Suggestion: Core Specialization focus

BenaSPACE.6028

This is a bit more of an idle idea, but I feel like it's worth putting out there. Core classes feel like they fall behind a bit in comparison to elite specializations at times, I feel (It's not a universal case of course). 

Focus specializations would be my idea to that, where the third slot of your specs (where elite skills go), offer certain bonuses to classes that opt to play core. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I think closest thing to this would be something like moving the profession mechanic spec line (Beastmastery, Arcane, Soul Reaping, Invocation, etc) to only be used in the elite slot (so elites can’t use the profession mechanic spec).

Effects of that would be things like the base specs power aren’t necessarily increased, but the elite specs power is reduced and all elite specs get essentially the “same” trade off (can’t use a trait line).

It would probably have to be part of a much larger profession rebalance/rework since it would definitely hurt some professions and builds way more than others.

• Confused 1

Tbh i cant see Anet focusing on Core Specializations, primarily because Elite speccs are the only type verticle power increase this game actually has, without that. Expansions would be completely optional and i dont think anet are solid enough currently to rely on player investment to just buy the expansion anyway. espically with how WvWvW and SPVP is set up currently.

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, Hashberry.4510 said:

I enjoy the core specs, its all fun.

im sure alot of the players enjoy the core specs. There is also some viable core builds. Corecondithief, corecondinecro, coreguardiansupport and coreranger for spvp. But for some professions the core traits are just a joke. for example core elementalist and core engie are VERY RARE sightings these days. 

some professions are fine but for the most part the core traits could use some love.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

On 2/13/2022 at 11:43 AM, AlexndrTheGreat.8310 said:

I think closest thing to this would be something like moving the profession mechanic spec line (Beastmastery, Arcane, Soul Reaping, Invocation, etc) to only be used in the elite slot (so elites can’t use the profession mechanic spec).

Effects of that would be things like the base specs power aren’t necessarily increased, but the elite specs power is reduced and all elite specs get essentially the “same” trade off (can’t use a trait line).

It would probably have to be part of a much larger profession rebalance/rework since it would definitely hurt some professions and builds way more than others.

This except don't force that traitline on core, just lock the especs out of it. Then remove the "tradeoffs" that have been added.

• Like 1