You all were stingy with the Lunar New Year

Metaljaw.6437

I've not been keeping track overall (and it wouldn't mean much if I did because I was away for a week) but each time I've opened envelopes and then sold the junk I ended up with slightly more gold than I started with. I've bought all the weapon variants (except 5 I haven't unlocked yet) and some other stuff from the TP and I'm still ending the festival with slightly more gold than I started with.

1 hour ago, Metaljaw.6437 said:

I might need an explanation of that. I thought the max was 735.

Maximized Luck: 300

Luck from Achievements: Up to 36

Magic Find Consumables and Amulet Enrichment: 435

Silverwastes Maximum Perseverance (Complete 5 Events): 150

Hero of the Wastes (Silverwastes Meta Event Completion): 50

Theoretical Total: 971

Some people were even timing their envelop opening with Lost Bandit Chests, which doubles the Perseverance bonus for a few seconds, giving a theoretical maximum of: 1121

• Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Metaljaw.6437 said:

702 Divine Lucky Envelopes opened.

600+ MF

17 Ornamental Golden Trophies 

What did you all do to the loot tables????

Errr... I can't confirm that observation. I made more Gold from opening Envelopes than I lost from purchasing them from the NPC vendors.

Strange...

Edited by Ashantara.8731

1 hour ago, Metaljaw.6437 said:

I might need an explanation of that. I thought the max was 735.

I was opening envelopes with 975.  I used food, utility, banner, guild buff, black lion boost, magic find boost, item booster, fireworks and I did both the silverwastes and vinewrath, which is where I opened my envelopes. I made a killing this year.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, lokh.2695 said:

"I gambled on envelopes and lost" the thread. We have this every year. RNG is RNG is random is random. Don't gamble if you can't afford to lose yadayadayada...

I never said I lost. I just only made about 25g over 3 weeks and across multiple accounts. That was compared to several hundred in past years on a single account. Either way, not really a helpful reply.

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

34 minutes ago, Metaljaw.6437 said:

I never said I lost. I just only made about 25g over 3 weeks and across multiple accounts. That was compared to several hundred in past years on a single account. Either way, not really a helpful reply.

Last year, I saved up 212 or so envelopes. Ate boosts, went to Silverwastes, did complete meta. ~300 gold payout.

@Doggie.3184  I know they didn't offer the Black Lion Chest Lunar which did have a large gold payout before, and I seem to remember getting 2 of the lower tier figurines and more of the high tier figurine quite bit more. And that was with a lot less MF than I did this year, so it seems at least the loot tables might have been adjusted.

11 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Define killing. How many envelopes? What returns?

A lot of envelopes but I don't keep track that much. All I have is how much gold I was sitting on before the festival started and how much gold I ended up with at the end of that festival. Some of that guild would have come from just playing, as well as selling envelopes and some envelopes I bought from Guildies with low magic find.  

An accountant I'm not, but my gold went up thousands of gold...more than 2000 less than 4000. Could be anywhere in that range.

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

Errr... I can't confirm that observation. I made more Gold from opening Envelopes than I lost from purchasing them from the NPC vendors.

Strange...

It seems that the previous year bug in which you get less chances for the 8g token the more MF you have was still in effect this year. At ~350% MF I earned quite a lot from those envelopes. I stopped using any buffs and kept to only base Mf as soon as i have noticed that at 700+ MF i get no 8g tokens at all.

Edited by Astralporing.1957

Ideally they should net a profit - when comparing to the NPC price (1g + the 90 silver for the other ones) ...

and the trading post price should balance itself around (1.4g it is now I think) a price where the net profi would be almost 0 - considering a high magic find/luck.

Would be weird if a player with tens of thousands of gold could make endlessly more gold by buying even more (which he can if he already has a lot money to start with) from the trading post + a high luck/magic find. But the tp and supply and demand will balance this.

Guess I'll do that "for real" next year. Still need to max my luck. And this year I opened them daily. (Wasted a bit of the boosters of course - better to open them all at 1 day.) I still got - with magic find 400-500 a few of the expensive trophies. Didn't count them.

Might just be bad luck I guess. Just having a certain probability doesn't mean it is impossible to have super bad luck. Theoretically 0 would have been possible in the case OP described.

Edited by Luthan.5236

7 hours ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

It seems that the previous year bug in which you get less chances for the 8g token the more MF you have was still in effect this year. At ~350% MF I earned quite a lot from those envelopes. I stopped using any buffs and kept to only base Mf as soon as i have noticed that at 700+ MF i get no 8g tokens at all.

Like I stated before, I did not have the problem. I always used buffs (banners, boosters, buff food) and even went to the Silverwastes for an additional bonus and did receive the 8g tokens on occasion.