Widescreen scaling on 32:9 not working properly.

Raz.9170

Hello,

I recently upgraded my 48:9 triple monitor setup to a 32:9 monitor.
Scaling of the character in the character creator and cinematics is not working properly. HUD elements are not centered either.

All of this works in 48:9 resolutions so I am guessing that this is an oversight on part of the engine team.

Can support be added for 32:9 super ultrawide screens too? Thanks!

• Sad 1

@Fire Attunement.9835 is there a possibility that you could check on this issue internally?
Characters in the selection screen are zoomed in

Map is very impractical because of this scaling bug
Loading screen is scaled properly

I don't want to create a hook or modify memory addresses but I might have to as the game is very hard to play in 32:9.
In the meantime I have gotten rid of my 48:9 setup so I can't go back to that for the expansion.

• Like 1

Have you checked the wiki on this issue?

Sounds like this:"

Display[edit]

While perfectly playable on smaller displays, the "Small" Interface size appears to be designed for about 1400 pixels wide, and the "Normal" interface size for about 1550 pixels wide. On smaller displays than this, the Chat panel pops up out of alignment from the row with the skillbar and minimap. Resize it smaller from the upper right corner. However, at 1280 pixels wide, even with the interface size on small, the minimum width of the chat box does not fit in one row."

is happening. (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Running_the_game#cite_note-PvPOnline_twitter-2)

Also mutiple other topics here and on the net about this issue at least two years back. I'm not very knowlegdeable on this, playing on a laptop, but it seems there is no actuall solution.

Edited by SandraSolace.7682

On 2/24/2022 at 1:35 PM, SandraSolace.7682 said:

Have you checked the wiki on this issue?

Sounds like this:"

Display[edit]

While perfectly playable on smaller displays, the "Small" Interface size appears to be designed for about 1400 pixels wide, and the "Normal" interface size for about 1550 pixels wide. On smaller displays than this, the Chat panel pops up out of alignment from the row with the skillbar and minimap. Resize it smaller from the upper right corner. However, at 1280 pixels wide, even with the interface size on small, the minimum width of the chat box does not fit in one row."

is happening. (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Running_the_game#cite_note-PvPOnline_twitter-2)

Also mutiple other topics here and on the net about this issue at least two years back. I'm not very knowlegdeable on this, playing on a laptop, but it seems there is no actuall solution.

Thanks for posting that, now my tests make sense. 

I have tried modifying the client's memory addresses, I was able to move elements to reposition the UI but that caused the game to crash now and then.
In the meantime I have learned that the game modifies the UI's bounding box according to data provided by Nvidia's or AMD's surround/eyefinity setup. At least that happens with the DX9 renderer. The DX11 renderer doesn't do this, I hope it will in the future. 
So even if anyone had an actual 48:9 monitor, the game will spread the UI accross the whole screen unlike when the same resolution is achieved with three monitors.

Lucky for me I have a virtual gaming computer running on my server and I stream it to my laptop. By attaching three dummy monitor cables I configured Nvidia Surround to serve a single ultrawide virtual monitor instead of three virtual monitors. 
So when I stream to my desk with Moonlight or Parsec I end up with the same resolution as before, except with the game's UI centered on my screen.

Here's my server with a few monitor emulators plugged in

Picture of the UI centered on my ultrawide monitor

The map is useable now

The only problem I need to fix now is that my 3840x1080 resolution consists of 1280x1080 segments, which as you described does allow the UI to fit properly.
Ideally I should have two 960x1080 segments and a central segment of 1920x1080 in my configuration. I guess I'll look into that now.