A message from a veteran player to the devs: I'm so glad I preordered EoD

So many naysayers and downers here.  I've been playing GW since the first days of the first game, and I love it.  I preordered EoD as soon as I could and I'm PROUD of it.  Am really looking forward to next Monday.  What to do first?  Elite specs, new maps, new story, new skins, fishing, siege turtle, Jade Bot, new legendary, soak in the awesome new soundtrack.  Thanks, devs!

• Like 23
  • Thanks 18
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 17
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Unfortunately, my schedule means no playing on Monday. But as another veteran player, I'm excited for the Friday of launch week. I've taken the day off and have a date with my son to jump in to EoD and  lose ourselves all day.

Playing with your kids = awesome.  How I miss that.  Mine are grown now and usually too busy to game with Mom, or our schedules are just too different.  Have fun fun fun!

• Like 12
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

Playing with your kids = awesome.  How I miss that.  Mine are grown now and usually too busy to game with Mom, or our schedules are just too different.  Have fun fun fun!

Thanks!

My son, at this point, imagines we'll play together when he's an adult. I like to imagine we will, but will keep realistic expectations.

It's more likely than my daughter's imagination, in which she will someday buy a house right next to ours so we can live on the same block. 😄

• Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Everyone has a right to opinion, you should respect that. For/against comment, good/bad review, praise/critic reviews, both should be respected. 

I seen many posts thanking/praising the game, but seen less posts with the opposite. I don't get why so many people go against criticism, criticism ≠ hate. 

When I posted my opinion on eod (long back, after beta), so many said "if you don't like it, don't buy it", that's just sad how a critic pov is taken bad. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 8

8 minutes ago, Blue D Phoenix.7260 said:

Everyone has a right to opinion, you should respect that. For/against comment, good/bad review, praise/critic reviews, both should be respected. 

I seen many posts thanking/praising the game, but seen less posts with the opposite. I don't get why so many people go against criticism, criticism ≠ hate. 

When I posted my opinion on eod (long back, after beta), so many said "if you don't like it, don't buy it", that's just sad how a critic pov is taken bad. 

Maybe because a lot of criticism is actually hate masquerading as criticism. I'm not saying there is no legitimate critism, I don't think Anet and EoD are perfect, but there is a lot of nonconstructive negativity.  

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 9

6 hours ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

So many naysayers and downers here.  I've been playing GW since the first days of the first game, and I love it.  I preordered EoD as soon as I could and I'm PROUD of it.  Am really looking forward to next Monday.  What to do first?  Elite specs, new maps, new story, new skins, fishing, siege turtle, Jade Bot, new legendary, soak in the awesome new soundtrack.  Thanks, devs!

Thanks to the devs for this great looking expansion and thank you @Witch of Doom.5739 for starting this thread. It's good to see positive stuff on this forum. I'm very much looking forward to next Monday and as an old, retired guy, I expect to jump into EoD as soon as I've gotten it downloaded. What to do first? I've got enough Potions of WvW Rewards to zip through a half a dozen or so  reward tracks if they are related to EoD. That's the first thing I will check as any such reward tracks will presumably have EoD related mats and stuff. Second thing will be opening up the BL chests I've been saving, since they will also presumably be EoD related at that point. The next most likely thing will be starting the story to get access to the EoD maps. I had thought that a siege turtle would be one of my first priorities in Cantha but then I saw the Jade Bots and they immediately became goal number one. That likely will also mean gathering mats and leveling my jeweler up to 500 asap so I can also customize my new little bot friend. 🤖

Oh, and Mechanist is the one new spec that I know I want, so I have an Asuran engineer standing by, with all the HP needed to learn the new spec immediately. Gosh, there will be so much to do. I'm still gonna need that siege turtle, as well as a boat. Our guild will also be hosting fishing parties as soon as we get skiffs. A couple of guildies have taken time off next week and we'll be running around EoD together a lot. Whew, this is all gonna be fun.  😍

• Like 7
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Thanks to the devs for this great looking expansion and thank you @Witch of Doom.5739 for starting this thread. It's good to see positive stuff on this forum. I'm very much looking forward to next Monday and as an old, retired guy, I expect to jump into EoD as soon as I've gotten it downloaded. What to do first? I've got enough Potions of WvW Rewards to zip through a half a dozen or so  reward tracks if they are related to EoD. That's the first thing I will check as any such reward tracks will presumably have EoD related mats and stuff. Second thing will be opening up the BL chests I've been saving, since they will also presumably be EoD related at that point. The next most likely thing will be starting the story to get access to the EoD maps. I had thought that a siege turtle would be one of my first priorities in Cantha but then I saw the Jade Bots and they immediately became goal number one. That likely will also mean gathering mats and leveling my jeweler up to 500 asap so I can also customize my new little bot friend. 🤖

Oh, and Mechanist is the one new spec that I know I want, so I have an Asuran engineer standing by, with all the HP needed to learn the new spec immediately. Gosh, there will be so much to do. I'm still gonna need that siege turtle, as well as a boat. Our guild will also be hosting fishing parties as soon as we get skiffs. A couple of guildies have taken time off next week and we'll be running around EoD together a lot. Whew, this is all gonna be fun.  😍

Don't forget to preview your Black Lion Chests before opening the first one. Just curious, how many keys do you have saved up?

• Like 1

Fine, I hope you enjoy the game as it is and as it will be but as for me I will continue to insist it be improved by holding firm to the issues that I want dealt with before I purchase and play EoD myself. Don't think I'm a simple naysayer or downer though just because I'm not purchasing EoD, I do in fact want to play and enjoy EoD someday but I do not trust the issues will be dealt with if I reward them with money and loyalty for purposefully exacerbating those issues with EoD instead of fixing them.

