Harbinger theorycraft thread

The Boz.2038

14 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

I take it the fully blighted 25might Shivers is deleting people?

Among other things. Ghastly Claws, Spinal Shivers, Dark Barrage, Voracious Arc, Devouring Cut, and the Elixirs are all 10k+ crit potential. I haven't tried Lich, I cannot imagine, lol.

1 minute ago, RisenHowl.2419 said:

you can push shroud 4 over 20k

Oh, I know. I'm probably going to make a short montage at this point, because I spent most of the day vaporizing people for 16, 17, 18k+ back to back. I live for big numbers, so low quality as a vid like that might be, it would be funny at least.

It may have been on an NPC, but I also still hit for 32k on something in WvW. Highest I managed on a player so far is 19k, but I'm certain I could go higher since I haven't been trying to stack Blight first. 

• Like 1

Trying the bog-standard PVE power setup on harb, with signet and well. Pistol isn't cutting it as a power weapon, at all. Shroud, on the other hand, is quite nice, and a decent alternative to reaper considering range on it. Not sure it will make it in instanced PVE, but for purposes of running around on power it's allright.

Yo guys, I discovered a new stat combination.

Yesterday I used wvw potions to power through the wvw reward track once.

I dropped a jewel that had dragon stats  (like black diamond, viper stats has)

And another one:

Major: condidmg, concentration

Minor: expertise, precision

Yet there aren't stats that match those on legendary armor. Also it's kinda strange to me, that there seem to be no new runes for the new elite specs.

Maybe some things are hidden and will make their way into the game at a later point?

17 minutes ago, The Boz.2038 said:

Yeah, found the same gem in a tree. It's nice. Really hope it's a legit combo.

I'm pretty sure the statsets were announced together with the change to spirit and banner that will come this summer.

The statsets names being "dragon" and "ritualist".

Quick update.

Did test a bit yesterday.

If you have Perma alacrity you are able to keep up quickness with 22% boonduration (used concentration sigil and toxic maintenance oil)

But I played the quickness build in the first strike yesterday and I used 30% boonduration just to be safe.

I was using this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSAFoE1aYZoMQWKTjRiF7VdcF-zVRYmRP3pcQYlRuVQHpg3HERYPUAR5vFY+qA-w

Edited by Nimon.7840

7 hours ago, Nimon.7840 said:

Quick update.

Did test a bit yesterday.

If you have Perma alacrity you are able to keep up quickness with 22% boonduration (used concentration sigil and toxic maintenance oil)

But I played the quickness build in the first strike yesterday and I used 30% boonduration just to be safe.

I was using this:

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PSAFoE1aYZoMQWKTjRiF7VdcF-zVRYmRP3pcQYlRuVQHpg3HERYPUAR5vFY+qA-w

I almost did something similar but with Rune of the Firebrand (Condi buff + Quickness duration) because perma alacrity isn't always a sure thing 

PS. are you aware Torment Runes were nerfed?

19 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I almost did something similar but with Rune of the Firebrand (Condi buff + Quickness duration) because perma alacrity isn't always a sure thing 

PS. are you aware Torment Runes were nerfed?

Only the sustain from torment rune was nerfed. But not the torment duration on it.

4 hours ago, LucianDK.8615 said:

And people say they suck now because of it, like getting laughed at in a meta because I used tormenting runes.

They suck so much the prices doubled despite the nerf in sustain xDD People really don't know what they are saying sometimes...

11 hours ago, StarPT.7431 said:

They suck so much the prices doubled despite the nerf in sustain xDD People really don't know what they are saying sometimes...

Well people tend to think the sky is falling. I mean i think some of the nerfs to all classes were a bit much... especially since its just pve.. and that people have been running certain builds for years.. but meh *shrugs* im still enjoying it..

On another note.. anyone know a good condi build for open world harb?