Question about Dailies

4 hours ago, Milkshake.4370 said:

Does anybody know if the daily achievements are totally random or are they on a schedule that cycle?

Im so curious about it and figured I'd drop that Q here

I don't think it's on a cycle; if there was a cycle to it, it would surely have been found and published on the wiki by now.

4 hours ago, Harfang.1507 said:

There is a cycle. I have an app (GW2 Companion) that even tells you what is the next day's dailies. I am sure there is a page on the wiki that covers that, but I could not find it.

There's an API call that gives out the list of dailies for tomorrow, which is (most likely) what the app is using to get the information: https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/achievements/daily/tomorrow

Edited by Zohane.7208
spelling
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zohane.7208 said:

I don't think it's on a cycle; if there was a cycle to it, it would surely have been found and published on the wiki by now.

There's an API call that gives out the list of dailies for tomorrow, which is (most likely) what the app is using to get the information: https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/achievements/daily/tomorrow

Am I misunderstanding this? You say it's not on a cycle or it would have been published on the Wiki...immediately below a post linking to the page on the Wiki which lists it, then you link to the source of that information. Doesn't that prove there is a cycle and it is already known?

• Confused 3

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Am I misunderstanding this? You say it's not on a cycle or it would have been published on the Wiki...immediately below a post linking to the page on the Wiki which lists it, then you link to the source of that information. Doesn't that prove there is a cycle and it is already known?

I fear you are misunderstanding what I'm saying. the API is indeed the source of the information, but there's no indicator that there's a known cycle; Arenanet provides an API to get tomorrow's dailies but for all we know, that may be just a randomization done one day in advance.

I'm not saying that there's any proof that there's no cycle, but if there is, it's so long and obscure that none of the smart people building the wiki have been able to find it. (Note that there's no table on the wiki of the coming dailies weeks in advance, as is the case with strike and fractal dailies for example, but only today and tomorrow, both of which are provided by the API.)

Edit: the list of fractal dailies are not on the same page, they are here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists#Daily_Fractals

Edited by Zohane.7208
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Zohane.7208 said:

I fear you are misunderstanding what I'm saying. the API is indeed the source of the information, but there's no indicator that there's a known cycle; Arenanet provides an API to get tomorrow's dailies but for all we know, that may be just a randomization done one day in advance.

I'm not saying that there's any proof that there's no cycle, but if there is, it's so long and obscure that none of the smart people building the wiki have been able to find it. (Note that there's no table on the wiki of the coming dailies weeks in advance, as is the case with strike and fractal dailies for example, but only today and tomorrow, both of which are provided by the API.)

Edit: the list of fractal dailies are not on the same page, they are here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Fractals_of_the_Mists#Daily_Fractals

So, ‘tomorrow’s’ might be known, but Sunday and so on are not?  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Strider Pj.2193 said:

So, ‘tomorrow’s’ might be known, but Sunday and so on are not?  

That's my impression at least. Of course we don't know if Arenanet has a cycle, or a long list prepared, or if it's just randomized one day ahead. But for us players that's the way it is 🙂

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Zohane.7208 said:

That's my impression at least. Of course we don't know if Arenanet has a cycle, or a long list prepared, or if it's just randomized one day ahead. But for us players that's the way it is 🙂

this is exactly why I posted the thread LOL the wiki page is not accurate and sometimes the dailies are different, sometimes I have two identical dailies 2 days in a row

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Milkshake.4370 said:

this is exactly why I posted the thread LOL the wiki page is not accurate and sometimes the dailies are different, sometimes I have two identical dailies 2 days in a row

That might be if you forget to take server reset into consideration. Dailies change at midnight UTC, so if you look just after reset on one day, and then before reset on the next day, this might seem to be the case, since it's still the same day according to the servers. (Judging from your time of posting it suggests to me you might be where the reset happens sometime during your evening.)

• Like 1