Are we clear on that or are you going to respond with a confused emoji for some reason which may include unqualified disapproval?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

44 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Don't forget to preview your Black Lion Chests before opening the first one. Just curious, how many keys do you have saved up?

Atm I have 22 BL chests and 12 keys sitting in the bank, as well as having the gems to buy more keys as needed.

That's a good point about previewing the chests first. I've been assuming/hoping that the BL chests will rotate with the new expansion but it's best to be sure. Thanks.

21 minutes ago, DaFishBob.6518 said:

Fine, I hope you enjoy the game as it is and as it will be but as for me I will continue to insist it be improved by holding firm to the issues that I want dealt with before I purchase and play EoD myself. Don't think I'm a simple naysayer or downer though just because I'm not purchasing EoD, I do in fact want to play and enjoy EoD someday but I do not trust the issues will be dealt with if I reward them with money and loyalty for purposefully exacerbating those issues with EoD instead of fixing them.

Are we clear on that or are you going to respond with a confused emoji for some reason which may include unqualified disapproval?

Thanks for saying you hope I enjoy the game; I'm sure I will (solo exploration of maps is always my fave thing with new expacs).  I don't expect perfection, but do expect many, many hours of fun.  You are right to not buy it if it's not what you want.  No confused emoji from me!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Witch of Doom.5739 said:

Yup. Me too. But the more I've seen of it, the less I want to play it. Jade bots? Fishing? Skiffs? Siege Turtles? None of those interest me. Of course, it's fine if other people like those things. Just saying I regret pre-ordering. I broke a cardinal rule to never, ever pre-order a game. I main a Necro, and Harbiner looks terrible. As for the soundtrack - that's the first thing I turn off in any video game - the music. So, meh from me. But I hope it's enjoyable for everyone else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

Definitely looking forward to it, if just for the fact that Cantha pays mad respect to engineer mains 🙂  Plus at $30? Anet has a pretty good track record for delivering content for money given. Love or hate some things, most games would sell at double that and still come with egregious microtransactions.

Though I do wish fishing was better. It sucks that 24 years ago, Ocarina of Time still holds the gold standard for arcady fishing. If GW2 had that calibre of fishing, I would be all over it. I will forgive them however if they release a yellow rubber ducky skiff for April fools day.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, Diovid.9506 said:

Maybe because a lot of criticism is actually hate masquerading as criticism. I'm not saying there is no legitimate critism, I don't think Anet and EoD are perfect, but there is a lot of nonconstructive negativity.  

Yeah but it depends on you, the other guy posted criticism (or opinion) about the game, he didn't post hate, he pointed out some good points and some not good points. I don't get why this post's author decided to make a post against his tho, if there's a topic post where it has positive review and some other posts a negative review in a new post, mentioning the previous positive post, you think that's ok?

If you want to post a good review, u can, but why attack other's review personally?

Ps, i dont agree with the other post(seems like he doesnt like casual gameplay, which is the whole reason i play the game but i also understand their point of view, to reward non casual players).

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

6 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

More content, more new spec, more stuff that improves what already exist in GW2 without powercreeping already existing content ? sign me the fk up

The powercreep are Jade Bots (if im not missing any other mastery that powercreep aswell).

Cant thank the devs for a content i havent played still (seems other can, funny), so when i played it i would give my opinion. Anyway the game have already lots of issues to be addressed without even seeing EoD.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 2
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

The powercreep are Jade Bots (if im not missing any other mastery that powercreep aswell).

What does it powercreep exactly ? Tell me.

3 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

Cant thank the devs for a content i havent played still (seems other can, funny), so when i played it i would give my opinion. Anyway the game have already lots of issues to be addressed without even seeing EoD.

I didnt know that because the game has flaw, I cannot look forward to play new content and have more stuff to do. You find it funny that people "thanks the dev content" (I dont know where you see that exactly but whatever) but you know what I find more funny ? People trashtalking the expansion saying stuff like "It's kitten" , "It brings no content" or "this brings nothing" despite not having played the expansion. And yet some people find such behavior acceptable.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

5 minutes ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

What does it powercreep exactly ? Tell me.

I didnt know that because the game has flaw, I cannot look forward to play new content and have more stuff to do. You find it funny that people "thanks the dev content" (I dont know where you see that exactly but whatever) but you know what I find more funny ? People trashtalking the expansion saying stuff like "It's kitten" , "It brings no content" or "this brings nothing" despite not having played the expansion. And yet some people find such behavior acceptable.

It powercreeps Vitality (2.400hp) to all classes, and they said they are thinking in adding more stats like dmg etc in their stream. Even tho vitality its not the best stat, its still a powercreep for all past content, and if they add more stats even more.

11 hours ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Much appreciation for the Devs and all their hard work.  Can't wait for Monday! 

Here you can see people giving thanks for a content that they havent even played yet. I dont see if it makes sense at all.

Edited by Izzy.2951
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

31 minutes ago, Izzy.2951 said:

It powercreeps Vitality (2.400hp) to all classes, and they said they are thinking in adding more stats like dmg etc in their stream. Even tho vitality its not the best stat, its still a powercreep for all past content, and if they add more stats even more.

Here you can see people giving thanks for a content that they havent even played yet. I dont see if it makes sense at all.

Not sure I said I was referring to content I haven't played, but have seen. One should always keep assumptions in check. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1