining the mystic weapon was cheap, and most of the effort would be the HoT map specific drops you'd need to obtain. You were working for a skin, not just paying 30 gold for it.

These weapon specialization collections were never intended to be expensive to complete. Just look at teh PoF ones, where ANet dropped the mystic weapon requirement in favor of spending a single MC per collection. They really should go back and adjust the recipes needed for the HoT collections as well now. All the more so considering that when mystic weapons were introduced they were cheap skins, no reason for their price to have skyrockets just because they need MC

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Looks like someone in the past added a note on the bottom of the wiki warning anyone who is doing a Heart of Thorns specialization collection that it's significantly more expensive than crafting the ascended weapon directly. Not to mention extremely time consuming. It took me over a week.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Specialization_Collections

Edited by Redfeather.6401
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, OriOri.8724 said:

That's just a weird argument. These collections were released with HoT, when MC cost a few silver each. The collections were created and balanced around the idea that obtaining the mystic weapon was cheap, and most of the effort would be the HoT map specific drops you'd need to obtain. You were working for a skin, not just paying 30 gold for it.

There are a ton of other, non-cosmetic use cases for mystic coins that should be looked at first and foremost.  This isn't a weird argument.  Skins are expensive and vary in cost.  This is how the game is designed and built.

These weapon specialization collections were never intended to be expensive to complete. Just look at teh PoF ones, where ANet dropped the mystic weapon requirement in favor of spending a single MC per collection. They really should go back and adjust the recipes needed for the HoT collections as well now. All the more so considering that when mystic weapons were introduced they were cheap skins, no reason for their price to have skyrockets just because they need MC

Nah, they are. They're ascended.  They're supposed to be expensive and similar in cost to actual ascended weapons.  In fact, outside of PoF, they are.   And for a while in PoF they were, but the weapons used in their collections have no ties to any other market item so, over time, as more and more people got the achievements done, the prices went down.  Also, the whole point of this game is to grind for cosmetics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, Sir Alymer.3406 said:

Nah, they are. They're ascended.  They're supposed to be expensive and similar in cost to actual ascended weapons.  In fact, outside of PoF, they are.   And for a while in PoF they were, but the weapons used in their collections have no ties to any other market item so, over time, as more and more people got the achievements done, the prices went down.  Also, the whole point of this game is to grind for cosmetics.

It's faster and cheaper to craft them that the HoT collection. I crafted an ascended focus today and just realized I'm going to craft an ascended warhorn tomorrow despite my HoT collection for warhorn only missing the mystic caller and machined warhorn. Seriously screw how long and how much gold just those will take. I'll get it faster by just crafting it tomorrow. It's hilarious.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

19 hours ago, Chase.8415 said:

I mean they pretty much confirmed that the strike missions in EoD will allow you to get an additional 40 mystic coins a month. That means you can get roughly 60 coins a month casually. And since they’ve essentially doubled the coin output in the economy, in theory they will be less valuable and more affordable so if you need them, just buy them.

Better sell my thousands of coins now then lol.

There are a lot of reasons coins got expensive.  One is inflation.  Raw gold is just way easier to get now.  The supply is also down because a good chunk of it is also the player base that cared the least about completion (competitive mode players) stopped playing/logging in and subsequently selling them.

Also... it's cosmetics.  It's gonna be expensive, because expensive cosmetics are literally the only reason this game is B2P without a sub.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1