My Twilight turned into a token automatically?

Hello I had Twilight in my inventory. It seems that it's become a token now? I don't use it often (other than pvp really) however it shouldn't have turned into a token without my consent?

Edit: Just to clarify I don't like Eternity or Sunrise. I chose Twilight intentionally because of its style throughout the day/night. So this update leads to having essentially nothing for thousands of hours of play.

Edited by Almighty Dervisher.6720
A bit more clarification
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

As of the addition of the legendary armory, all legendary items that are bound to your account are removed from inventories and added into the armory. You can find it under the equipment tab.

For Twilight and Sunrise specifically they give tokens to make Eternity with as they are added into the armory.

Go to the Equipment screen on your Hero Panel. (The one that looks like this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Equipment#/media/File:Equipment_slots.jpg )

Click one of your weapon slots.

See how, in addition to the stuff in your normal Inventory, Twilight shows up in there? You still own it and it's still account-bound, but now it exists as a permanent unlock that all of your characters have instead of something you move around like a regular item.

Just stash the token in your bank or whatever, you only need it if you decide to craft Eternity later (which will *NOT* destroy your Twilight).

Edited by ASP.8093
  • Like 2

I agree with you that Legendaries should not have been sucked into the Legendary Armoury without the players consent. This ought to have been a choice, not a forced action.

But your Twilight is still accessible via your equipment tab in the Hero Panel. You might also want to read up on the flawed Legendary Armoury on the official wiki: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Legendary_Armory

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Im just assuming that if you're savvy enough to craft a leggy. Then you somewhat know what you're doing. I guess i could be wrong.

I don't want to belabor the point here, but yes, you are wrong.   The legendary armory is a recent addition.  People that crafted legendaries before it existed could very well be unaware of the new system.  Knowing the process for crafting legendaries years ago has nothing to do with this.

The OP came and asked a legitimate question and it was answered with links to educate them on how this now works.  End of story.   Clear enough?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

I'm sure there are others that crafted a Gen 1 Legendary Weapon in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and even later...and took a break for years, then came back, didn't read every blog or patch note they missed and subsequently were unaware of the implementation of the Legendary Armory. 

One knows what they say about the word assume...

Edited by Inculpatus cedo.9234
typo

10 hours ago, AlCapwnd.7834 said:

Im just assuming that if you're savvy enough to craft a leggy. Then you somewhat know what you're doing. I guess i could be wrong.

Considering this is the second post about a legendary "disappearing" in the past week it makes more sense to assume that some people just don't know about the armory. A lot of people don't read patch notes, or the red posts, or even the news blogs. And there are plenty of people who take breaks. Combine that and you have people who have taken a break pre-armory, have come back post-armory, and haven't read up on changes.

• Like 1

On 2/22/2022 at 5:30 AM, Almighty Dervisher.6720 said:

Edit: Just to clarify I don't like Eternity or Sunrise. I chose Twilight intentionally because of its style throughout the day/night. So this update leads to having essentially nothing for thousands of hours of play.

As explained by others: you still have all your legendary gear. Since it is account bound and you cannot sell it anyway, having it in the armory (left-handed side of your Character Equipment window) instead of your inventory doesn't change a thing for you. Your Twilight is still there, you now even have access to it throughout all of your characters through said armory. 🙂

• Confused 1

18 hours ago, smithkt.8062 said:

I don't want to belabor the point here, but yes, you are wrong.   The legendary armory is a recent addition.  People that crafted legendaries before it existed could very well be unaware of the new system.  Knowing the process for crafting legendaries years ago has nothing to do with this.

The OP came and asked a legitimate question and it was answered with links to educate them on how this now works.  End of story.   Clear enough?

I said i could be wrong. Clear enough?

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2